Hypothetical question re: Eaton

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, Sox72 said:

What a weird thread. Started by someone who needed to feel validated. Propped up by posters who saw it as an opportunity to bring down one of the best posters on the site via mob mentality. And then not only NOT shut down by mods, but used by one to jump on the bandwagon and call names. 

I guess keep it up if you just want Sox Talk to be filled with Rons and the like. Maybe that’s the endgame?

Basically, for you to feel validated by someone else- you feel the other person has heard and understood what you said. It is a form of support and acceptance. 

Is this a bad thing? Don't we all post our opinions and hope others see things from our unique perspectives  ? Aren't the little emoji buttons meant for showing support or thanks for agreeing with me or to laugh as validation that a joke we made was funny or simply that what we said was so stupid its funny ? If a comedian bombs wouldn't he be happier and feel validated that he was indeed funny by the laughter of the audience ? No one likes to be ignored. We don't do it simply to be validated but it's always appreciated.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

50 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No worries. At least this time Tony didn't threaten to ban me for disagreeing with him. Those were good times.

When you disagree with people it will bother them; I know what I sign up for with my style.

Ragah still thinks we're having "serious" discussions; talking about baseball - a game - and a team none of us play for - a hobby. Apparently because I involve statistics - my background - that means it's a serious discussion. Really odd takes all around.

Yeah, it's so odd that I would think someone who is pulling statistics to try to prove arguments is being serious. So you're just doing it for shits and giggles. No real point other than to just mess around with people and called them "buddy" and "pal" in a condescending manner all the time. 

What in the actual fuck. That is one of the most fucking bizarre things I have ever heard.

(Translation: it's not serious anymore if I get called out for making a fool of myself; then it's just having a good time, man! Don't take things too serious!)

Your passive aggressive routine is really sad.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

• Quin pinned, unpinned and locked this topic