2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think desperation has taken hold of the organ I zation.

But if he decides to retire....it's embarrassing the Venzina Trophy winner didn't want to play for your organization, so it's not like the Hawks get off the hook that easily. 

I just don't get it. 

According to Laz, MAF doesn't want to play in Chicago. 

The only way this makes sense is if the Hawks can work out a trade with Pittsburgh, get some assets for MAF and eat some cash, and get some talent out of the deal. 

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

i will say this, if Fleury decides to hang them up and Stan did not 1. get any compensation from Vegas back i.e. a draft pick and 2. literally helped a rival team out of their cap issue then he needs to be fired immediately. 

He needs to be fired immediately in both of his roles (USOC Hockey GM).

Can't blame any hockey player for refusing to play for the Chernobyl of the NHL/professional sports world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Someone took that contract?

What?

I'll be dead honest I don't really understand how TB uses the LTIR to their advantage, but obviously it's valuable. 

There are basically two schools of thought here:

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

He gone.

Makes the Panarin deal that much more of a joke, but I never liked Zadorov. If they bring in McCabe which it sounds like they are......probably a better replacement. 

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

Makes the Panarin deal that much more of a joke, but I never liked Zadorov. If they bring in McCabe which it sounds like they are......probably a better replacement. 

If... IF his knee checks out (he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus last year) then he's a much better upgrade. 

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

If... IF his knee checks out (he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus last year) then he's a much better upgrade. 

If they somehow convince Flower to play for the Hawks next year....they probably are a decent team. 

I remember watching these IIHF games from a few years ago. McCabe and Seth Jones were the top pairing for Team USA that won gold. Man those two were damn good together. Not sure if Colliton will have them paired up (he might have one vet and one young player together as a better option) but those two can PK or be out there late game situations protecting a lead. I like a healthy Jake McCabe alot.

Well that's nice for Saad that he doesn't have to uproot his family much and he's taken a liking to the Midwest now (with all the talk about him going home to Pittsburgh).

I see the Saad is "dead to me now", "is a traitor" etc. on Twitter now.

https://www.tsn.ca/boynton-investigators-probing-alleged-abuse-of-former-blackhawks-players-ask-who-knew-1.1674971

“They asked me who knew and I gave them names, basically everybody on the team,” Boynton told TSN in an interview on Wednesday. “I said everybody f---ing knew about it."

Boynton told investigators that, at the request of those teammates, he approached skills coach Paul Vincent, hoping that the retired police officer would convince the club’s management to fire Aldrich and report the allegations to police......

Chicago captain Jonathan Toews has said he first learned of the allegations before training camp in the fall of 2010 and has said he was “annoyed” that an unidentified former Blackhawks player told The Athletic website that everyone on the team knew about the alleged incidents.

• bmags locked this topic