Oscar Colas declared free agent

reiks12

7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

There's about 1.8m tied up in everyone except the big two. If they really want Colas to get real minor league experience next year so he could potentially be ready to contribute in RF in 2022, maybe they could just give him that money to expedite his path to Chicago, rather than forcing us into another year of Eaton or some other scrub in RF. 

Ofcourse the issue would be damaging relationships with agents and handlers for those other players who someday may have much higher profile clients we might want. 

Yeah that's a non-starter. They won't renege on those deals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I like Spiegel and wish he still had a week day show.

Agreed. He is one of the few hosts who doesn't purposefully antagonize or use self-aggrandizement to gain attention.  Probably why he doesn't have his own show though.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As a talent evaluator I trust Paddy but I'd like to know how close is close and his rationalization for making this statement. It sure can't be based on how he has played lately which makes it much harder to evaluate how close he is.

They’ve seen him a bunch physically in last year. He made it clear that from a baseball standpoint, he’s not far away. He needs to assimilate culturally though and learn how to play every day. The grind is a bigger issue. I’d bet he goes to Winston-Salem 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1