Day 12 of no new Sox News

Texsox

I look at all sports as entertainment. I have been a White Sox fan since I was a kid. I like to look for info on my team. When politics came into the NFL I stopped watching. Last NBA season when politics became bigger than the game I stopped watching. I just watch college Basketball now. Look the only thing that Obama and I have in common is the White Sox. That’s Cool! So keep your politics and complaining to yourself. Look for a more positive way to support your team. Be Happy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I never said the conversation should go away, just saying not every single thread should turn into a La Russa b****fest which is a direct request from the site owner.  And the difference between all your examples and this particular case is it’s never been a mod / admin who has been guilty of such behavior.  Who is policing you when you blatantly skirt the rules?

Look, you can do whatever you want, but I greatly enjoy conversing on this board and I’m going to call out posters if they are bringing it down.  And I don’t care if they are an admin or someone who has just recently signed up, no single person is bigger than the board and you ignoring feedback about your recent posting suggests that you feel otherwise.

Bmr didn't just sign up man.  That is already covered.

The crazy thing is that I really feel like this goes back to how upset you were that payroll could be cut if this protest was too successful instead of JR taking the right actions here, and I think you are still afraid of that, which is why you want to shut THIS conversation down so badly, after participating in the same actions with so many others of the same types of conversations over the years and not having ANY problems at all with doing exactly what you are so mad about now.  

And finally trust me, while this bothers you so much, we as a staff have had many of these types of conversations over who was posting what over the years, and if it should be different as staff.  Just because the business wasn't made public, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I know you really want this to go away and are going to grasp at whatever straw you can find to try to do it, and that is fine.  And the more personal you try to make it, the longer it will drag out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DanofDuPage said:

I look at all sports as entertainment. I have been a White Sox fan since I was a kid. I like to look for info on my team. When politics came into the NFL I stopped watching. Last NBA season when politics became bigger than the game I stopped watching. I just watch college Basketball now. Look the only thing that Obama and I have in common is the White Sox. That’s Cool! So keep your politics and complaining to yourself. Look for a more positive way to support your team. Be Happy.

This is a special take right here.  Politics and sports have never been separated.  I think what you want is YOUR politics only in sports, and not the politics you don't like.  Also drunken driving isn't politics.  It is life and death.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanofDuPage said:

So I want your politics in sports? That why I stopped watching. Take care of yourself. Control what you can. You don’t have to be the expert on everything. Be Happy.

I am saying sports aren't a safe space. Think of Jackie Robinson and Ali. These are real people facing real adversity.  Their opinions are just as valid as anyone else's on these topics. It has always struck me as odd that we tell athletes to sticks to their day jobs, but why didn't anyone say that to Trump for example? Neither are experts in political science,  but one is ok, but the other isn't.  Why is that?

• Like 1

Ali and Robinson make a great story. Both grew with the times. Both followed their own path. That’s called the American Dream. Nobody said it was going to be easy. As for Trump... anybody can run for president even you. About 80 million voters told him to go back to his day job. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bmr didn't just sign up man.  That is already covered.

The crazy thing is that I really feel like this goes back to how upset you were that payroll could be cut if this protest was too successful instead of JR taking the right actions here, and I think you are still afraid of that, which is why you want to shut THIS conversation down so badly, after participating in the same actions with so many others of the same types of conversations over the years and not having ANY problems at all with doing exactly what you are so mad about now.  

And finally trust me, while this bothers you so much, we as a staff have had many of these types of conversations over who was posting what over the years, and if it should be different as staff.  Just because the business wasn't made public, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I know you really want this to go away and are going to grasp at whatever straw you can find to try to do it, and that is fine.  And the more personal you try to make it, the longer it will drag out.

