2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

So the Hawks are (non shockingly) starting the season very bad so far. Colliton can not be long for this job right? He's been bad his whole tenure here so far.

And nice job of Bowman basically mortgaging the future to basically put a bandaid on at defense.

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Bowman is getting into the Gar/Pax area of how he keeps his job.  Colliton is a Bears hire level disaster.

Emily Kaplan is reporting everyone is safe over there, this is all part of the plan....it's unreal. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Bowman is getting into the Gar/Pax area of how he keeps his job.  Colliton is a Bears hire level disaster.

I think you could have stayed with Bulls considering. Colliton seems like his Boylen...except Boylen only lasted 120 games not 3 years.

Too bad the NHL has Reinsdorf recommended hack Gary Bettman in charge. If Adam Silver was NHL commissioner, he’d remove Rocky and Stan, just as he removed Sterling and is set to remove Robert Sarver from the Suns. Hell, even the NFL had the balls to remove the Charlotte owner. 

MLB previously disciplined owners like Steinbrenner and the nazi widow sympathizer in Cincinnati back when they had the semblance of an independent commissioner. Now, the commissioners of MLB and NHL are there to whitewash any ownership involvement, be it the Astros or Blackhawks. The NHL leads the pack however, allowing Rocky Wirtz to investigate his own team, and whitewash their reprehensible activity over the years.

So the Blackhawks coming into this game are going for a couple of records in the Colliton/Bowman era.

They are currently down 4-1 now in the 2nd period. Reminder that Stan Bowman traded the Hawks 1st rounder next season (and it's only top 2 protected for the Hawks to keep it) for Seth Jones along with Boqvist and their own 11th overall pick in the past draft. Just like Pace, he was held onto a year + too long with this franchise. Hell, he should've been gone even before the assault charges.

I could just copy and paste this from the Bears, but I am not sure why the Hawks thought they were that close to being able to compete.  While the leadership isn't great, neither is the talent.  Back it up and start over.  Get crazy and quietly see what teams would pay for Patrick Kane.

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's painfully obvious at this point that the org just had an insanely lucky string of player transactions but has otherwise been the same shitty organization that they've always been. 

Hell of a sales job by McCub to convice Chicago otherwise. 

What does this mean? 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

What does this mean? 

That they lucked their way into 3 cups. 

You don't nail as many key contributors as they did late in the draft and trading shit players without some luck. I don't care how good your scouts are, that shit isn't normal. 

You don't win 3 cups in 6 years because you're good. You do it because you're running an insane hot streak of players turning into gold. 

When that ended, so did the run. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

That they lucked their way into 3 cups. 

You don't nail as many key contributors as they did late in the draft and trading shit players without some luck. I don't care how good your scouts are, that shit isn't normal. 

You don't win 3 cups in 6 years because you're good. You do it because you're running an insane hot streak of players turning into gold. 

When that ended, so did the run. 

There is like a 1000 things wrong with this post, so not totally sure where to start. 

But using this logic…when does anyone in sports (or really anything in life) deserve credit? The Penguins and Kings clearly don’t deserve any credit for their runs, it was just luck. Patriots? No good, just a hot streak. 

Am I understanding your logic here? 

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

There is like a 1000 things wrong with this post, so not totally sure where to start. 

But using this logic…when does anyone in sports (or really anything in life) deserve credit? The Penguins and Kings clearly don’t deserve any credit for their runs, it was just luck. Patriots? No good, just a hot streak. 

Am I understanding your logic here? 

We've already had this discussion and have agreed to disagree. 

I don't wish to re-hash it. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We've already had this discussion and have agreed to disagree. 

I don't wish to re-hash it. 

We absolutely haven’t had this discussion. 

And even if we had..you’re the one that “re-hashed” this position/take. 

But we haven’t, and all I asked is more clarification on a stance that clearly I don’t understand in the slightest. 

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

We absolutely haven’t had this discussion. 

You believe in merit. I don't 

Ring a bell? 

I think of running a sports team like being a professional gambler. Eventually the good luck runs out for anyone. 

This is a sport in which Peter Chiarelli has his name on the Stanley Cup as a GM. Tells you all you need to know. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You believe in merit. I don't 

Ring a bell? 

I think of running a sports team like being a professional gambler. Eventually the good luck runs out for anyone. 

This is a sport in which Peter Chiarelli has his name on the Stanley Cup as a GM. Tells you all you need to know. 

So then I’ll ask you again. Does anyone in sports deserve any credit? 

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

So then I’ll ask you again. Does anyone in sports deserve any credit? 

Not really. People can control the process, but not the results. One person could do everything right but get shitty results, and another can half-ass the process and get great results. 

Generally, people do a good job with the process and get average results. 

There are outliers, but those are the exceptions and not the rule. 

The fact that not everyone can be a professional athlete no matter how much effort they put into it should be a daily reminder of the randomness of personal success and failure. 

How come it's conventional wisdom with professional athletes but it doesn't apply to other aspects of life? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• bmags locked this topic