2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

• 2 weeks later...

Well I like this Hawks team. Very competitive so far. Lankinen looks amazing so far. The PP is clicking. Despite the lack of talent I'd say they actually have better play makers but not finishers. To me that's the main reason the PP have been looking good. They've had very pretty passing plays on the PP resulting in goals and better play around the net.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yikes this thread a ghost town . Hawks doing well against a tough schedule so far.

They’ve really been playing scrappy, glad to see them having some success. And if Lankinen is the real deal, they could be in better shape than previously thought. 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:21 PM, SoxAce said:

This Hawks team is fun to watch. The kids can play. 

Nice little comeback win last night. The OT winner was fun to see in slo mo. Good paws from the Cat. Beaudin with his 1st 2 goals in the last 2 games. Kurashev, Suter , Mitchell all doing well.Lankinen , enough can't be said about him .

Played well without Murph.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

These kids can play eh? @Tony @soxfan49 @southsider2k5

I don’t know what to make of this team. They are a lot of fun but it’s sort of hard to figure out what they look like moving forward. Is this for real, or has this just been a hot stretch against bad teams? Is JC actually the right guy behind the bench? What happens if/when Toews comes back?

I really didn’t think I’d be watching a lot of Blackhawks hockey this season but here we are lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

I don’t know what to make of this team. They are a lot of fun but it’s sort of hard to figure out what they look like moving forward. Is this for real, or has this just been a hot stretch against bad teams? Is JC actually the right guy behind the bench? What happens if/when Toews comes back?

I really didn’t think I’d be watching a lot of Blackhawks hockey this season but here we are lol. 

I think it's a bit of both. They aren't as good as this stretch indicates but they aren't a lottery team either. I still think they're one good #1 defenseman (unless Beaudin/Mitchell/Boqvist can develop into that) and top line player away from becoming quite the team. DeBrincat, Kurashev, Mitchell, Hagel, Beaudin, Kubalik, Suter, Reichel when he gets here, Dach, etc. is a good nucleus of young players to help this older core potentially squeeze one last cup. Oh.. and it's looking like they got a goalie too (Lankinen).

• Like 2

7-1-1 in their last 9. Nice to see they eeked out some wins in Detroit when they were due to fold against weak competition. Lot's of talk about the hungry kids buying into Colliton's system. It's not always talent in hockey that can make teams win. Team work , everyone pulling on the same rope, goes a long way. They are putting in the work winning 50/50 battles , gaining confidence that the Colliton way is the right way.

Retire 7 for Seabrook/Chelios. 

It was time. Dude was an absolute beast, just love 7. 

Will be interesting to see if anyone will be in the market for a LITR contract like the Hawks did with Hossa. 

• bmags locked this topic