Day 12 of no new Sox News

Texsox

5 minutes ago, Briro2021 said:

Dude your constant  Larussa hate alone kept me from signing up for weeks.  Its annoying as hell.  Makes me not want to come here.

I'm calling shenanigans on this. SS2K5 is not the only culprit of this, and I don't think he derails threads hard with it (like some others do). 

If his posting managed to keep you from registering, then I apologize to SS2K5. Keep up the good work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm calling shenanigans on this. SS2K5 is not the only culprit of this, and I don't think he derails threads hard with it (like some others do). 

If his posting managed to keep you from registering, then I apologize to SS2K5. Keep up the good work. 

LOL that isnt raising your IQ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And to get this thread back on track, just not optimistic we’ll see much movement between now and year-end.  Maybe I’m wrong, but seems like the Sox basically shut things down over the last two weeks of the year.

I think we have reached the point where everything is stalled until February and we won’t see any major moves by anyone until then. You might see a Quintana who gets an offer and says “I won’t be able to do anything better”, but if Hendricks hasn’t found an offer he likes, neither side will have motivation to get something done any time soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Briro2021 said:

Dude your constant  Larussa hate alone kept me from signing up for weeks.  Its annoying as hell.  Makes me not want to come here.

Dude you were banned from here two decades ago and have tried a million times to sneak back in and were done a favor to be let back on here.  Please.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dude you were banned from here two decades ago and have tried a million times to sneak back in and were done a favor to be let back on here.  Please.

Thats true lol.  And no i havent tried a million times.  Every time i tried i was let in banned again lol.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

People have b****ed about stuff on this page for decades.  They have b****ed about the same things over and over again in multiple threads. Whether that is Jerry being cheap or who needs to be fired, cut, or traded, those things have always happened.  The idea that someone should now be off limits for no good reason isn't going to happen.  

I'm curious how your heroic campaign to email the Sox sponsors about TLR went? LOL

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Trust me, all of the registrations are in the history.

As far as i remember i have never been denied.  Maybe i tried a few times when i was drunk lol.  Either way that doesnt change that your Larussa hate is annoying.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

So it went nowhere. You're still a hero in my book. Brave. 

And of course it didn't go well.  Jerry was never going to change his mind, but are I hope you are smart enough to know that was never the point.  I also hope that you have the spine to stand up for what you believe in in your own life, even when cowards and stans tell you otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Briro2021 said:

As far as i remember i have never been denied.  Maybe i tried a few times when i was drunk lol.  Either way that doesnt change that your Larussa hate is annoying.

So it banning someone who doesn't understand how to interact in this community, so I am not quite sure you are the one to be trying teach a lesson on not doing things that are annoying.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

So it banning someone who doesn't understand how to interact in this community, so I am not quite sure you are the one to be trying teach a lesson on not doing things that are annoying.

LOL!   Good point.  Still.....

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And of course it didn't go well.  Jerry was never going to change his mind, but are I hope you are smart enough to know that was never the point.  I also hope that you have the spine to stand up for what you believe in in your own life, even when cowards and stans tell you otherwise.

No, I'm much too spineless to email sponsors about an employee of a baseball team who broke the law. I could never be that brave. I wish though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Who knew being against drunk driving was "brave".

You don't care about the DUI.

You dislike Tony because he had a different anthem opinion than you 4 years ago and because you think he's too old for the job. 

Did you also email all of Michael Phelps' sponsors when he got a DUI? 

Anyway, I'll end my contribution to derailing this thread and stop posting about Tony. Feel free to get the last word in, hero.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, KrankinSox said:

You don't care about the DUI.

You dislike Tony because he had a different anthem opinion than you 4 years ago and because you think he's too old for the job. 

Did you also email all of Michael Phelps' sponsors when he got a DUI? 

Anyway, I'll end my contribution to derailing this thread and stop posting about Tony. Feel free to get the last word in, hero.

You have zero idea what you are talking about.  I have explained myself on this topic plenty and why it matters to me.  The attempt to shoe horn in a whatabout into the end of it doesn't actually add anything to an argument.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Briro2021 said:

I am against it too but if everyone who drove while under the influence were fired from their jobs society would completely break down.  Get over it.

You're timeline is off. 

More accurately if everyone who drove drunk was offered a promotion the day after they were arrested there would be more fatalities. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You're timeline is off. 

More accurately if everyone who drove drunk was offered a promotion the day after they were arrested there would be more fatalities. 

Exactly. What, you were arrested for drunk driving again? Please be our manager, we will give you several million a year the next 3 years guaranteed. Just don’t answer any questions, don’t talk to the press, we will put it on our PR team to make this story go away. We are sure your lawyer get get the charges reduced, after all it’s been a decade since you fell asleep while driving drunk. They can’t hold that against you.

I have a feeling that most people if they let a potential employer know about a dui arrest, their second, would be eliminated from consideration. Considering the White Sox situation, you would think there were were other candidates worthy of the job.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why don’t you ask the owner of the site or is he also below you?

Look, I have no idea why THIS is the topic you have decided can't be talked about except in your own preapproved settings.  We spent YEARS on Fire Ozzie, and years on Fire Robin, and YEARS on Fire Ricky, and YEARS on fire Kenny, not to mention Manny Machado (and the history we ALL know about there) being drug up in every single thread for a year, or Tatis Jr being brought up to this DAY.  Jerry being a cheap owner has been brought up in thread after thread for literally the entire history of Soxtalk for 20 YEARS now.  We have never DEMANDED that people stop talking about them.  Sure there have been plenty of back and forths about what good it did, and what it meant to a thread, but ultimately, those things were discussed ad nasuem.  Tony has been the manager of the team for a bit over a month.  I don't know what it bothers you, but I hope you also realize by turning this into a multi-poster, 25 post back and forth about what is allowed to be be discussed about Tony you have made it WAY worse than just a passing comment.  Ultimately it isn't going to go away, just like all of the rest of those topics that got drug back out at every single opportunity, and this has only just started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You're timeline is off. 

Literally the dumbest thing i have ever read.  Congrats.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look, I have no idea why THIS is the topic you have decided can't be talked about except in your own preapproved settings.  We spent YEARS on Fire Ozzie, and years on Fire Robin, and YEARS on Fire Ricky, and YEARS on fire Kenny, not to mention Manny Machado (and the history we ALL know about there) being drug up in every single thread for a year, or Tatis Jr being brought up to this DAY.  Jerry being a cheap owner has been brought up in thread after thread for literally the entire history of Soxtalk for 20 YEARS now.  We have never DEMANDED that people stop talking about them.  Sure there have been plenty of back and forths about what good it did, and what it meant to a thread, but ultimately, those things were discussed ad nasuem.  Tony has been the manager of the team for a bit over a month.  I don't know what it bothers you, but I hope you also realize by turning this into a multi-poster, 25 post back and forth about what is allowed to be be discussed about Tony you have made it WAY worse than just a passing comment.  Ultimately it isn't going to go away, just like all of the rest of those topics that got drug back out at every single opportunity, and this has only just started.

I never said the conversation should go away, just saying not every single thread should turn into a La Russa b****fest which is a direct request from the site owner.  And the difference between all your examples and this particular case is it’s never been a mod / admin who has been guilty of such behavior.  Who is policing you when you blatantly skirt the rules?

Look, you can do whatever you want, but I greatly enjoy conversing on this board and I’m going to call out posters if they are bringing it down.  And I don’t care if they are an admin or someone who has just recently signed up, no single person is bigger than the board and you ignoring feedback about your recent posting suggests that you feel otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

• Texsox locked this topic