This is one of the most egotistical & delusional posts I have read in some time.  I can only laugh that someone wrote these words and actually believes them.  I hate to be the one to tell you this, but not everything is about you.  I don’t want the La Russa commentary to go away, I just don’t want it in every single thread.  Tony should continue to be held accountable for his shitty actions, but the board should also be free an admin getting to derail every thread with his non stop La Russa jabs.  I know for a fact I’m not alone in feeling that way and all I’m asking is for us you to keep your TLR commentary in related threads.  I don’t know why that’s such a hard ask, especially when the site owner specifically asked for as much.

And lol at me being upset at your “protest”.  Me saying that you were being single-minded in your efforts, putting your own moral compass above all other considerations, doesn’t mean I was angry about it.  I even acknowledged your heart was in the right place, I simply didn’t agree with your approach which could of had consequences for innocent parties.  Not everything is black & white and that was my argument.  All that being said, not sure why I’m rehashing this since you actually believe your “protest” was somehow about saving lives...as if La Russa would magically stop driving drunk if not managing the Sox.  You are clearly a smart guy, but you’ve completely lost your mind with this La Russa stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is one of the most egotistical & delusional posts I have read in some time.  I can only laugh that someone wrote these words and actually believes them.  I hate to be the one to tell you this, but not everything is about you.  I don’t want the La Russa commentary to go away, I just don’t want it in every single thread.  Tony should continue to be held accountable for his shitty actions, but the board should also be free an admin getting to derail every thread with his non stop La Russa jabs.  I know for a fact I’m not alone in feeling that way and all I’m asking is for us you to keep your TLR commentary in related threads.  I don’t know why that’s such a hard ask, especially when the site owner specifically asked for as much.

And lol at me being upset at your “protest”.  Me saying that you were being single-minded in your efforts, putting your own moral compass above all other considerations, doesn’t mean I was angry about it.  I even acknowledged your heart was in the right place, I simply didn’t agree with your approach which could of had consequences for innocent parties.  Not everything is black & white and that was my argument.  All that being said, not sure why I’m rehashing this since you actually believe your “protest” was somehow about saving lives...as if La Russa would magically stop driving drunk if not managing the Sox.  You are clearly a smart guy, but you’ve completely lost your mind with this La Russa stuff.

One could argue if he was fired it would actually increase his chances of driving drunk again in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And to get this thread back on track, just not optimistic we’ll see much movement between now and year-end.  Maybe I’m wrong, but seems like the Sox basically shut things down over the last two weeks of the year.

They shut down for a couple weeks after last years winter meeting and then had three signings in the last two weeks last year if it gives you any hope lol

Gio Gonzalez 12/19

Keuchel 12/21

Encarnacion 12/25

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanofDuPage said:

The thing most confusing in this back and forth today is how enabling and rewarding driving drunk, or opposition to drunk driving is somehow political. 

Tony’s arrest and likely conviction and sentencing in two days is newsworthy, likely the last bit of official White Sox news this year. It’s much more newsworthy than the thousands of posts cluttering every thread dissecting various pathetic fake fast food Twitter accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

They shut down for a couple weeks after last years winter meeting and then had three signings in the last two weeks last year if it gives you any hope lol

Gio Gonzalez 12/19

Keuchel 12/21

Encarnacion 12/25

Wow, looks like I was totally wrong.  Glad to see there is reason for hope.  Would love one more move before year end.

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Gio Gonzalez 12/19

Keuchel 12/21

Encarnacion 12/25

In 2 out of 3 cases we would have been better off being shut down.  Once again proving that some of the best deals are the ones you don't make.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am saying sports aren't a safe space. Think of Jackie Robinson and Ali. These are real people facing real adversity.  Their opinions are just as valid as anyone else's on these topics. It has always struck me as odd that we tell athletes to sticks to their day jobs, but why didn't anyone say that to Trump for example? Neither are experts in political science,  but one is ok, but the other isn't.  Why is that?

Nobody cares about your racist agenda.  You want to bring up my bannings?  last time i was banned it was LITERALLY because i said if i can not speak my mind, just ban me.  And i was banned.  Interesting.  Hypocrisy at the greatest level.  "All inclusive" though right?

