Day 12 of no new Sox News

Texsox

I wonder what the mood is at the office. Pressure to do something? Patience? Thinking and rethinking? Come in scan the newspapers to see if Tony's ok,  check for an email from Liam's agent, figure out what's happening for lunch. Discuss if JR liked his Hanukkah gift,  thinking about what to get Kenny for Christmas. Take bets on the new name for Cleveland's baseball team. b**** about the cold and when it's going to snow. Scan Soxtalk for advice.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

There's been no hot stove news period for over a week. Its not just the Sox

This is correct. Methinks teams and players are having a real tough time gauging all the news... we dont know a lot about the upcoming season

honestly pathetic that we dont have the rules in place (dh) or a start date... 

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You talking about the lump of coal in TLR getting cleared?

Can you please stop polluting every thread with constant TLR whining?  As an admin / mod, you of all people should be held to a higher standard and it’s starting to get ridiculous.  Most of us are in agreement the hiring sucks, but at the very minimum let’s keep attacks against La Russa in relevant threads so the actual baseball discussion doesn’t have to suffer.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Can you please stop polluting every thread with constant TLR whining?  As an admin / mod, you of all people should be held to a higher standard and it’s starting to get ridiculous.  Most of us are in agreement the hiring sucks, but at the very minimum let’s keep attacks against La Russa in relevant threads so the actual baseball discussion doesn’t have to suffer.

Uh, no. It is relevant baseball talk. You aren't going to censor it just because you don't like it. If we haven’t censored any of the other stuff over the years, this won't be the first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Uh, no. It is relevant baseball talk. You aren't going to censor it just because you don't like it. If we haven’t censored any of the other stuff over the years, this won't be the first.

Don’t like what?  Genuine baseball discussion on a baseball message board?  Attack TLR when it’s relevant, but there was literally zero reason to bring him up in this thread.  You’re turning this site into your personal b****fest blog and that sucks for the rest of us trying to have actual back and forth baseball-related conversation.  If the average poster was acting like you were, they’d probably be warned by now, but apparently you feel you should play by a different set of rules.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

On 12/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, Chisoxfn said:

I don't even know Eaton's politics?  I just know Drake LaRoche situation with Eaton and some of that stuff. I know that before the Drake LaRoche fiasco Eaton was pretty well liked by Sox fans although there was some commentary around his time in Arizona and maybe he had too much of an ego or something for being such a young player. Either way - that was a long time ago and he's been a professional with the Nats ever since and people mature.  

And yes - I actually am human enough that I don't think someone is a (good or bad) person because of who they voted for. I may not agree with that person - but it DOES NOT make someone a good or bad person because you voted for Biden and/or Trump.  I'm going to end with that but enough is enough on the TLR stuff and the Eaton stuff. Its absurd. I've made it clear - people have an issue with TLR - put it in the thread from when he's hired - don't dump it into every thread out there.  

• Fire 5

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Don’t like what?  Genuine baseball discussion on a baseball message board?  Attack TLR when it’s relevant, but there was literally zero reason to bring him up in this thread.  You’re turning this site into your personal b****fest blog and that sucks for the rest of us trying to have actual back and forth baseball-related conversation.  If the average poster was acting like you were, they’d probably be warned by now, but apparently you feel you should play by a different set of rules.

People have b****ed about stuff on this page for decades.  They have b****ed about the same things over and over again in multiple threads. Whether that is Jerry being cheap or who needs to be fired, cut, or traded, those things have always happened.  The idea that someone should now be off limits for no good reason isn't going to happen.  

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

People have b****ed about stuff on this page for decades.  They have b****ed about the same things over and over again in multiple threads. Whether that is Jerry being cheap or who needs to be fired, cut, or traded, those things have always happened.  The idea that someone should now be off limits for no good reason isn't going to happen.  

Since it appears to be bothering some people, would you be willing to make an effort to cut back on it a little?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Chisoxfn has said the exact same thing that CWS said there, multiple times. He doesn't want the TLR talk polluting every damn thread.

You would definitely be enforcing that if you weren't so strongly against TLR. The trashing of TLR just aligns with your moral compass, so you'll let it slide. 

Tony LaRussa's sentencing, prison term, and hopefully mugshot and arrest and jail cell videos are likely the lone news coming out regarding the White Sox next week.  Well that and continued silence or some brief statement by the team regarding their recidivist criminal manager on Christmas Day when everyone else is preoccupied.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dude your constant  Larussa hate alone kept me from signing up for weeks.  Its annoying as hell.  Makes me not want to come here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Briro2021 said:

Mariners signed 3 pitchers in last few days 

Extremely minor moves that doesn’t disprove the point that the market has been really slow moving in general 

not sure why you even bring that up 

Edited by iWiN4PreP

• Texsox locked this topic