2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

11 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Can the bulls just get Lonzo already please. He has his flaws but his d and passing is so good and he will fill so many voids on team and long term I still see his offense coming around. I’m still pretty high on Lonzo. 

You can see why I wanted his brother in the draft.

LaVine was outstanding. Simply outstanding. And I say this as someone who isn't a big fan of his. Was efficient, didn't force up any dumb shots (only two I can think of was him forcing when the time expired and a heat check shot but I can't knock him on those and even though he still had 5 turnovers, one of them was him running out the shot clock. He or Coby will likely never have a game like this at the same time again (first two teammates in NBA history to hit 8 three pointers in a game) but it was fun to watch.

Valentine was also very good in this game. Donovan has given him a chance and he's running with it in his minutes. 

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

LaVine was outstanding. Simply outstanding. And I say this as someone who isn't a big fan of his. Was efficient, didn't force up any dumb shots (only two I can think of was him forcing when the time expired and a heat check shot but I can't knock him on those and even though he still had 5 turnovers, one of them was him running out the shot clock. He or Coby will likely never have a game like this at the same time again (first two teammates in NBA history to hit 8 three pointers in a game) but it was fun to watch.

Valentine was also very good in this game. Donovan has given him a chance and he's running with it in his minutes. 

Wait you aren’t a Lavine fan 😮

18 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That was a fun win. Lavine makes it look so easy offensively. You are right - valentine was nifty and beyond that coby was getting a lot more off the ball - which was huge.

He is just a shit point guard. 

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

That was a fun win. Lavine makes it look so easy offensively. You are right - valentine was nifty and beyond that coby was getting a lot more off the ball - which was huge.

He is just a shit point guard. 

Cutting to the chase there, did you.  Denzel's court awareness always impresses me, I'm happy he's getting floor time, finally.  I haven't posted that they're not prepared to play the modern NBA game for a while, but they were tonight.  Sustainable?

Personally, I am good if either get moved if it is making the team better but at the same time, I think it is way too early to write off Lavine and Coby not being able to work together.  Steph Curry has always been a better shooter but he wasn't exactly a great PG when he got in the league, either.  Coby does need to gain more efficiency but it's a new position and system for him still.   Lavine is a perfect example, he has gotten better every year in the league except Coby has done it for 2, Zach has done it for 7. 

10 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Cutting to the chase there, did you.  Denzel's court awareness always impresses me, I'm happy he's getting floor time, finally.  I haven't posted that they're not prepared to play the modern NBA game for a while, but they were tonight.  Sustainable?

I believe Billy will get it there eventually.  Off and on right now 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

They have a long period of roster building and development ahead of them. Coaching is no longer losing them most of their games, talent is.

It probably helps a lot that you aren't getting a coaches voice and a voice from front office, and worrying about someone in the background reporting to the front office 

So one other interesting stat I heard while watching the 2nd half of the Bulls vs. Pacers game (was on the Pacers feed). They said Zach Lavine leads the eastern conference in "clutch" scoring. Which is essentially points scored in final 2 minutes of a basketball game while the margin is still close (+/- 5 point margin).  Evidently he was already quite a bit above the next best guy as of yesterday and he added a handful more yesterday. 

Couldn't watch game last night but that step back 3 was dope.

Heat and Hawks are the two teams underneath bulls, will be interesting to see what happens. Hawks may just continue to be bad but heat should start turning corner. 

Man the cavs were really an early season mirage with that defense.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Couldn't watch game last night but that step back 3 was dope.

Heat and Hawks are the two teams underneath bulls, will be interesting to see what happens. Hawks may just continue to be bad but heat should start turning corner. 

Man the cavs were really an early season mirage with that defense.

The Bulls having those 4 losses where they blew 10+ leads though is huge. You don't realize - if you switch that - you are basically the 4th/5th seed in the East. Not saying this team is that good - they aren't - but the east is also just super clumped together.  To me they just need to start moving assets they don't like / aren't perfect fits to get better.  

As nice was making the playoffs would be, getting a lottery pick would be really nice. The possiblity of getting a top pick, and also much more valuable in a trade. I'm hoping KAT asks for a trade at some point... The Bulls need to find a way to add another star. 

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The Bulls having those 4 losses where they blew 10+ leads though is huge. You don't realize - if you switch that - you are basically the 4th/5th seed in the East. Not saying this team is that good - they aren't - but the east is also just super clumped together.  To me they just need to start moving assets they don't like / aren't perfect fits to get better.  

At this point, I'm on the same train as you. LaVine and Williams are keepers, but everyone else can have a for sale sign. And of course, go for Lonzo.

I'd be willing to keep Carter - he clearly has impact, but the man is glass. Coby can probably stick around, but his only role can be a bench scorer.

Right now, I'm hoping the Bulls can somehow land a Top 5 and nab Kuminga. Youngest player in the draft and he looks fantastic in the G League, playing NBA style ball against vets and recent draftees. I'd also take a hard look at Dashien Nix if the Bulls can somehow get a mid-first rounder - maybe a team bites on Thad?

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think bulls keeping a lotto pick while making the play-in tourney is my sweet spot tbh.

But they should trade thad and go after lonzo. 

How do lottery picks work relative to the play-in tournament? Does the 10 seed that wins the play-in tourney also get a lottery pick or in that situation does the 10 seed lose the lottery pick?  

• bmags locked this topic