Tony LaRussa to plead guilty to lesser charge

southsider2k5

I'm not quoting anyone, nor do I wish to discuss this other than to give my opinion...

Tony La Russa shouldn't have been hired because there was no process...it was just Reinsdorf hiring a buddy, and that's not cool.

Should he have had a stiffer penalty than what he's going to end up with? Certainly, but life ain't fair...and this falls under that category.  

The subject of moving on...my opinion...get it out of your system before spring training.  If you can't find joy in the team you root for, then I understand that, and you should find something else that does give you joy if you can't let it go by February.  Most Sox fans don't like this situation, but it's going to get old real fast if every decision that goes wrong is reacted to with "Tony is drunk tonight".  That's not funny. It's lazy and lame.  

Last, I hope the Sox and La Russa make a statement that satisfies everyone...oh wait, that's impossible....most people. There should be a zero tolerance policy with Tony drinking and driving with ANY alcohol in his system. His days of drinking and driving are 100% over while employed by the Sox or he's fired, no questions asked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why are you so anxious to feed from the BS trough in this?  This isn't going away, even after the is settled.

Because there’s no amount of b****ing about it now that can change it. By all means, let people keep calling and canceling their tickets.  Those same people are the ones complaining they went cheap in free agency.  Some people are hijacking every thread to find a way to complain about Tony, and maybe it’s me but it has not benefited the quality of the board.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

If you have enough money in this country to hire a good lawyer you can save face. If you’re poor, you’re screwed. 

And this is breaking news?  It’s not much different than the USC Admissions Scandal.  None of this is surprising, it’s been going on for decades. It doesn’t mean it’s right by any means, but I don’t expect it to ever change.

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

I'm not quoting anyone, nor do I wish to discuss this other than to give my opinion...

Tony La Russa shouldn't have been hired because there was no process...it was just Reinsdorf hiring a buddy, and that's not cool.

This “im mad about the process” argument is quite possibly the dumbest one out there. Reminds me of government workers that congratulate others on their process implementation even when the results achieved are average or worse.  Process oriented people, generally, are failures. Jerry hired BY FAR the best manager available. A living legend that is a top 10 manager of all time. 

Just LMAO at being mad about the process. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's not about the DUI. People are bent out of shape in general. If it wasn't the DUI it would be TLR advocating child abuse. 

Perhaps if the owner wasn't taking a blowtorch to all the hard work his FO did to create this exciting young team by trying to instead live in the past while at same time failing to act in good faith in terms of making necessary investments to win a title, then people wouldn't be "bent out of shape."

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

And this is breaking news?  It’s not much different than the USC Admissions Scandal.  None of this is surprising, it’s been going on for decades. It doesn’t mean it’s right by any means, but I don’t expect it to ever change.

It’s not at all, it’s 100% status quo. This time it just happens to apply to the new manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LaRussa entered a plea to a lower charge and the States Atty accepted it in lieu of trial. This is done routinely...thousands of times every day througoput our country ....and on charges more serious than a stationary DUI charge.  And it does not depend on how much money you pay an attorney or as some think,, involve a bribe to the Judge. Pleading to a lower charge  is a necessary  part of our judicial system.  If you haven't been in a criminal Court perhaps you cannot understand this and why it is necessary.  If there were aggravating circumstances the plead would not have been accepted. There may have been mitigating circumstances and certain weaknesses in the State's case that made them accept the plea.

But as far as moral turpitude involving the game of baseball I give that award to Keuchel,  a guy who was complicit in a cheating scandal involving his own team, a transgression that some consider worse than what Pete Rose did.  And the dude remains entirely unapologetic about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1