2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

56 minutes ago, bmags said:

Whoa whoa whoa he was fifth pick of the SECOND round.

He was bad.

But we don’t have to go back that far. The games where I had to watch MCW and jerian grant play. Woof

Grant started a playoff game and looked like he has never played basketball before.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Grant started a playoff game and looked like he has never played basketball before.

I'm convinced that Jerian Grant made $7.7M NBA dollars off this dunk:

Also, everyone is forgetting Marquis Teague. Who GarPax took despite the fact that Thibs was begging for Draymond and the fact that Draymond (and players like Sato and Middleton) fit GarPax's drafting MO (more advanced than one and dones) and were on the board.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm convinced that Jerian Grant made $7.7M NBA dollars off this dunk:

Also, everyone is forgetting Marquis Teague. Who GarPax took despite the fact that Thibs was begging for Draymond and the fact that Draymond (and players like Sato and Middleton) fit GarPax's drafting MO (more advanced than one and dones) and were on the board.

He was bad - but he never started. As much as I'd like to knock Gar Pax, drafting players over their tenure was pretty low on the list of reasons to dislike them. And missing on the 29th overall draft pick is not such a big deal, especially when you think of the Butler/Taj picks.   Obviously the fact that they ignored Thibs who wanted Draymond - that hurts.  

Identifying a point guard has been a problem since forever with this team.  Passed up HOF Walt Frazier to draft Clem Haskins, a SG they tried and failed to convert to PG.  Drafted the terrible Tate Armstrong by passing on Mo Cheeks.  So it's not only Gar/Pax. Since the guys that played with Jordan (Kerr, Armstrong, Paxson, Harper) didn't have PG responsibilities most of the time, is the best PG they've ever had Guy Rodgers from Season One?

3 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Identifying a point guard has been a problem since forever with this team.  Passed up HOF Walt Frazier to draft Clem Haskins, a SG they tried and failed to convert to PG.  Drafted the terrible Tate Armstrong by passing on Mo Cheeks.  So it's not only Gar/Pax. Since the guys that played with Jordan (Kerr, Armstrong, Paxson, Harper) didn't have PG responsibilities most of the time, is the best PG they've ever had Guy Rodgers from Season One?

Uh Derrick Rose?

55 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Stormin' Norman was pretty good as well. 

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Stormin' Norman was pretty good as well. 

Great defender, on and off ball.  Good penetrator, but not an instinctive passer once he got inside. Almost as tough as Sloan.  Speaking of Derrick, this was not a triumph for the FO.  He basically fell on their heads from out of the sky.

15 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Great defender, on and off ball.  Good penetrator, but not an instinctive passer once he got inside. Almost as tough as Sloan.  Speaking of Derrick, this was not a triumph for the FO.  He basically fell on their heads from out of the sky.

They had to choose between Beasley and Rose, and they made the right choice.  They can take that credit

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, Stinky Stanky said:

I think of him as a scorer, but he was better than Rodgers.  By a lot.

That's nice.  He's still a PG.  

On 1/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, Chisoxfn said:

He was bad - but he never started. As much as I'd like to knock Gar Pax, drafting players over their tenure was pretty low on the list of reasons to dislike them. And missing on the 29th overall draft pick is not such a big deal, especially when you think of the Butler/Taj picks.   Obviously the fact that they ignored Thibs who wanted Draymond - that hurts.  

They drafted one superstar, and gave up on another, in how many years?  Drafting or acquiring just one single superstar in their entire tenure in a superstar league is not good. 

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What would you guys do with Markkanen if you have to choose now? 

Re-sign or trade? 

Trade. Him and White plus Porter and Thaddeus - all or any should be gone to get better players and or picks. 

I can’t stand white this year - can’t stand him. 

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Trade. Him and White plus Porter and Thaddeus - all or any should be gone to get better players and or picks. 

I can’t stand white this year - can’t stand him. 

As much as I hate to say it because he's the Bulls best player, they should trade Lavine too. 

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

As much as I hate to say it because he's the Bulls best player, they should trade Lavine too. 

I’m getting other better players around him who I think I’m building around. If Lavine keeps going and getting better awesome - worse case I move him next year. 

Really just want to see Bulls find one real good big and one real good point guard to go with Lavine and Williams plus a first rounder next year. 

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This team needs a good point guard - BIG Time.  I can't say it enough - Coby White is TERRIBLE - literally TERRIBLE.  His PG play is preventing everyone's development - literally everyone's.  

You might even say it’s preventing his own

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic