Badler: Sox expected to sign Yoelki Cespedes

soxfan49

43 minutes ago, beautox said:

With regards to where the sox system will likely rank.

Vaughn 13 - 87pp
Kopech 18 - 82pp
Madrigal 36 - 64pp
*Céspedes 48 - 52pp
Crochet 89 - 11pp (this is a gross under ranking but we all know this)

you figure based off Jasson Dominguez ranked at 48 #1 intl prospect from last year, lets just put Cespedes in the same spot.

Going by "prospect points" from mlb pipeline that puts the sox at a theoretical 296pp; likely keeping their same spot at 4th overall from last year (318).

I think our top end lost a fair bit with Robert's graduation but the depth after the top 5 is significantly better than before and Crochet will likely be ranked higher in the re-rank.
Its entirely possible depending on the re-rank of Crochet and where Céspedes lines up the sox have as good if not a slightly better farm than the Padres (#3).

So yes a top 3-5 system while competing. 

Completely off topic, but man it would have been nice to have Dominguez.... Robert was worth it and I'm not complaining, but Dominguez is going to be a stud.

Side note: I always make him 99s in the show, but even at a 69 rating, still can hit with him a bunch haha.

Edited by Soxnfins

4 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Completely off topic, but man it would have been nice to have Dominguez.... Robert was worth it and I'm not complaining, but Dominguez is going to be a stud.

Side note: I always make him 99s in the show, but even at a 69 rating, still can hit with him a bunch haha.

There wasn't an either/or there. We could have participated in last years class, they for some reason were not successful at getting the top tier talent out of it, though it turned out they found some interesting players that weren't well represented in top 30 lists.

I’m excited to read about his solid defense and cannon for an arm.  Our defense will be as solid as it gets from left centerfield all the way to the wall down the right field line.  

I don’t think I’ve read any reports about Colas’ defense, but if he’s a plus defender as well, and indeed if we do sign him and slot him for left field (sliding Eloy to DH), our pitching staff will enjoy seeing many runs scored being avoided for a long period of time.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

I’m excited to read about his solid defense and cannon for an arm.  Our defense will be as solid as it gets from left centerfield all the way to the wall down the right field line.  

I don’t think I’ve read any reports about Colas’ defense, but if he’s a plus defender as well, and indeed if we do sign him and slot him for left field (sliding Eloy to DH), our pitching staff will enjoy seeing many runs scored being avoided for a long period of time.  

I don't trust scouting reports on defense like at all. Eloy was serviceable and Robert was just solid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thad Bosley said:

Sign me up for a potential Colas, Robert, Cespedes outfield (from left to right) and Eloy DH occasional OF.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

We are on to the second generation of these signings now.

The Alexei Ramirez signing happened 13 years ago, yesterday.  The Viciedo signing happened in November of 2008.  Jose Abreu was in October of 2013.  It is officially a pipeline.

It's really amazing the Success rate the sox have had with their Cuban acquisitions.  The only one I can think of that hasn't really panned out has been Viciedo. Even then it was a good pick up at the time.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do you know what class the youngest tatis is in? I know there has been talk of a international draft . Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.  I'm really Jacked about the potential future of the sox restocking the system. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

It's really amazing the Success rate the sox have had with their Cuban acquisitions.  The only one I can think of that hasn't really panned out has been Viciedo. Even then it was a good pick up at the time.  

Viciedo even got pro seasons at the mahor league level. If that is a failure,  the Sox could use more of them.

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Do you know what class the youngest tatis is in? I know there has been talk of a international draft . Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.  I'm really Jacked about the potential future of the sox restocking the system. 

I believe he was supposed to be in the Jul 2022 class, but don't know how things wilp change with the moves of the recent dates. Maybe @Y2Jimmy0 can offer more here?

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I believe he was supposed to be in the Jul 2022 class, but don't know how things wilp change with the moves of the recent dates. Maybe @Y2Jimmy0 can offer more here?

Gotcha.  Thanks for the feedback.   Talking about which talented players the Sox can get isn't a bad thing , I can get used to this😁

2 hours ago, bmags said:

There wasn't an either/or there. We could have participated in last years class, they for some reason were not successful at getting the top tier talent out of it, though it turned out they found some interesting players that weren't well represented in top 30 lists.

I know that, was kind of just an off-kiltered comment.

I must say that when I saw this headline earlier today I sat in disbelief thinking it was Yoenis. I was afraid it would have been such a White Sox move, but maybe that was the old White Sox. Now I read where they are half-brothers. Please RH, let's not make this a family thing.

Edited by Saufley

• knightni changed the title to Badler: Sox expected to sign Yoelki Cespedes
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic