New members....

Briro2021

1 hour ago, Briro2021 said:

Should not be given labels like "draft pick" and "rookie".  This seriously causes people to post less.  What happened to "equality"?  Do you seriously think people are less intelligent because they are new?

Welcome to Soxtalk!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Like... I get that it’s an outdated forum ranking based on posts... but honestly nobody gives a fuck or even pays attention to it. I’ve been here since 2006 registered in 07 and typically more lurking than posting.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen it brought up. I remember when I was a rookie. I posted more over time and it went up. I eventually unlocked a higher rank but I honestly without looking couldn’t tell you what mine is currently.

This is my favorite place to read other Sox fans opinions and I’m also active on Twitter and Reddit. This is Sox Home, everyone’s always been extremely welcoming.

Edited by claydude14
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Briro2021 said:

Should not be given labels like "draft pick" and "rookie".  This seriously causes people to post less.  What happened to "equality"?  Do you seriously think people are less intelligent because they are new?

I think Draft Pick is a bit too much after reading this post. It is more undrafted free agent quality.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, Briro2021 said:

After you've run the basepaths (on hot coals) you will be eligible for upgrade (ground crew trainee). 

54 minutes ago, wegner said:

Crap!!  I thought I was named a starter due to my witty and insightful posts...now I find out it is based solely on my # of posts?!?!  Next they'll tell me I really don't have a hall of fame reputation :cool: 

I read this board for a few months before joining and it was pretty clear that those ranks were based on quantity and not quality.