Edited by Briro2021
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I never said the conversation should go away, just saying not every single thread should turn into a La Russa b****fest which is a direct request from the site owner.  And the difference between all your examples and this particular case is it’s never been a mod / admin who has been guilty of such behavior.  Who is policing you when you blatantly skirt the rules?

Look, you can do whatever you want, but I greatly enjoy conversing on this board and I’m going to call out posters if they are bringing it down.  And I don’t care if they are an admin or someone who has just recently signed up, no single person is bigger than the board and you ignoring feedback about your recent posting suggests that you feel otherwise.

Totally agree bro

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

In 2 out of 3 cases we would have been better off being shut down.  Once again proving that some of the best deals are the ones you don't make.

Its easy to say that now but at the time of signing, not one of these were bad in my opinion.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Briro2021 said:

Literally the dumbest thing i have ever read.  Congrats.

He was arrested the day before he was hired.  Your post said if everyone who drove drunk was fired. Not even the case here.  The team knowingly hired someone who had been arrested the day before. 

Bailing someone out of jail to hire them isn't something that should be encouraged to stop drunk driving. 

You really should read your own posts. Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

He was arrested the day before he was hired.  Your post said if everyone who drove drunk was fired. Not even the case here.  The team knowingly hired someone who had been arrested the day before. 

Bailing someone out of jail to hire them isn't something that should be encouraged to stop drunk driving. 

You really should read your own posts. Lol

He was charged the day before the hire, right? It’s not like he drove drunk back in February and then they came knocking on his door in November and said, “We finally cracked the case! It was YOU, Tony! Hands behind your back. You’re going to the slammer!”

30 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

He was charged the day before the hire, right? It’s not like he drove drunk back in February and then they came knocking on his door in November and said, “We finally cracked the case! It was YOU, Tony! Hands behind your back. You’re going to the slammer!”

Correct.  So even more damming. After concluding the investigation they went ahead with the charges.

And to the broader point, obviously to me at least  firing him is different than hiring him.  Supporting a current employee with a problem is different than hiring the problem. Hiring shows a much higher level of acceptance to the problem. 

Society has many ways to protect itself and enforce behavior. The laws and courts are just one.  

15 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yet here you are making it personal, and following me around to respond to me in every discussion.  Even to the point of throwing underlying threats into posts about what needs to be done if I don't obey you, even with the extreme hypocrisy you are showing here with your own history.  And why?  But no, keep threatening me.

14 hours ago, Briro2021 said:

Nobody cares about your racist agenda.  You want to bring up my bannings?  last time i was banned it was LITERALLY because i said if i can not speak my mind, just ban me.  And i was banned.  Interesting.  Hypocrisy at the greatest level.  "All inclusive" though right?

Lol That wasn't the only reason you were banned.  Fortunately there's other White Sox message boards for you to post on.  

And after this banning we'll find another slow time on the board when we're bored and repeat the process. Having old friends return is good for the soul. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is a special take right here.  Politics and sports have never been separated.  I think what you want is YOUR politics only in sports, and not the politics you don't like.  Also drunken driving isn't politics.  It is life and death.

If you are an NFL fan and can't even pay lip service to what gravely concerns 70% of the players then maybe find a new hobby. The least the league could do is skip the ceremony. 

20 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

You don't care about the DUI.

You dislike Tony because he had a different anthem opinion than you 4 years ago and because you think he's too old for the job. 

Did you also email all of Michael Phelps' sponsors when he got a DUI? 

Anyway, I'll end my contribution to derailing this thread and stop posting about Tony. Feel free to get the last word in, hero.

Ah, one of my favorite Internet personality types. Deciding what people are or aren’t sincere about for them and presenting it as fact. Can’t possibly let a opportunity to be cynical slip by. How ever would we know just how intelligent you are?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Texsox locked this topic