Owners would like to delay season until vaccine

southsider2k5

6 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

anyone changing their way of life due to Covid, or expecting others to, is a coward

Attitudes like this is one of the main reasons there are over 300K people dead from this virus.  If everyone was in fact brave and selfless enough to follow the guidelines, social distance, and wear a damn mask, we wouldn't be in this situation.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I would say those not willing to change are cowards. It’s a freaking pandemic. Over 300k lost. More people are dying from Covid everyday than anything else. 

The SoCal ICU's are near capacity. Sounds fairly serious. There was an allegation that certain US officials have been promoting herd immunity. There are many alternative facts out there. 

10 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

I've had it.  I've had much worse flu cases than Covid.  It was incredibly mild.  Hell, I was out playing golf while I had it.  

People that live in common sense states (Florida/Texas) realize how overblown this is.  99% survival rate, and much higher for people under 60 without other underlying conditions.  We have a case of fear mongering by dipshit liberal states (like Illinois) where they are categorizing every freaking death as Covid related while ignoring every other condition the elderly person has.  

Then you got the mask sheep.  Those masks are really working well out in California.  LMAO!!!

99% survival rates means about 3.5 million dead Americans.  1 in 100 people dead.  Which family and friends are you OK with losing?  That also doesn't even close to take into account the destruction of lives through long term hospitalizations and the costs associated with that, nor the long term health issues that people will get from this virus.  Then your imaginary conspiracy garbage on top of it?  It is unreal how people can eat up garbage propaganda with a smile and watch that many Americans die happily.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

99% survival rates means about 3.5 million dead Americans.  1 in 100 people dead.  Which family and friends are you OK with losing?  That also doesn't even close to take into account the destruction of lives through long term hospitalizations and the costs associated with that, nor the long term health issues that people will get from this virus.  Then your imaginary conspiracy garbage on top of it?  It is unreal how people can eat up garbage propaganda with a smile and watch that many Americans die happily.

Yeah, I'd ask everyone with this attitude to pick 1 of their family members to die. That would sure be something. 

Whether it helps or you (incorrectly) think it doesn't, the fact people are so angry about wearing a fucking mask is so telling of how selfish and ignorant people are. 

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Yeah, I'd ask everyone with this attitude to pick 1 of their family members to die. That would sure be something. 

Whether it helps or you (incorrectly) think it doesn't, the fact people are so angry about wearing a fucking mask is so telling of how selfish and ignorant people are. 

It amazes me that in three generations our leadership has gone from "Ask not what your country can do for you" to "1% of dead Americans is cool by me as long as I don't have to do anything for someone else"

• Love 2

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It amazes me that in three generations our leadership has gone from "Ask not what your country can do for you" to "1% of dead Americans is cool by me as long as I don't have to do anything for someone else"

Our leaders can't even get stimulus checks to the public and are catching Covid themselves. It trickles down to the public. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nah, that first quote was just that "hippie liberal crap."

Amazing people even still use this terminology in 2020. Mind blowing. 

Edited by RagahRagah

The NBA, and now the NHL with a substantial Canadian presence and Count Van Count running the show have both reached agreement, the latter with far less money money to split.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-announces-56-game-2021-season-will-start-jan-13-and-realignment-with-canadian-division/

It must be nice to be a fan of a sport where owners hold at least a modicum of honesty and integrity, and perform as professionals / adults to serve the interests of all.

I expect MLB to continue as they always have, with a substantial to a majority of regular games axed once again, perhaps another playoff expansion farce, because they can, they are petty, and they want the players to have as little money as possible so they can bankrupt them, even if it destroys a couple more World Series after this year.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The NBA, and now the NHL with a substantial Canadian presence and Count Van Count running the show have both reached agreement, the latter with far less money money to split.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-announces-56-game-2021-season-will-start-jan-13-and-realignment-with-canadian-division/

It must be nice to be a fan of a sport where owners hold at least a modicum of honesty and integrity, and perform as professionals / adults to serve the interests of all.

I expect MLB to continue as they always have, with a substantial to a majority of regular games axed once again, perhaps another playoff expansion farce, because they can, they are petty, and they want the players to have as little money as possible so they can bankrupt them, even if it destroys a couple more World Series after this year.

It's not clear from this article, so asking - how are they dealing with the Canadian border issue? Is that Canadian division just spending the whole season up there, with no border crossing teams?

37 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's not clear from this article, so asking - how are they dealing with the Canadian border issue? Is that Canadian division just spending the whole season up there, with no border crossing teams?

Correct. Every team plays only within their own division. The US based teams play each divisional opponent 8 times, and the Canadian teams play each opponent at least 9 times, with what I'd assume to be 2 specific rival teams 10 times.....however 2 and 7 are prime numbers so idk how the Canadian schedule will work, as if you have CGY/EDM/VAN play each other 10 times, and OTT/MTL/TOR play each other 10 times, that works....but what do you do with WPG? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes, the entire regular season will be conducted within the divisions (for all four). The agreement also calls on the possibility of hosting pods similar to their 2020 playoffs, either during the regular season and or playoffs.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/news-nhl-nhlpa-announce-plans-for-2020-21-regular-season-and-playoffs/c-319845006

Donald Fuhr is a tough negotiator, yet they still got this done with minimal financial damage, and maximum scheduling flexibility.