You have $30m to complete the roster...

striker

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s just steeling the La Stella from bmags.

This is 100% true, but I hope somehow in this dumb world a seed is planted on a soxtalk board, is stolen from a fleeting grifter, gets seen by steve stone and others, serves as a subliminal message, suddenly they see things like flights to LA, and the very common girls name STELLA everywhere they go, and when they have a daily team meeting, all they can say is La Stella? Should we sign La Stella?

And when it all happens they will think it was their idea the whole time, and that's ok. 

I do this for all of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

DId you factor in the raises for players already on the team ? They guys they got rid of EE,Cishek,GG, Rodon and Mazara pretty much equals the raises so as others said it only leaves about $15M of the $30M if we assume $30M is correct.

Something like $55 million came off the books. I saw on here there is a $24 million increase with arbitration and rates, and they have added $16 million with Eaton and Lynn.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think there is a tale of two worst case scenarios on this board.

In one worst case scenario, we have a starting pitching staff of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, (Quintana|Paxton) and Cease. They all stay 100% healthy, and are all good, and we don't have room for a successful Kopech in the minors.

In a different worse case scenario, we have a starting pitching staff of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, Cease and (Lopez|Stiever), they suffer a single injury or underperformance, and we are suddenly trying to figure out if Flores or some other pitcher is needed.

A single pitcher gives us a lot of depth.

So you don't think Crochet will be treated the same way as Kopech or did you just forget him ?

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is 100% true, but I hope somehow in this dumb world a seed is planted on a soxtalk board, is stolen from a fleeting grifter, gets seen by steve stone and others, serves as a subliminal message, suddenly they see things like flights to LA, and the very common girls name STELLA everywhere they go, and when they have a daily team meeting, all they can say is La Stella? Should we sign La Stella?

And when it all happens they will think it was their idea the whole time, and that's ok. 

I do this for all of us.

In that case, can you talk about how great of a fit Bauer is ? Lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Something like $55 million came off the books. I saw on here there is a $24 million increase with arbitration and rates, and they have added $16 million with Eaton and Lynn.

Yea the numbers everyone was using is $15M left and maybe that's based on something I said a week ago about being $15 M over last years payroll already but I forgot about Colome when I did that so really were /are only $5M over. Should be room for Hendriks and a starting pitcher.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So you don't think Crochet will be treated the same way as Kopech or did you just forget him ?

I don't think Crochet is likely as a SP next year do you? I think he's in minors as a starter but is eventually a RP for us next year. And hopefully we see him as a starter for 2022, but even then he has so much to work up to on his arm.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

I don't think Crochet is likely as a SP next year do you? I think he's in minors as a starter but is eventually a RP for us next year. And hopefully we see him as a starter for 2022, but even then he has so much to work up to on his arm.

I think between him and Kopech ,Kopech gets more starts but I think it's also possible Crochet gets some and if he does well gets more. I think they almost have to try that.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Tell me how you'd spend it, including trades.

I'd re-sign for being a cheap bastard or working in a cheap organization. 

If I were forced to stay, I'd 

1. Give Liam 13m

2. Give Q 10.5

3. Give Tommy LaStella 6.5 or Schwarber 6 if he will take it. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

15 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Here's the thing, if they really had 30m left to spend rather than having 30m before including Lynn and Eaton, there would be no reason to go cheap on Joc. 

Because with Joc instead of Eaton, we'd have 26m left instead of 30m, more than enough to sign Hendriks even at his current demand (13) plus another SP (10). 

If they are pinching pennies in RF, it suggests its more likely they had 30m total to spend, NOT 30m left. 

I don’t think the $30M figure has any bearing in reality and is just some random number Bruce came up with.  I tend to believe they will be around $140M like James is assuming.  I also don’t think they want to commit to multiple years for a RF upgrade at this time for whatever reason.  Personally I’d have signed Joc for two years, but they may see RF as the next spot to insert a young player as soon 2022 so they can allocate more payroll to pitching, whether that be Colas, Adolfo, Rutherford, etc.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

i think you're dead on here

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think there is a tale of two worst case scenarios on this board.

In one worst case scenario, we have a starting pitching staff of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, (Quintana|Paxton) and Cease. They all stay 100% healthy, and are all good, and we don't have room for a successful Kopech in the minors.

In a different worse case scenario, we have a starting pitching staff of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, Cease and (Lopez|Stiever), they suffer a single injury or underperformance, and we are suddenly trying to figure out if Flores or some other pitcher is needed.

A single pitcher gives us a lot of depth.

100% agree.

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

I do this for all of us.

Lol...I love it.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox are 100% in on Hendriks. I’m expecting payroll to be around $140 million. Something like Hendriks, Quintana, Brad Miller and some minor league deals sounds about right

Have you heard that they are talking to Brad Miller or are they trying to bring in a left-handed hitting infielder in general?

I can't see LaStella taking a bench job.

Edited by manbearpuig

5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Have you heard that they are talking to Brad Miller or are they trying to bring in a left-handed hitting infielder in general?

I can't see LaStella taking a bench job.

We have DH open and he is multipositional

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox are 100% in on Hendriks. I’m expecting payroll to be around $140 million. Something like Hendriks, Quintana, Brad Miller and some minor league deals sounds about right

Are you suggesting they are going over the "reported" $30M budget?