Official: McCann is a Met, $40/4 years

Buehrle>Wood

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Pretty affordable AAV. Screaming from the roof tops, for all the talk of catcher scarcity, they always seem to be a pretty affordable contract.

You expected a guy who has had one good year in his career at 30 and plays catcher, which historically aged poorly after 30, to get more than 4 years 4p million? I'm pretty shocked he locked up what he did.

21 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They could have brought him back for less.  Huge downgrade to the catcher position.  

Sox to James: James we have an offer you can't refuse: we'll pay you less, with less years, to get less playing time than you would in New York.

James: Where do I sign?

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He would have signed with them for less before he hit free agency.  

Why would he sign a contract as a backup when it was obvious a couple teams needed a starter? Maybe if he was coming off a bad season but he was in a great position for a really nice contract. He would have been a fool not to test free agency. 

• Thanks 3

Boo.

I'm gonna miss him.

Cohen signing him is not a surprise.

I see we both have something in common - we loathed Reinsdorf.

(Too bad it wasn"t his net worth. I would buy the Sox and make everyone forget the prior ownership in an heartbeat.

The only reason today this site wouldn't be talking about Springer in RF and Bauer in the rotation would have been they just didn't want to come here).

And Dunning would still be here.

Edited by GradMc
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Boo.

I'm gonna miss him.

Cohen signing him is not a surprise.

I see we both have something in common - we loathed Reinsdorf.

(Too bad it wasn"t his net worth. I would buy the Sox and make everyone forget the prior ownership in an heartbeat.

The only reason today this site wouldn't be talking about Springer in RF and Bauer in the rotation would have been they just didn't want to come here).

And Dunning would still be here.

Reinsdorf is a saint compared to Cohen. One thing Reinsdorf is right on, Cohen should never been allowed to own a major league baseball team. If Cohen loathes Reinsdorf, that’s a credit to Reinsdorf.

Edited by Vulture

42 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Why would he sign a contract as a backup when it was obvious a couple teams needed a starter? Maybe if he was coming off a bad season but he was in a great position for a really nice contract. He would have been a fool not to test free agency. 

Because he liked it here and wanted to win here.  It's really too bad they couldn't get it done.