2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Lets hope not.

I hope he does. He gets better every year and seems it is happening again. His passing was quite good tonight too. 

Find a way to get Towns. Maybe mark, carter and a protected 1st? I can wish right. 

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Lets hope not.

I cant believe im typing it. But look at the type of contracts that are thrown around and in the NBA. Maybe he doesnt get a full max, but he is going to get a lot of money and there just is really no clear path to getting a better player. 

12 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I cant believe im typing it. But look at the type of contracts that are thrown around and in the NBA. Maybe he doesnt get a full max, but he is going to get a lot of money and there just is really no clear path to getting a better player. 

You know how I feel about LaVine. At this point I'm hoping the Bulls are competitive, but are still in the lottery. This year's draft is supposedly pretty strong, much stronger than last years.

With that being said, I'm excited to see this team when the rest of the guys come back. You can tell Donovan and the coaching staff have really been teaching these kids.

Edited by SoxAce

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

What does Lavine have to do for people to believe in him? He's not the only star in this league that's not great defensively. 

Bulls should absolutely have the money to give him a max deal and still hand out another max. 

Most stars are better at creating for others and that’s his biggest limitation.

Hes a hard worker and good dude but he’s not even made an all star game yet, he’s not a #1 guy

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

His low basketball I.Q. is my biggest gripe with him even moreso than his lackadaisical D.

The thing is for me is it’s not his fault the team is built around him like this. It exacerbates his bad qualities rather than letting him sit in his very good traits

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Can't get over the job Williams did on LeBron yesterday. A great player will still get his, but he absolutely frustrated the hell out of LeBron.

And when Lebron hit his shots early (which the guy didn’t miss for 3 quarters) - it wasn’t bad d by Williams just Lebron being awesome. 

Only thing I didn’t like is offensively Williams was too tentative last night shooting the open 3. But so far - he looks like he has a very high ceiling. No clue whether he makes it but I’ve been very impressed so far. Dude is raw but if someone were to tell me he is one of the best players in the league 4 years from now I wouldn’t be shocked. 

I can’t say that about anyone else on the Bulls really at this point with Lavine being the other exception (although I don’t see him being an elite 1 more a good 2). More tape on Williams and maybe my mind will change but he looks like he has chance to be special - if (and big if he develops and maximizes his tool chest). 

11 hours ago, scs787 said:

What does Lavine have to do for people to believe in him? He's not the only star in this league that's not great defensively. 

Bulls should absolutely have the money to give him a max deal and still hand out another max. 

LaVine's problem continues to be that he could be a strong #2 option on a team, but the Bulls are a team unlikely to have a #1 option while LaVine is here. If they develop one internally it will take time, and LaVine signing another big extension will make it difficult to land a #1 option via free agency while still holding the set of young guys they have right now, particularly given the issues with (points to the whole world). By the time the Bulls are ready for LaVine to be in the role where he should be, LaVine may have wasted the best years of his career.

I don't know which team yet, but I really would like to see him prove himself more under Donovan, then be moved for a package of first round picks this trade deadline. He's just not what the Bulls need right now, and as of now that isn't very much his fault. 

I didn't see a lick of this game, and I'm sure after 4 years we're tired of moral victories but I'm more impressed than not on the play this road trip. Short handed against some good teams *(who were also at times shorthanded), but they fought.

I do think it was a better idea to invest this year into finding the offensive game of their core players than trying to grind thru 25 victories with Dunn/Shaq Harrison, but yeah, this defense is bad.

That said, they are fighting like hell and not backing down. And a nice statline from Pwill though I'm really confused by his poor rebounding numbers. He boxes out just never gets em.

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Oh my goodness, Zach LaVine is on fire. 

He has been insanely impressive on this road trip. He has always had the ability to go on huge runs and drill a ton of 3s, but the fact that he's distributing well on top of that and playing improved team defense is exceptional. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I didn't see a lick of this game, and I'm sure after 4 years we're tired of moral victories but I'm more impressed than not on the play this road trip. Short handed against some good teams *(who were also at times shorthanded), but they fought.

I do think it was a better idea to invest this year into finding the offensive game of their core players than trying to grind thru 25 victories with Dunn/Shaq Harrison, but yeah, this defense is bad.

That said, they are fighting like hell and not backing down. And a nice statline from Pwill though I'm really confused by his poor rebounding numbers. He boxes out just never gets em.

Yeah - I wish I watched the Bulls game instead but with nfl ending so glad it looks like the bulls will be entertaining to watch. 

After some morale victories out west, we need to see the Bulls get back on their winning ways so they can really leverage those moral victories and not just bury themselves multiple games under .500. I don't want to find out 2 weeks from now the team is now on a 6 game losing streak.  In some ways - reinforcements will help, in other ways, the offense has always been more awkward when Lauri and Wendell are on the floor with Coby and Lavine.  It actually felt like everyone benefited from Lauri being out of the way a bit - which might be something we see later in the year when the Bulls eventually move Lauri anyway.  

On 1/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, bmags said:

Zach and Coby deserve credit. Unlike v pacers, hawks where they couldn’t score and gave up. Recently when Zach or Coby were off they’ve really tried to make plays for others.

28th in defense.  But the games are more interesting.

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Harden deciding to just say "fuck all this I don't care about anything and I'm gonna eat and party" is super odd

Yeah, I retract the earlier defense of Harden (I should have said this when he earlier went to the clubs). Being pissed cause of Fertitta is one thing, what he's doing is absolute trash.

Speaking of which, he's somehow not the biggest diva in the NBA. That title belongs to Kyrie Irving. If I were the Nets I'd just open up the phone lines and pray someone takes him (and god no, I would not take him if I were the Bulls).

• bmags locked this topic