Badler: Sox expected to sign Yoelki Cespedes

soxfan49

On 12/23/2020 at 11:39 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

FWIW, he has Gavin Sheets as a 40 and Cespedes as a 35+ meaning that Cespedes would slot somewhere between him and number 32 Jake Burger in the Sox System. That just seems ridiculous to me 

9 hours ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

FWIW, he has Gavin Sheets as a 40 and Cespedes as a 35+ meaning that Cespedes would slot somewhere between him and number 32 Jake Burger in the Sox System. That just seems ridiculous to me 

Honestly, Cespedes’s Cuban stats aren’t anything to get excited about and the last time anyone saw him play he struggled. Any reports or rankings on him at this point is complete guess work. I don’t think he’s below Sheets, but I do think people need to curb their expectations with him. This is not Robert 2.0

• knightni changed the title to Badler: Sox expected to sign Yoelki Cespedes
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 4:39 AM, FriendlyNorthsider said:

If that rating is accurate...no reason to get overly excited about him.  He'll have to play himself on to the team.  Can't assume he will be a fast riser in the system.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:23 PM, tray said:

Only to a degree. Otherwise  anyone could hit major league pitching.

There are natural mechanisms that make a major league hitter just a freak of nature.  They usually have amazing hand-eye coordination and outstanding vision.  You can't teach that.  Now their swing mechanics however can be changed and massaged over time.