2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You are the joke,, the same clown who threw a hissy fit about anything happening to Bruce Levine for texting Hillary Clinton dick picks.

You also lack being able to grasp the context that this was written in the same room where a widely known rape had occurred, by a person in power over a player trying to break into the league.

You and your kind are dying out of society. Godspeed.

Lol I thought the bruce Levine thing was hilarious. You have something wrong once again - unsurprisingly. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Come on man, @ron883 is a legit good dude.  He may troll from time to time and his hatred for Jose Abreu borderlines on personal, but you can tell he has a great moral compass.  Saying you want people like him to die out is pretty extreme and would be like saying you want 90% of the world wiped out.

Nah, he called me scum for calling out Bruce Levine's tweet, claimed Bruce is too old to tweet or use his phone properly. Haven't read a post of his that indicates a "great moral compass', just posts trolling actual White Sox fans, throwing hissy fits about "cancel culture", hatred of any black sports media person, and love of all the drunken idiots who have been rightfully shitcanned over time. 

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Lol I thought the bruce Levine thing was hilarious. You have something wrong once again - unsurprisingly. 

Of course you did, your "great moral compass" compelled you.

The world continues toward progress. Those OK with racism, rape, sexual harassment, misogyny and other inhumane conduct are going the way of the Klan. KKK leader David Duke lost 90% of his voter support from his 1990s election results to his latest run a few years ago, but it took three long decades to get there. My alderman in the 1980s openly declared he will not allow any N (plural word) to move into our ward, he is dead, and his son who led the state senate had to quit in disgrace last year. Offensive people will lose their "math teacher" jobs, people will continue to shun "entertainment" promoting trash, one by one, team by team, city by city. 

It has taken decades to get to where we are now, and will still sadly take many more years to eradicate these viewpoints. Some people become aware through education or personal reflection that things once shamefully accepted / tolerated / profited from are no longer acceptable. Others will cling to their ignorant views until their last breath. There is still time for those reading this post to do the right thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The entire franchise needs to be cancelled until all of the cancer is eradicated.

The entire report was concocted to protect the scumbag at the top profiting off of it all.

Brent Sopel thinks you're wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Brent Sopel thinks you're wrong. 

He can "believe" or state whatever the hell he wants. What did he do exactly at the time to help Kyle Beach when he was still with Wirtz' organization? That was the time to stand up and be counted, not thumping your chest ten years later and praising the guy who profited off of this filth.

The facts remain Wirtz' organization conducted a sham investigation, destroyed any evidence which did not support their legal position, discredited the one rape victim who did participate in this sham process, refuse to answer any questions about their involvement. Wirtz' organization recently stated they conducted an investigation and found these claims to have no merit. They also covered up the disgraceful Bill Peters racist incident, the same time Kaner was being investigated for rape.

Rape, racism, and more rape. With a racist logo to cheer. Here are your Chicago NHL Hockey team. Cheer us, and give us your money. Do it.

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nah, he called me scum for calling out Bruce Levine's tweet, claimed Bruce is too old to tweet or use his phone properly. Haven't read a post of his that indicates a "great moral compass', just posts trolling actual White Sox fans, throwing hissy fits about "cancel culture", hatred of any black sports media person, and love of all the drunken idiots who have been rightfully shitcanned over time. 

Of course you did, your "great moral compass" compelled you.

The world continues toward progress. Those OK with racism, rape, sexual harassment, misogyny and other inhumane conduct are going the way of the Klan. KKK leader David Duke lost 90% of his voter support from his 1990s election results to his latest run a few years ago, but it took three long decades to get there. My alderman in the 1980s openly declared he will not allow any N (plural word) to move into our ward, he is dead, and his son who led the state senate had to quit in disgrace last year. Offensive people will lose their "math teacher" jobs, people will continue to shun "entertainment" promoting trash, one by one, team by team, city by city. 

It has taken decades to get to where we are now, and will still sadly take many more years to eradicate these viewpoints. Some people become aware through education or personal reflection that things once shamefully accepted / tolerated / profited from are no longer acceptable. Others will cling to their ignorant views until their last breath. There is still time for those reading this post to do the right thing.

Lmao you really thought Bruce meant to tweet that? Youre crazy man. You would be leading the Salem witch trials if it happened today. 

