2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

Just like MLB's investigation of the Astros which served primarily to exonerate their Owner who remains in place, Rocky's paid for investigation whitewashed any involvement by Rocky Wirtz (0 mentions in the report). He must also resign as chairman to complete the cleansing of this sordid organization.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Just like MLB's investigation of the Astros which served primarily to exonerate their Owner who remains in place, Rocky's paid for investigation whitewashed any involvement by Rocky Wirtz (0 mentions in the report). He must also resign as chairman to complete the cleansing of this sordid organization.

I tend to agree, it would make me feel a lot better about continuing on as a Hawks fan, but I have no faith in Bettman to do that.

He could, step down and pass the torch to Danny which would be the next best option. 

• Like 1

When you have all the facts,  control the message, have the ability to make the necessary changes.......and still fuck up the messaging.  

Wtf man, today is not the day to say you appreciate Stan for his efforts and say "he made a mistake".  Everyone in that report should be cast out and treated as the bottom feeders that they are

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

When you have all the facts,  control the message, have the ability to make the necessary changes.......and still fuck up the messaging.  

Wtf man, today is not the day to say you appreciate Stan for his efforts and say "he made a mistake".  Everyone in that report should be cast out and treated as the bottom feeders that they are

They also retain their name and logo, the organization has had a permanent disconnect with proper messaging. Today was nothing more than a self-serving way to avoid any ownership responsibility and attempt to regain credibility. It would be a perfect day to wipe the entire slate clean, not lose a penny by promoting Danny and hiring a new president, and forming a new identity like the Cleveland Guardians are doing. The team is behind perma-scum such as Dan Snyder at this stage.

Would love nothing more than for John McDonough to spill the beans on what he told Rocky Wirtz about these incidents and Rocky's response. Also what was discussed regarding Bill Peters, and whatever else went down over there that the public is not aware, though this public airing will never happen.

• Like 1

I have no idea why they made the height and weight of the player public. The report basically doxxed him (when they weren't trying to). Only took me 5 minutes to go back and look from that on that 2010 team and found out who the player was. 

And the one thing this has told me is what I already knew for years. John McDonough is a grade A piece of shit. Never liked him then, hate him even more now.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I have no idea why they made the height and weight of the player public. The report basically doxxed him (when they weren't trying to). Only took me 5 minutes to go back and look from that on that 2010 team and found out who the player was. 

And the one thing this has told me is what I already knew for years. John McDonough is a grade A piece of shit. Never liked him then, hate him even more now.

I wouldn’t assume this aspect. Rocky paid for each and every word in that report and investigation.

This law firm’s primary purpose was to exonerate the person who paid for this sham investigation. It is not credible that John McDonough did not discuss these incidents with Rocky Wirtz, who first stated he never knew of these allegations until the lawsuit was filed, and then after his statement, his organization later stated they conducted an investigation, and that the accusations of abuse and coverup had NO merit.

This law firm did not and would not allow cross questioning of victims or other witnesses, wouldn’t even commit for months to make any findings public. This was not an open, independent, or transparent process. 

Several key witnesses and one key victim did not participate due to the lack of independence or reciprocal efforts to “seek the truth”. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men

15 hours ago, SoxAce said:

And his age. What a joke. That player was allegedly already kind of a lunatic. Hopefully his mental health is ok

Skimmed the report. Couple things:

AFAIK, the only person who said that McDonough said that "he would handle it" was Bowman. No one else corroborated that supposition. So when Bowman makes the bullshit "apology," I gotta roll my eyes at him.

The team's "mental skills coach" apparently broke HIPPAA confidentiality laws by naming John Doe to the senior leadership. He also was an asshole in his emails to John Doe. How can he not be subject to legal action, given his licensure status at the time?

On balance, really no one comes away looking good. Not the players, nor the coaches, nor the staff. FFS, one could have expected the team's counselor to be a fuckong adult, but no...

This is really disappointing. 

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Skimmed the report. Couple things:

AFAIK, the only person who said that McDonough said that "he would handle it" was Bowman. No one else corroborated that supposition. So when Bowman makes the bullshit "apology," I gotta roll my eyes at him.

The team's "mental skills coach" apparently broke HIPPAA confidentiality laws by naming John Doe to the senior leadership. He also was an asshole in his emails to John Doe. How can he not be subject to legal action, given his licensure status at the time?

On balance, really no one comes away looking good. Not the players, nor the coaches, nor the staff. FFS, one could have expected the team's counselor to be a fuckong adult, but no...

This is really disappointing. 

It turns out he's not a real doctor and he's being investigated

• bmags locked this topic