Owners would like to delay season until vaccine

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don't disagree with the above.  But let's just imagine for one second how these people would react to being denied due to that card.  I would take the riteous indignation and anger that anti mask people display right now and multiply it by 100.   "I bought these seats with my money and I'm going to sit in them without a mask and no vaccine"

ita gonna be ugly

Another question.  Kids under the age of 16 are currently are not recommended for the vaccine.  So no kids at the baseball games?   That should go over well.  Adoption of this vaccine is going to be a shitshow.  You will have a segment of society getting it as quickly as possible.  You will have another that will never get it due to conspiracy theories of Bill Gates putting chips in you, mark of the beast, stupid shit.  You will have another group of anti-vaxxers who will never get it.  You have people who think this is the flu and dont get their flu shot.  So its going to be a while for adoption at a rate that is going to make sense.  If the MLB is waiting till this is really out there so they can bank on full stadiums.  Think 2022 before the government is going to think that we are at a good enough vaccination rate to do that.  

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don't disagree with the above.  But let's just imagine for one second how these people would react to being denied due to that card.  I would take the riteous indignation and anger that anti mask people display right now and multiply it by 100.   "I bought these seats with my money and I'm going to sit in them without a mask and no vaccine"

ita gonna be ugly

Well IF you buy tickets, you agree that you were vaccinated. If you buy tickets at the stadium this won't be an issue because they can check for vaccination cards prior to letting you get to the ticket gates. If you buy them online, they should require a vaccination card number with your name and info to verify. This must be done for everyone in your party prior to purchasing tickets. If you find a way to cheat the system or scalp, you have no right to complain if you get busted. 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Another question.  Kids under the age of 16 are currently are not recommended for the vaccine.  So no kids at the baseball games?   That should go over well.  Adoption of this vaccine is going to be a shitshow.  You will have a segment of society getting it as quickly as possible.  You will have another that will never get it due to conspiracy theories of Bill Gates putting chips in you, mark of the beast, stupid shit.  You will have another group of anti-vaxxers who will never get it.  You have people who think this is the flu and dont get their flu shot.  So its going to be a while for adoption at a rate that is going to make sense.  If the MLB is waiting till this is really out there so they can bank on full stadiums.  Think 2022 before the government is going to think that we are at a good enough vaccination rate to do that.  

Kids can go to games with masks like everyone who is vaccinated. If only vaccinated people are at the games and children wear masks except when eating, there shouldn't be major concern for virus spreading. 

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

In the article I posted on the first page, it discusses the idea of having a negative test result within 72 hours if you were not vaccinated.  

3 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

In the article I posted on the first page, it discusses the idea of having a negative test result within 72 hours if you were not vaccinated.  

Great I get exposed to the virus on Sunday.  I get tested on Thursday the game is on the following Sunday.  I test negative.    Guess who can still have the virus and can get sick the next week.  This guy.   The reason the quarantine rates long as they are is because this thing doesn't pop up right away.  I have had people at my work get exposed and quarantine test negative and the next week they get sick and test positive.  

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Great I get exposed to the virus on Sunday.  I get tested on Thursday the game is on the following Sunday.  I test negative.    Guess who can still have the virus and can get sick the next week.  This guy.   The reason the quarantine rates long as they are is because this thing doesn't pop up right away.  I have had people at my work get exposed and quarantine test negative and the next week they get sick and test positive.  

I don't need to be lectured on how time works.  I was simply providing you information on ideas being discussed for people who do not want to get vaccinated, which was your concern.  

The only way testing will work for admittance is ever rapid testing can become common place and affordable where it could be conducted right outside the stadium for those without proof of vaccine.   

i think the talk of fans at games is very premature though as I don’t see us filling stadiums til at least the middle of the summer.  

Again, I think the owners are talking about players getting vaccinated before they start.    With infection rates and caseloads muc, much higher than they were last summer, the chance of having any sort of season without total chaos is almost zero unless you get the participants vaccinated.

Just now, Sambuca said:

I don't need to be lectured on how time works.  I was simply providing you information on ideas being discussed for people who do not want to get vaccinated, which was your concern.  

Great well I also know how to read and don't need a lecture of how bullshit works.  People will have zero proof one way or another that they have been inoculated.  Congrats I have declared myself immune because I don't believe in it.  If someone asks me if I was vaccinated.  Sure I was.  Now prove to the world that I wasn't without me having to show something that says I did.  I cant wait for the anti-mask freedom lovers to show up with their vaccine ID card or their app.  This is going to go over well.  My family is going to get this as soon as possible.   I dont know if that is going to be the case across the population. 

Great well I also know how to read and don't need a lecture of how bullshit works.  People will have zero proof one way or another that they have been inoculated.  Congrats I have declared myself immune because I don't believe in it.  If someone asks me if I was vaccinated.  Sure I was.  Now prove to the world that I wasn't without me having to show something that says I did.  I cant wait for the anti-mask freedom lovers to show up with their vaccine ID card or their app.  This is going to go over well.  My family is going to get this as soon as possible.   I dont know if that is going to be the case across the population. 

Supposedly, you will be getting a card or an app or something, that will show when you were inoculated and when you are due for another visit. Obviously not everyone is going to do it. Hopefully enough where if you go to a game you can feel pretty safe no one gave it to you because while this vaccine fights off the virus, they still don't know if vaccinated people can still spread it. 

