2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

5 hours ago, Quin said:

Ok, so this theory is holding true.

It sucks because there isn't that much time left but they do deserve some time. People were making fun of the nets post harden acquisition as they were getting destroyed on defense. Eventually they found the right mix. Even though this ain't harden, it's a huge roster shake-up regardless.

6 hours ago, bmags said:

It sucks because there isn't that much time left but they do deserve some time. People were making fun of the nets post harden acquisition as they were getting destroyed on defense. Eventually they found the right mix. Even though this ain't harden, it's a huge roster shake-up regardless.

I'm pretty sure you just threatened to kill both Irving and Durant. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bmags said:

I could see this team being a super dangerous low seed if they gel in time, but I'm worried after the last two games (and very glad for pick protection).

13 hours ago, SoxAce said:

The lack of a floor general (PG) has been exposed alot this season but it was really evident tonight.

Don't worry, I ran one mock draft on Tankathon and the Bulls got Cade on the first go, Jalen Suggs on the second.

• Haha 1

2 Straight for the Bulls - both vs. potential playoff teams. Albeit - Nets were down a couple stars.  Either way - turnovers are down last few games (tonight not so much - 20 on the game)...defense much improved and 2 wins.  Hopefully this is a better indication than the first handful of games...especially knowing how hard it is with all the interchangeable parts.  I'd still say we still have a super limited sample size...but it sure is nice that they have won the last two.  

39 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

2 Straight for the Bulls - both vs. potential playoff teams. Albeit - Nets were down a couple stars.  Either way - turnovers are down last few games (tonight not so much - 20 on the game)...defense much improved and 2 wins.  Hopefully this is a better indication than the first handful of games...especially knowing how hard it is with all the interchangeable parts.  I'd still say we still have a super limited sample size...but it sure is nice that they have won the last two.  

Vuc obviously a huge difference maker. Unfortunately now Carter turning in some good games. Had he done that earlier this season it may have saved the Bulls some picks in that trade.

24 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Vuc obviously a huge difference maker. Unfortunately now Carter turning in some good games. Had he done that earlier this season it may have saved the Bulls some picks in that trade.

Unfortunately - I don't think Carter Jr. was changing his play with the Bulls. His only chance was a change of scenery, imo.  

16 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Unfortunately - I don't think Carter Jr. was changing his play with the Bulls. His only chance was a change of scenery, imo.  

I agree, just wish that he could have partially turned the corner with the Bulls. Would have made him way more valuable in trade talks. 

It was an interesting game to really watch yesterday.

Still very much feels like they are still working through a lot of chemistry stuff, nice to see a win again with all of that.

Main reason I say that is Zach and Vuc's efficiency seems way down now that they've been paired together. Some of the rest of the team has found some groove within the offense last night, but when things falter seems like it goes back out to lavine/vuc for a tough/late shot. 

One of my favorite games I’ve ever seen from Lavine. A true superstar like game where he made plays for his teammates, then when Toronto threatened, came in and hits layup, three pointer to put the nail in the coffin. 

Theis is freakin great too.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

One of my favorite games I’ve ever seen from Lavine. A true superstar like game where he made plays for his teammates, then when Toronto threatened, came in and hits layup, three pointer to put the nail in the coffin. 

Theis is freakin great too.

3 in a row.  7 guys in double figures and Santarosky had 9 Pts.  Lauri with 18 points in 18 minutes.  16 TO's though - so 2 straight games with a ton of TO's. Lavine and White had 9 of the 16.  

2 hours ago, Quin said:

So at this point, we're holding out hope for lotto balls, right?

Already at that point. I can’t even watch them right now - so frustrating. Williams so passive - White horrible - Lauri actually not bad and probably should be starting. Don’t get me wrong - Lauri had issues with his passiveness but his defense had really improved. 

Donovan is struggling right now too - bad rotations - too many minutes for Thad - but worst of all we went from a fun, ball moving and fast paced offense to this horrible Boylen like offense since the trade deadline - just dump it into Vuc lazy offense. 

God they have failed in the draft - when Lauri leaves for nothing they will be left with White and Williams from all their top 10 picks...pathetic and having given up two more picks. 

I had to be the downer in the room - but I am really really down on Bulls right now and this front office. Vuce in a vacuum was okay - but it was a lot of chips for a borderline all star who is at or near his prime...especially with the other guys flailing. 

Hoping I am wrong but after a surprising fun start - I am starting to be annoyed at what we blew our asset load on and whether the Bulls are now painted into too tight of a corner. 

Donovan will figure it out and maybe they just need more time plus a point guard but they need to get lotto lucky and keep this years pick! 

57 minutes ago, fathom said:

The high draft picks on the Bulls couldn’t be playing worse right now.  Woof, might as well lose out.

Mark, White, and Williams - 8 points total tonight in 67 minutes. Williams with 2 points in last 2 games. 

And White - completely broken. One of the worst players I have seen - given the minutes. Horrendous defense, disaster point guard...and now a worthless scorer too...the one thing he did decent prior to the team getting him inside his own head for being a crap point guard. 

This has been really miserable but this schedule has been rough. Not sure how but they need to get a serious PG upgrade, this is just ridiculous how trash that position is. Sato is a fine 2nd unit player.

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic