You have $30m to complete the roster...

striker

15 hours ago, Sarava said:

A trade like that might make sense to be honest. If the Sox are at the deadline cruising in first place, but have some starting pitching depth issues. A Kopech for Yu Darvish trade might win you a World Series.

And cause the average Sox fan to not want to watch baseball for the decade following 2023.

If we indeed have $30M left. I would be disappointed how we blew $7M to go after a marginal upgrade in Eaton and not throw it all at Bauer.

Sign Bauer to 2/$75M. Trade someone from the likes of Adolfo/Sheet/L Gonzalez for a cost controlled RP. Let Bummer, Heuer, and that RP battle it out for the closer spot. Engel/Leury platoon might be as good as Eaton at RF.

Best rotation in the AL, top 5 offense. Championship roster.

1 hour ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

If we indeed have $30M left. I would be disappointed how we blew $7M to go after a marginal upgrade in Eaton and not throw it all at Bauer.

Sign Bauer to 2/$75M. Trade someone from the likes of Adolfo/Sheet/L Gonzalez for a cost controlled RP. Let Bummer, Heuer, and that RP battle it out for the closer spot. Engel/Leury platoon might be as good as Eaton at RF.

Best rotation in the AL, top 5 offense. Championship roster.

2/75?

36 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’d rather play with the big boys on the position player side 

The Sox are pretty loaded for position players already. Especially if you get the hoped for growth from players like Eloy and Robert this coming season.

If they come up short anywhere compared to other playoff caliber teams, its probably in the starting staff. And the Nats just showed us in 2019 how a dominant top heavy staff can be ridden to a title.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would have been A-OK with Springer and fillers too.

The problem is how high do you go with Springer and how long do you wait?

Missing out on Machado and Harper was ok because 2019 was a nothing year.  Missing out on Springer and then having limited options is my issue.  I like the Eaton signing because I think he fits a need but also because he is actually signed. 

Lynn and Eaton should not preclude them from making additional moves but is a nice back stop if things go crazy.

I don't think they get Spring or Bauer because some GM will do something stupid and that contract will be an albatross before the ink dries.  Outside of New York how do those big contracts work out? 

The whole offseason seems to be gridlocked right now.  How long are the Sox supposed to wait it out.