Sign in to follow this  
bmags

2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

Just now, Soxbadger said:

In the last few minutes the worst two plays (decisions) were by Coby White on the offensive charge and Lauri on the 3 he jacked up early in the possession. On the Coby play they defense crashed, there were at least 3 guys in the paint and he just forced it when he wasnt even that close to the basket. 

A lot of people have invested heavily in knocking Lavine. 

Yeah - he has been extremely efficient this year and while he isn’t a pg - he is doing best he ever has at making plays for other guys. 

This is where a real point guard would come in handy though. Enable Lavine to be a bit off the ball with another person with good handles - reduces so much pressure on the whole squad. 

This wouldn’t hurt so bad if it wasn’t coming off the last 3 well played heart breakers on the west coast. Now you got Dallas next. Schedule wise this was one the team needed. 

Thaddeus Young though had a stretch in the 3rd quarter collapse that was some of the worst ball I’ve ever seen. Between like 3 turnovers (with no pressure) and just stagnant offense it was ugly. 

Amazing the efficient scorer Lavine is becoming though. And I’m glad they have Donovan - confident he will teach be able to use this as a teaching moment. 

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is where a real point guard would come in handy though. Enable Lavine to be a bit off the ball with another person with good handles - reduces so much pressure on the whole squad. 

Now this, I will 1000% agree on and it shows down the stretch. 

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah - he has been extremely efficient this year and while he isn’t a pg - he is doing best he ever has at making plays for other guys. 

This wouldn’t hurt so bad if it wasn’t coming off the last 3 well played heart breakers on the west coast. Now you got Dallas next. Schedule wise this was one the team needed. 

Thaddeus Young though had a stretch in the 3rd quarter collapse that was some of the worst ball I’ve ever seen. Between like 3 turnovers (with no pressure) and just stagnant offense it was ugly. 

Amazing the efficient scorer Lavine is becoming though. And I’m glad they have Donovan - confident he will teach be able to use this as a teaching moment. 

I’ve been watching Thad Young since he was a frosh at GT and it’s seriously amazing how bad of a ball handler he is.  

11 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

You going to take your Lavine hateto the grave. Every player does some dumb shit, but for most of the game he was at 2 points per shot, which is insanely efficient.

He didnt lose that game. 

Lavine is really good, but closing out games is not a strength.  Of course, being on bad teams doesn't help, but he constantly misses shots at the end of games he was making all night. His defense is improving but still below average. But there are a lot of NBA greats that didn't play much defense.  I think Lavine would start getting his due if he was a #2 or #3 guy on a roster and not the man as he is on the Bulls. I also think the Nets would have been better off trading for Lavine than Harden. Assuming Kyrie can normalize, Lavine as the 3rd guy there and a lot less drama seems better to me. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

This seems to be a safe lead. Nice bounce back win. That said they had a couple useless turnovers again late. 

Great game for the Bulls. Doncic was his usual amazing self but he had to work for his points the second half. 

LaVine wasn't very good offensively BUT had 10 assists to only 2 turnovers. Wasn't doing dumb shit out there, took care of the basketball, was positive defensively.... I'll gladly take that. 

Markkanen was very good. Aggressive, lead the Bulls in most categories. He's playing for a contract and if he keeps this up, he'll probably get a nice contract for himself.

Garrett Temple was the unsung hero in this game. He was the best player on the Bulls. Calmed every thing down when the Bulls were starting to crack a bit early in the 4th.

Coby White on the other hand... not good at all. But I'm glad he was not forcing shots when he knew he wasn't feeling it tonight. 

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Great game for the Bulls. Doncic was his usual amazing self but he had to work for his points the second half. 

LaVine wasn't very good offensively BUT had 10 assists to only 2 turnovers. Wasn't doing dumb shit out there, took care of the basketball, was positive defensively.... I'll gladly take that. 

Markkanen was very good. Aggressive, lead the Bulls in most categories. He's playing for a contract and if he keeps this up, he'll probably get a nice contract for himself.

Garrett Temple was the unsung hero in this game. He was the best player on the Bulls. Calmed every thing down when the Bulls were starting to crack a bit early in the 4th.

Coby White on the other hand... not good at all. But I'm glad he was not forcing shots when he knew he wasn't feeling it tonight. 

Coby plays in traffic and gets swatted too much.  He's got to figure out how to get a clean shot off.  Lauri does seem motivated.  He still needs to convince me.  I wouldn't mind seeing Gafford more.  He looks like a center.  Might turn out to be another Clifford Ray.  Wendell looks like a PF playing center.

Another stellar performance by Lavine - including some nice passes and key buckets in final few minutes. 

White on the other hand - another weak performance. Trying to be patient but have not liked what I have seen of him at pg. 

Forget trading Lavine- id dangle white and others to get a better player if one becomes available. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Another stellar performance by Lavine - including some nice passes and key buckets in final few minutes. 

White on the other hand - another weak performance. Trying to be patient but have not liked what I have seen of him at pg. 

Forget trading Lavine- id dangle white and others to get a better player if one becomes available. 

He was always an efficient scorer but he's taking it to a ridiculous level lately. I've looked into his shot selection and overall shot metrics compared to last season and it doesn't even appear as if it's a lucky streak