2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

28 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Taking nothing away from Jrue Holiday, this would be an awful trade for the Bulls. Jrue Holiday has been in the playoffs 4 times in his 11 year career, three of those he shot less than 42% and less than 16ppg. He’s 30. 

Lavine has improved every year so far and is much younger. We have yet to see what he can do with a winning team around him and probably won’t. Who knows what Lauri is and we will get a better glimpse this year. Neither of there players are a top option but Holiday  never has been or will be either. 

I don't mean those guys for Holiday. I meant those packages are better than Holiday, and I would gladly trade them for what Milwaukee traded. The Pelicans got Bledsoe, George Hill and Bucks’ first round picks in 2020, 2025, and 2027, along with the rights to swap picks in 2024 and 2026. That is a haul. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

I don't often do this (because I'm not usually wrong), but @Look at Ray Ray Run was completely correct about WCJ being trash and Sexton being a much better pick. WCJ can't even play defense now. The paint is free cheese for defenders. 

Undersized to begin with, he has bulked up some, but his future is not underneath the basket.  If he doesn't develop some outside skills he doesn't have an NBA future.

13 hours ago, ron883 said:

I'd hope so. It seems like Michael Reinsdorf will be more open to that than his father. They need to acquire as much talent possible right now, draft well, and sell some superstars on the idea of playing for the Bulls and in Chicago. The Chicago Bulls should definitely be a destination for stars. It is crazy that it hasn't been.

There's a sense among the younger players in the league that Jerry didn't treat Jordan and Pippen fairly, so stars tend to stay away from the Bulls. 

Even though Chicago is a huge market, they've been relegated to a status no different than the Timberwolves. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Mavericks 77

Clippers 27

Halftime.......

This is why I am a little weary about making huge statements about young players early in the season. It has been a really weird year. Id say after 40 games you can start making some decisions about the future. 

On 12/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, ron883 said:

So... Are any of you in favor of trying to trade Zach? What would it take for you to trade him? 

He's got <2 years on his contract and frankly, the Bulls have a guy who can fill his position in Coby White who they want to develop. So yes, they absolutely need to be trying to move LaVine at the trade deadline this year, and the obvious answer to the 2nd is two first round picks, or a recently drafted player and a first round pick (no team is going to acquire Zach unless they think he helps them into the playoffs the next 2 years, which means that the picks are late, but still useful). If some competitive team is sitting there with a lottery pick from this year that you can swap for Lavine and another pick, probably a good move. 

But, when the Clippers can be down 50 at half time, it's hard to know how the standings will shape up in a couple months. 

33 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm sick of half the games being blowouts and over by halftime. They need to do something about 3 pointers, whether it be allowing handchecking again or moving the line back.

To be fair, I have watched one competitive sports competition on my television in the last week+, todays Steelers/Colts game. Every NFL game, every college game I put on has been uninteresting at the end. There have been a couple but nothing I've turned on.

I am grossed out by how bad this has been. Darnell Mayberry is right, there are a lot of excuses and reasons to think it will get better, but it isn’t the players fault they didn’t bring in a playmaking PG or change the roster at all.

And yet, being bad this year could mean franchise altering things and a bunch of cap space to get the right players around him.

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I'm sick of half the games being blowouts and over by halftime. They need to do something about 3 pointers, whether it be allowing handchecking again or moving the line back.

Every game has turned into a replica NBA All-Star Game in terms of lack of defense. It’s hard to watch.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

Every game has turned into a replica NBA All-Star Game in terms of lack of defense. It’s hard to watch.

To be fair, defense is much more difficult in the modern NBA. Teams have 3-4 guys who can drain 3 pointers on the court at any given time. There's just so much more ground to cover with the spacing today. 

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

To be fair, defense is much more difficult in the modern NBA. Teams have 3-4 guys who can drain 3 pointers on the court at any given time. There's just so much more ground to cover with the spacing today. 

They can play zones these days. They usually cover the arc fairly well except with screens. Defense in the paint and transition with the Bulls has been horrible. When Stacey King is calling them out, you know it's bad. 

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They can play zones these days. They usually cover the arc fairly well except with screens. Defense in the paint and transition with the Bulls has been horrible. When Stacey King is calling them out, you know it's bad. 

Beyond terrible, but defense is probably the part of a system that takes the longest to implement. So I will give it a bit of time to see and it can’t be much worse. 

Was real nice to see Carter play with some swagger and I have loved all of our head coach’s quotes the past few games. Boylen would have already benched the starters for entire quarters multiple times by now haha. 

You can see the motivation tactics in his quotes and I hope the team takes into it cause it sounds like there is a huge gap in the players minds vs coaches minds in terms of how much work it takes. I have some optimism that this staff over time will get most of its players which should enable more pieces to be assets. They aren’t on paper good enough, but they certainly can have parts that work and can be dealt - especially if they land a free agent and can pivot for trades. Looks like they will have another shot at lottery pick too - but young teams almost always struggle and this team is super young. 

Lauri also looking better - want to see him stay aggressive and play through this calf injury. 

6 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Got their first win in Washington.  Another tomorrow?  Bet my Lexus they don't.  (Relax, it's almost 23 years old.)

Definitely better with their vets back. But feels like chances of winning depend on whether good Coby or bad Coby shows up.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:27 PM, ron883 said:

I don't often do this (because I'm not usually wrong), but @Look at Ray Ray Run was completely correct about WCJ being trash and Sexton being a much better pick. WCJ can't even play defense now. The paint is free cheese for defenders. 

Ron, I remember people absolutely trashing me on this. Some told me I knew nothing about basketball yada yada. Even more were telling me the bulls had 4 good nba players and a bright future and I was hating on Wendell Carter. The bulls are complete trash and desperately need 1-1 this year but won't end up with it i don't think.

Good on you owning it. Sexton is gonna be a star. What a last 30ish games from him. Kid was awesome at Bama and young with a bad team but his progress has been amazing to watch. Huge 4th tonight vs the hawks. 

This is also gonna be a bold prediction but he beat the best team in the east tonight.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

This forum is a laughable.

@Tonybumps old posts to shame a poster and all the mods circle jerk him and pat his back. Tony always attacking posters and getting high fives from his butt buddies.

I bump old posts where everyone calls me an iidiot when they ended up being wrong again (who knew?) while I dont respond with name calling and the mods delete the thread and hide it.

This after a poster pointlessly attacked me and I respond and a mod tells me to stop responding lol. 

Enjoy the circle Jerk forum fellas. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

• bmags locked this topic