I read something about this earlier, basically the same comments. No way they will be back at Spring Training in February. Hoping for a 130 game season with some sort of fan attendance, like season ticketholder only or fewer,  in the beginning to hopefully something more normal by the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, yesterday333 said:

Football is playing, basketball has started again, but baseball supposedly can’t figure it out by spring training... man it feels like the owners almost trying to chase the fans away. Anything for them to save a few pennies I guess. Why does it have to be like this when we finally might be good?

Yeah and they’re spreading it around in the process. Look at all the cancelled games. Something like 20% of ncaa games. Contain measures in football and basketball have been a farce

So with questions like this, people wonder why high dollar free agents aren’t being signed. As I’ve said,reassess team needs near trade deadline seems likely. Also free agents probably want signing bonus which wouldn’t be affected by salary proration like this year. 

Dr. Fauci has said that most people should be vaccinated by Spring.  I'm hoping that's true, because that would allow us to get back to attending games by late spring (May or so).  If the league wants to shoot for starting the season around the time fans can attend (even in limited numbers to start), they could aim for spring training to start in late March/early April.  That seems logical and feasible.

I think they could start the season on time, but starting spring training in February would be an issue.  They could do it...basketball is starting up, and football is continuing, both without the benefit of a vaccine.

All that being said, I want whatever gets fans back in the stadiums as soon as possible.  If it has to be delayed and shortened to 120 games or so, fine.  

9 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Not sure why you're so angry at me about this.  I provided an article with possible solutions being explored to questions and issues being discussed in this thread. 

• Love 1

There will almost certainly be some way to identify whether or not a person has been vaccinated.  If we're ever going to get back to games, go to concerts, or attend any large group gathering, there will need to be a way to ensure safety.  TicketMaster is already talking about requiring vaccination or a negative test result.

6 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Not sure why you're so angry at me about this.  I provided an article with possible solutions being explored to questions and issues being discussed in this thread. 

I responded to a post you made.  Then you decided to be a dick with your lecture comment.  

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

There will almost certainly be some way to identify whether or not a person has been vaccinated.  If we're ever going to get back to games, go to concerts, or attend any large group gathering, there will need to be a way to ensure safety.  TicketMaster is already talking about requiring vaccination or a negative test result.

I've read this a couple times in this thread so I just went to look up if this was true and found this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/17/fact-check-ticketmaster-not-requiring-vaccine-entry/6305223002/

It doesn't seem like this is true.

"We know there’s been some incorrect information being reported around safety/entry requirements and want to ensure everyone has all the facts," the tweet reads. "To clarify, there is absolutely no requirement from Ticketmaster mandating vaccines/testing.

In a full statement on Ticketmaster's site, the company writes that it is "trying to prepare for potential possibilities in the future," adding that if this is something venues ask fans to do in the future, it wants to be prepared. "

Sounds like they are just being prepared for venues maybe forcing them to have this process but they do not plan on doing it themselves. And I don't see how a vaccine helps any of this if it doesn't prevent the spread of the virus. Honestly, if people chose not to get it - when made available - their health should be on them; as someone who wants to wait and see until other countries start giving it out, I would be one of those people at the beginning. If this virus just prevents you from getting symptoms and getting sick, then it really is a personal choice because it won't actually accelerate any spreading.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've read this a couple times in this thread so I just went to look up if this was true and found this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/17/fact-check-ticketmaster-not-requiring-vaccine-entry/6305223002/

It doesn't seem like this is true.

"We know there’s been some incorrect information being reported around safety/entry requirements and want to ensure everyone has all the facts," the tweet reads. "To clarify, there is absolutely no requirement from Ticketmaster mandating vaccines/testing.

In a full statement on Ticketmaster's site, the company writes that it is "trying to prepare for potential possibilities in the future," adding that if this is something venues ask fans to do in the future, it wants to be prepared. "

Sounds like they are just being prepared for venues maybe forcing them to have this process but they do not plan on doing it themselves. And I don't see how a vaccine helps any of this if it doesn't prevent the spread of the virus. Honestly, if people chose not to get it - when made available - their health should be on them; as someone who wants to wait and see until other countries start giving it out, I would be one of those people at the beginning. 

They won’t do it themselves but you better believe every venue will do so.   First of all, most states will require them to do.    Secondly, no team will want to accept the liability of allowing people to get infected when it could be prevented.   Proof of vaccination will likely be required through 2022 or 2023 before this changes.

19 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Dr. Fauci has said that most people should be vaccinated by Spring.  I'm hoping that's true, because that would allow us to get back to attending games by late spring (May or so).  If the league wants to shoot for starting the season around the time fans can attend (even in limited numbers to start), they could aim for spring training to start in late March/early April.  That seems logical and feasible.

I think they could start the season on time, but starting spring training in February would be an issue.  They could do it...basketball is starting up, and football is continuing, both without the benefit of a vaccine.

All that being said, I want whatever gets fans back in the stadiums as soon as possible.  If it has to be delayed and shortened to 120 games or so, fine.  

Yes, but it still will take time. You get 2 shots, one 28 days after the other, and your full effect isn't realized until 7-10 days after the second shot from what I heard. 

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

They won’t do it themselves but you better believe every venue will do so.   First of all, most states will require them to do.    Secondly, no team will want to accept the liability of allowing people to get infected when it could be prevented.   Proof of vaccination will likely be required through 2022 or 2023 before this changes.

How can it be prevented by a vaccine that has no data - yet - showing that it prevents you from being contagious? I honestly feel like people aren't getting this part.

This is a new kind of vaccine that has never been developed before around RNA; as of now, there is no evidence that it prevents the spread of the virus. How would getting the vaccine help prevent the spread when there's no proof it actually prevents the spread?