2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

All hail to Giannis, but the story of this one is the PHX scorers wet themselves, as did the Bucks except for Giannis and Khris.  Great game for one where nobody could score from distance.  So it came down to MVP taking it to the hoop and making free throws.  An old fashioned game.   And a minor hug to Chris Paul, whom we've been calling too old  for years, but produced in the clutch.  If he'd had some help...  Who knows?

Edited by Stinky Stanky

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

My favorite subplot was all of the trash Bulls players who turned into serviceable parts for their teams in the NBA finals.  It just re-emphasizes how much trash this organization has been.  Hopefully things are changing.

Cam Payne still shooting three's sideways and hit 2 for 2 in the game!

30 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Cam Payne still shooting three's sideways and hit 2 for 2 in the game!

In a league where there was a premium on shooting, the Bulls drafted some guys who couldn't shoot at all. Payne was horrid, but Marquis Teague made him look like Steph Curry. Some video leaked out of Teague in a shooting drill at I believe was the combine. He made zero shots with nobody on him.

14 hours ago, mqr said:

It’s so hard not to love this dude

It took me a decent bit of time to get over this from way back in the day, but the guy is amazing. On and off the court. Was very cool to watch last night. 

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

In a league where there was a premium on shooting, the Bulls drafted some guys who couldn't shoot at all. Payne was horrid, but Marquis Teague made him look like Steph Curry. Some video leaked out of Teague in a shooting drill at I believe was the combine. He made zero shots with nobody on him.

I'm older than you are and I remember them passing on Walt Frazier for Clem Haskins because Clem was a better shooter.  So the stupidity's not a new thing.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

The bulls are so irrelevant I just can’t. I was so optimistic with this group, but ambition starts at the top.

I think they will need to blow it up after this year - but I truly hope I am wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls stay in their backyard and draft Ayo. 

Good pick. Not much to lose in the 2nd round. We pick up a local kid who was loved at UIUC. He has to work on his shot as well as his left hand, but he was a joy to watch develop at Illinois and I'm hoping he can continue that with us in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Good pick. Not much to lose in the 2nd round. We pick up a local kid who was loved at UIUC. He has to work on his shot as well as his left hand, but he was a joy to watch develop at Illinois and I'm hoping he can continue that with us in the NBA.

He definitely got better every year. Hopefully he keeps growing and becomes a solid player. I can’t complain - not like they sold the pick for cash…haha. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He definitely got better every year. Hopefully he keeps growing and becomes a solid player. I can’t complain - not like they sold the pick for cash…haha. 

But the Pelicans did...and Gar is part of their org lmao

Bulls put qualifying offers on Lauri and Dotson...making both restricted free agents.  Right move - I still presume Lauri walks but I presume Bulls will either leverage this into a trade or he'll accept the qualifying offer (which I'm okay with).  

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I presume Thad and Santorasky will be traded this weekend.  

I'd hope they keep Thad around. I think he'd be beneficial to have around Marco who I have some hope for. 

If they can trade Sato and Lauri they'd have 25 mill in cap space and their MLE. Hopefully that's enough for Ball and whatever they bring back in trades. 

Ball-Lavine-Williams-Young-Vuc should be a pretty fun team to watch. 

12 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I was watching the NBA channel which I never knew I even had, and their guy said something would have to go horribly wrong for Ball not to be a Bull. Of course with his father involved in some way, something going horribly wrong is always quite possible.

The question is what does New Orleans do. He is still restricted so New Orleans has to get their guy - they are trying for Lowry and others. Go figure - bulls to point where they take the Pelicans rejects.  Not that ball is bad but his contract is going to pay him with hope that he grows quite a bit as a player and if he doesn’t it is a mediocre to poor contract. 

47 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The question is what does New Orleans do. He is still restricted so New Orleans has to get their guy - they are trying for Lowry and others. Go figure - bulls to point where they take the Pelicans rejects.  Not that ball is bad but his contract is going to pay him with hope that he grows quite a bit as a player and if he doesn’t it is a mediocre to poor contract. 

At least he plays defense,  and it frees up White to play 2 guard which will make him a better player.

• bmags locked this topic