FanGraphs White Sox top prospect list

TomPickle

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah I really hope Eric is wrong. It's a really fucking terrible idea. 

I Hope not. However what is if there is no minor league season again or a very shortened one? 

Do you keep him at the site throwing sim games or do you put him into the pen in the majors? And do you put him back in the minors after two years of consecutive mlb exposure?

The situation is really not easy, I hope there will be an milb season where he can work on his starting because if he has to pitch in the majors and is an ace 2WAR closer (essentially a 50 rv but probably more 55 due to leverage) they might just keep him there and give him the closer job.

11 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I Hope not. However what is if there is no minor league season again or a very shortened one? 

Do you keep him at the site throwing sim games or do you put him into the pen in the majors? And do you put him back in the minors after two years of consecutive mlb exposure?

The situation is really not easy, I hope there will be an milb season where he can work on his starting because if he has to pitch in the majors and is an ace 2WAR closer (essentially a 50 rv but probably more 55 due to leverage) they might just keep him there and give him the closer job.

Obviously if there is no MiLB season, you have to adjust, and it makes it reasonable to roll with Crochet on the major league roster.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Obviously if there is no MiLB season, you have to adjust, and it makes it reasonable to roll with Crochet on the major league roster.

Yeah, the question then is if he is done as a starter then or you take the time to send him back.

Still young enough even after 2021 but I wonder if the sox would really do it.

I suppose it could be mentioned that Arraez was dfa'd.

Anyway, his list looks more like my list, but I found the BA list much more interesting. But...this is tough. I think our system is very interesting because with msot of these guys graduated or near it, the best of the rest we just know very little about. So there is a lot to dream on based on favorable instructs, but I really want to see these guys.

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

His grades, future grades and writeups don't add up.  It's very confusing to read.  It's like he's trying to cover as many feasible outcomes as possible so he won't be "wrong."  Oh well whatever.  He's crazy high on Burdi.  He must have seen him good somewhere in college.  

How is a 40+ grade "crazy high"?

40 basically means a 1 win player/low leverage reliever

Also Which grades don't add up?

Edited by Dominikk85