2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

On 5/15/2021 at 8:07 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Looks like a ~26% chance if the standings end up as is.  Would be massive if they could get lucky in the lottery for once since Rose.

NO and Sacramento lost, Bulls won last night now the three teams split the odds for the 8-9-10 picks evenly, according to Tankathon. 

Their chances of a top 4 pick go from 26% to 20%. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Team definitely needs a point guard. If they can't luck into a top 4 pick, they really need to make the trade for Ball happen. I suppose I'd be ok with Shroeder as well. 

Lauri is more than likely gone and hopefully their 2nd round pick from last year can come over and fill his role. I've been following his box scores throughout the year and if he translates he should at least be as good as the version of Lauri we have seen lately. 

Coaching is gonna be the thing that gets them to the playoffs IMO. They gotta figure out how to really work with Vuc and Lavine to get the ball rolling.  

23 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Team definitely needs a point guard. If they can't luck into a top 4 pick, they really need to make the trade for Ball happen. I suppose I'd be ok with Shroeder as well. 

Lauri is more than likely gone and hopefully their 2nd round pick from last year can come over and fill his role. I've been following his box scores throughout the year and if he translates he should at least be as good as the version of Lauri we have seen lately. 

Coaching is gonna be the thing that gets them to the playoffs IMO. They gotta figure out how to really work with Vuc and Lavine to get the ball rolling.  

Right now I feel like the Bulls are like literally the worst team in the NBA.  The franchise boxed them into a corner when the traded WCJ + those picks for a player who doesn't put them over the top.  Really not happy with where the franchise is, like at all.  That could change if some young players take big steps forward, but Vuc is a good player, but not an elite player and he has some of the same flaws Lavine does (in terms of the defensive side of the ball).  

Really not convinced this front office has it down but hopefully everyone proves me wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lavine is going to have White and Williams work out with him over the off-season. Also inviting the whole team. This is no doubt awesome as Lavines off-season workouts are pretty well regarded in league circles and also really shows him taking that extra step from a leadership perspective. 

Plus - White and Williams elevating their games is probably Bulls best chance from being a fringe team to jumping up to a 4/5 seed time of team with young talent who would than make franchise a potential destination for Max free agent (in 22) and or for disgruntled super star. 

I won’t bet on the above, but if they follow lavines intensity this off-season - I would be shocked if they didn’t take steps forward. 

Talk about some playoff games this weekend - wow - just a great start to the NBA playoffs.  Honestly - I don't think I can ever think of a season as wide open as this year. Usually its just 1 or 2 teams max that are the heavy favorites to make the finals. This year - I legitmately think I could name of 6 or 7 teams and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them won the title.  

Brooklyn and Lakers clearly have most talent - but injuries and chemistry are real issues (probably more so for the Lakers (injury wise) who have the main 2 and those guys missed a ton of time relative to Brooklyn who has pretty much largely had 2 of their 3 around...just never really all 3).  

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Pulling for the Knicks this postseason.

I love thibbs. Such a stellar coach. Stupid gar and pax for enabling it. Who knows where bulls would be if it weren’t for gar and thibs butting head etc. 

So if clippers complete there implosion…how does Lavine, white, Kwahi, Williams, vucevic sound? No idea if possible but alas, why not. I can’t stand Kwahi personality but he is still a legit star who would round out and probably pair pretty well with Lavine and Vuc. 

14 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Ja Morant is special. Uggh…past few years so many special players drafted…doncic, trae young, Donovan Mitchell….bulls get Coby white and Wendell Carter jr….uuuugh. 

I don't think many of them were available when the Bulls picked, so that's shitty luck more than anything else.

With Mitchell, it's hard to take a 6-1 PG top ten. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

14 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

So if clippers complete there implosion…how does Lavine, white, Kwahi, Williams, vucevic sound? No idea if possible but alas, why not. I can’t stand Kwahi personality but he is still a legit star who would round out and probably pair pretty well with Lavine and Vuc. 

This hypothetically works with Thad, Sato, and Aminu adding up to a trade for Kawhi...but you need to give the Clippers something.

I imagine the Clippers would want Williams, but he'd be untouchable, so it'd probably be Coby and a Brinks truck of picks.

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think many of them were available when the Bulls picked, so that's shitty luck more than anything else.

With Mitchell, it's hard to take a 6-1 PG top ten. 

Of those, only Mitchell. Bulls weren't going to top the trade up for Luka either. However, should have drafted MPJ over Wendell.

The shittiest luck will always be winning the coin flip against the Kings, resulting in the Kings getting worse odds and subsequently getting the #2 pick. Bulls are building around Luka-LaVine in that scenario. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

This hypothetically works with Thad, Sato, and Aminu adding up to a trade for Kawhi...but you need to give the Clippers something.

I imagine the Clippers would want Williams, but he'd be untouchable, so it'd probably be Coby and a Brinks truck of picks.

Of those, only Mitchell. Bulls weren't going to top the trade up for Luka either. However, should have drafted MPJ over Wendell.

The shittiest luck will always be winning the coin flip against the Kings, resulting in the Kings getting worse odds and subsequently getting the #2 pick. Bulls are building around Luka-LaVine in that scenario. 

I question on the coin flip whether they draft Luka or would they have gone Bagley. I probably don't want to know - for sake of clarity, I assume they would have drafted Bagley and whiffed haha.  

But on Kawhi - technically they could get rid of everyone except their rookie contract deals + Lavine/Vuc and sign him outright.  No idea whether Kawhi would have interest in that or not (probably not) - but the thought would be fun at least.  Otherwise they have literally maxed out as a totally mediocre at best team - unless they have something real interesting up their sleeves over next year+.  

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I question on the coin flip whether they draft Luka or would they have gone Bagley. I probably don't want to know - for sake of clarity, I assume they would have drafted Bagley and whiffed haha.  

But on Kawhi - technically they could get rid of everyone except their rookie contract deals + Lavine/Vuc and sign him outright.  No idea whether Kawhi would have interest in that or not (probably not) - but the thought would be fun at least.  Otherwise they have literally maxed out as a totally mediocre at best team - unless they have something real interesting up their sleeves over next year+.  

I remember the Bulls REALLY wanting Luka.

The Celtics are going to be interesting to watch this off-season. Ainge is horrible to make trades with, but I have to imagine some players might become a bit more vocal and ownership probably getting more restless. 

Tatum and Brown are both very good players, but for whatever reason they can’t take the next steps. Tatum in particular is a budding superstar with a pretty complete game. Curious to see if he gets antsy to leave Boston at any point - especially with some of the other issues Boston has going on regarding its fans. I recognize Tatum was hurt - but still they weren’t going anywhere. 

Most likely Stevens will be the change but shoot how do you have that talent signed to affordable deals and not put better teams around them. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:05 PM, Chisoxfn said:

I love thibbs. Such a stellar coach. Stupid gar and pax for enabling it. Who knows where bulls would be if it weren’t for gar and thibs butting head etc. 

Gets you to the postseason and then...  Call it butting heads... Takes two to tango ...  Or butt heads.

Edited by Stinky Stanky

• bmags locked this topic