2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

So, I’m just an idiot who knows nothing in the hawks and nhl now (prolly always)

Future cap problems aside, what do hawks fans think of this years team with the GK and D upgrades? 

Is this like the bulls adding rondo and wade and probably being an 8th seed or is there bigger upside with healthy Dach and stuff

Your Chicago NHL Team update for the weekend.

Brad Aldrich calls his rape of children he sexually groomed "consensual experimentation" in his court plea for leniency after his felony convictions for criminal sexual conduct of children.

Meanwhile, one of the primary Chicago Hockey Team executives who aided and abetted Brad Aldrich remains US Olympic Team General Manager. One of Aldrich's rape accusers has appealed to authorities to remove Stan Bowman from this role.

Rocky and Danny Wirtz, meanwhile, stand by their Stan. Hurry, season ticket deposits due soon, don't miss out.

So sad to hear this news. Will never forget his first season with the Hawks, rookie of the year with 15 shutouts as he led the Hawks from last to first in the 1969-70 season. 

RIP Tony-0 and thanks for so many great memories.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

• 2 weeks later...

The Chicago Hockey Team has filed motions in an attempt to groom the judge assigned to the rape trial in hopes of shielding the case from public.

This strategy is  consistent with their paid for sham "investigation", and lack of commitment to full public disclosure and reciprocal availability of witnesses, in an effort to exonerate Rocky Wirtz and his organization for aiding and abetting Brad Aldrich.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is a good start for potentially getting my interest back into this team.  You gotta cut out the infection.  We will see how the finish up the investigation.

In my eyes, it looks WORSE if all the background players go but Stan keeps his gig. 

I'm really curious the backstory on a lot of these. Read the Powers piece today and a ton of people have either left or been moved around the organization with new titles. It seems like a lot of the higher ups that were part of the 3-Cup basically have been moved aside for fresh blood. 

I can get way more on board with that if Stan goes. If he's still there.......nothing really changes in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

In my eyes, it looks WORSE if all the background players go but Stan keeps his gig. 

I'm really curious the backstory on a lot of these. Read the Powers piece today and a ton of people have either left or been moved around the organization with new titles. It seems like a lot of the higher ups that were part of the 3-Cup basically have been moved aside for fresh blood. 

I can get way more on board with that if Stan goes. If he's still there.......nothing really changes in my eyes. 

Looks like Stan is out too.

10 hours ago, Vacheron said:

I don't know how those guys are moved but not Stan Bowman. They need to blow that up.

Yes I agree, though Rocky and or John may have made the final call to aid a known rapist (later exposed as a serial child rapist). Without an legitimate independent investigation, which will likely never happen, the public will never be able to accurately determine who was culpable, so I agree a complete break from Rocky to anyone in a position of authority who knew of these incidents should be gone. People must also remember at least one disgraceful Bill Peters racist incident also was known and condoned by Blackhawks management during this timeframe.  

They should also take the opportunity to "commit to replacing the Indian" and change the team name and racist caricature the league is too embarrassed to even display or promote, because we are now living in the 21st century.

• 2 weeks later...

The two Bowmans remain in their roles with the Chicago NHL OrganIzation,

Stan also continues, for now, as GM of the US Olympic Men's Hockey Team, though there are calls by child sexual abuse advocates to suspend him from that role.

Rocky Wirtz, the other remaining high ranking official from this period, remains as Chairman of the team. The team's non-independent sham investigation continues.

What we’re seeing now with the Blackhawks and USA Hockey is shocking not because of the behaviour of the predator,” Hamilton said in an interview. “What’s shocking is that it’s been 19 years since we learned, thanks to the Boston Globe journalists, how the bishops in the Catholic church repeatedly covered up sexual abuse by priests. This hockey case is shocking because by now people should know the proper way to respond to allegations like this.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• 2 weeks later...

The NHL team alleged in its Sept. 13 motion that there was no evidence to support an allegation that it provided Aldrich with a recommendation letter for his coaching position in Houghton. The Blackhawks have told Susan Loggans, a lawyer for the former high school player, that they will file a motion for sanctions against her unless she withdraws the claim....

“Most definitely there was communication between the Blackhawks and Houghton,” Loggans wrote in a 41-page court filing. “At the very least, there was non-verbal communication. The Blackhawks gave Mr. Aldrich the actual Stanley Cup to take to Houghton to show it off. The Cup was inscribed with Mr. Aldrich’s name. Standing alone, this communication vouches for Mr. Aldrich’s suitability as a coach… In other words, the Blackhawks ‘sent’ Mr. Aldrich to Houghton with the most positive reference available – the Stanley Cup, engraved with his name. They did this at a time when they knew of Aldrich’s sexual exploitation of its players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • bmags locked this topic