Official: McCann is a Met, $40/4 years

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, SCCWS said:

It will be interesting to see how the Sox handle Grandal next year. A few trends to watch next year is that he usually is a better hitter in first half of the season (understandable being a catcher) and he also experiences a fairly big drop in production when not catching but playing IB and this year DH. Sox wanted to get his LH bat but maybe there will be better options next year. 

this is totally fair and accurate. you have to see if Collins can cut it this year. if he can't they make a move at the deadline this year. The trade deadline this year is going to be nuts with cash strapped teams. 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, poppysox said:

Sure hope our front office is discussing an extension for McCann.  McCann, Collins and perhaps Zivala set us up at the most important position on the field.  It's amazing how much better both defense and lineup look when he is in the game.  Get er done Rick.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Go look it up asshat.

I did, looks like we were on similar pages regarding McCann. 

Just not two years ago. 

Also for context, this was me when we signed recently DFA'd McCann

On 12/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, Quin said:

I am perfectly whelmed by this move.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I did, looks like we were on similar pages regarding McCann. 

Just not two years ago. 

Also for context, this was me when we signed recently DFA'd McCann

It seems like 10 years ago to me actually.  Nice to know we agree on something.

• Haha 1

Just now, poppysox said:

It seems like 10 years ago to me actually.  Nice to know we agree on something.

so... is he no longer an asshat or he's still an asshat? Hard to keep up with the name calling around here. Just wanted to get some clarity before I bought him some underwear for his noggin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

so... is he no longer an asshat or he's still an asshat? Hard to keep up with the name calling around here. Just wanted to get some clarity before I bought him some underwear for his noggin.

We all are asshat's from time to time.  It kind of happens when you see a comment and shoot from the hip in your response.  Coincidentally it was just yesterday that I complemented Monkey for his calm reasoned responses when under attack.  He's the best at patiently dealing with posters who use the attack mode postings.

• Haha 3

He earned the right to play every day. Good for him. We still have Grandal, though, so I think we'll be just fine...

I do wish Ricky had made more of an effort to get more ABs for Collins over the last season and a half. I'm pretty confident that he'll be able to hit once he gets a little seasoning, but it would be nice to know at this point whether he's actually a big league catcher. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We all are asshat's from time to time.  It kind of happens when you see a comment and shoot from the hip in your response.  Coincidentally it was just yesterday that I complemented Monkey for his calm reasoned responses when under attack.  He's the best at patiently dealing with posters who use the attack mode postings.

Please refrain from name calling other members.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

James McCann is going to be disappointing if he plays 100+ games for someone. He's really solid in a split role. Start vs all LHP and really mash. 

This x1000.  I like McCann.  He was really good for the Sox.

But we have one of the best 2-3 catchers in the game, and he's a horse.  We need to ride him.  McCann would be a poor use of resources on this team. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/dallas-keuchel-i-hold-out-hope-james-mccann-returns-white-sox

Keuchel “praying” McCann still returns to Sox. Maybe he doesn’t realize McCann’s superior performance since he put on a Sox uniform was just a mirage.

“I hold out hope that he comes back with us because that would be amazing — that team is going to get a perennial leader, an All Star”

Edited by Vulture

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/dallas-keuchel-i-hold-out-hope-james-mccann-returns-white-sox

Keuchel “praying” McCann still returns to Sox. Maybe he doesn’t realize McCanns superior performance sine he put on a Sox uniform was just a mirage.

DK is a very smart man. He is doing James a solid here. He knows there is zero chance of James coming back. 

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox need a backup catcher and a DH until Vaughn is ready. Yadi is signed to split time with Grandal and Grandal plays DH or 1B when he’s not catching.  I wouldn’t like it, but sounds like something Tony would love.

#CHANGETHEGAME

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Sure there is a speculative reason to discount every of the numerous items in actual favor of McCann

I'm not saying he doesn't want him back, just that it ain't likely. DK knows it was always a longshot. This doesn't mean James sucks, in fact it is the opposite, as his market is robust. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

45 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox need a backup catcher and a DH until Vaughn is ready. Yadi is signed to split time with Grandal and Grandal plays DH or 1B when he’s not catching.  I wouldn’t like it, but sounds like something Tony would love.

whole lotta yuck