Jose De Leon is Destroying Puerto Rican Winter League

bmags

I don't want any lip about this, there's nothing to talk about right now.

I mentioned a flyer on De Leon a while back. You may remember him, the Twins wanted more than him for that one second baseman I forget, and so the dodgers instead just traded him for that other second baseman I forget who was terrible. This was years back. Rays trade.

Anyway he basically has been injured for four years. He got back to the Reds last year and pitched for a handful of innings, walking everyone. But there were some encouraging signs there in ye olde baseball savant website, as Cooper goes on to point out:

Is he the solution to all lifes problems? no. But if I saw a "sox sign Jose De Leon to 1.5 Mill contract if he makes it out of ST will I be strangely pumped? 

You betcha, soxtalk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I'm not going to stand for this Logan Forsythe slander

ah, that's right. I drafted him in Fantasy that year.

Dodgers - very good at scouting. But kinda bad at 2b scouting on other orgs.

TP I feel like if we were co-gms we'd end up with an offseason of Springer, Yates, McGee, Kikuchi and Jose De Leon, a very confused fan base.

That'd be a fun team though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomPickle said:

I'm not going to stand for this Logan Forsythe slander

Haha, I went to high school with Logan.  I had high hopes after those 2015-2016 seasons, and even though he hasn't been good recently, it was still cool to see him have some success in the big leagues, though he clearly didn't help bmags' fantasy team.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dasox24 said:

Haha, I went to high school with Logan.  I had high hopes after those 2015-2016 seasons, and even though he hasn't been good recently, it was still cool to see him have some success in the big leagues, though he clearly didn't help bmags' fantasy team.

Welcome to Soxtalk!

On 12/16/2020 at 7:00 PM, ptatc said:

Didn't the Sox trade Bobby Bonilla to get him? 😁

Yes Hawk did, it was after he claimed Bonilla in the rule 5, from the Pirates. And DeLeon turned into the One Dog, so it wasn’t that terrible especially considering if he was still around maybe Frank Thomas or Robin Ventura aren’t drafted.

Edited by Dick Allen