Edited by ron883
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He can "believe" or state whatever the hell he wants. What did he do exactly at the time to help Kyle Beach when he was still with Wirtz' organization? That was the time to stand up and be counted, not thumping your chest ten years later and praising the guy who profited off of this filth.

The facts remain Wirtz' organization conducted a sham investigation, destroyed any evidence which did not support their legal position, discredited the one rape victim who did participate in this sham process, refuse to answer any questions about their involvement. Wirtz' organization recently stated they conducted an investigation and found these claims to have no merit. They also covered up the disgraceful Bill Peters racist incident, the same time Kaner was being investigated for rape.

Rape, racism, and more rape. With a racist logo to cheer. Here are your Chicago NHL Hockey team. Cheer us, and give us your money. Do it.

Those aren’t facts, those are your opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Those aren’t facts, those are your opinions. 

They investigated themselves, by definition it's a sham.

Any credible organization or entity would have an independent investigation conducted. Investigating yourself, having no evidence from 10 years ago when it doesn't support your case, such as the rapist's HR file, while having others magically available, from the same time period. Just a coincidence.

Or what 98% of the population would conclude is a sham.

Blackhawks refuse to say if they are investigating whether records destroyed purposefully.

And the sham just keeps on rolling.

Truth = Secretariat

Rocky Wirtz = Sham

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They investigated themselves, by definition it's a sham.

Any credible organization or entity would have an independent investigation conducted. Investigating yourself, having no evidence from 10 years ago when it doesn't support your case, such as the rapist's HR file, while having others magically available, from the same time period. Just a coincidence.

Or what 98% of the population would conclude is a sham.

And the sham just keeps on rolling.

Truth = Secretariat

Rocky Wirtz = Sham

Ok Champ. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I doubt Rocky knew. McDonough is a guy who is very old school. Likely did not want his boss to know about it. IMO, I'll bet he decided to just sweep it under the rug himself without him knowing. Dude is a piece of shit like that whose done that in the Cubs org too.

35 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I doubt Rocky knew. McDonough is a guy who is very old school. Likely did not want his boss to know about it. IMO, I'll bet he decided to just sweep it under the rug himself without him knowing. Dude is a piece of shit like that whose done that in the Cubs org too.

There is no evidence Rocky knew, other than @South Side Hit Men wishing it was true. 

People can believe what they want. I believe based on what has been presented that Rocky didn't know, and as you said, McDonough kept it off his desk. 

It doesn't make me feel any better about the situation at all, I'm still done with the Hawks.....but I'm also not going to say Rocky knew when all the evidence we have to go off of says he didn't know.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

30 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Didn't Beach essentially say that the Hawks are legally still trying to say he's full of shit? IIRC he said something like "they can apologize all they want but in the court room they tell me I'm a liar."

Yeah, and I really hope he wants to take them to court. Put the Sr management under oath. 

I Went through a lot of the J&B report today in detail and Sr management either a) really threw Jim Gary under the bus, making it look like he turned rape into sexual harassment, or b) Gary is the biggest villain of them all and single handedly minimized the situation such that the Hawks FO had no idea an assault took place. 

The first time I read the report I read it in the lens that the actors in the Hawks org are amoral psychopaths. 

Today, I read it from the perspective of asking how reasonable people could fuck this up. 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

Use your brain sir. It was 2010. The Hangover came out then and "Paging Dr. Fa**ot" was a huge joke from it. 40 year old virgin had a scene where they constantly call each other gay. It was a different time then, it was also in a locker room. You would get offended at literally every locker room at the time lmao. 

I know you love finding reasons to get outraged and you love being the moral authority, but drop the holier than thou bullshit. 

Holy shit.  Spot on.

• Like 2

The more I look at Cheveldayoff, the more I hate him and the NHL.

Here's a guy who us either himself a bigot, by means of hiring/enabling a bigot, or is aligned with bigots, given his history with Aliu. Meanwhile, Bettman/the NHL let him off Scott free.

Heres a guy who knew about Beach's assault, and did nothing about it. And yes, Bettman/the NHL let him off Scott free.

I wonder what he has on Bettman?

Some people say McDonough wouldn’t dare withhold something so potentially massive from Wirtz. A former team employee said McDonough would tell people in the front office he reported everything to Wirtz.

“He told us that all the time,” the source said. “He said he didn’t want Wirtz to find out anything that didn’t come from him.”

And what did did Rick ask Gary Bettman after Gary was shamed into allowing Rick to participate?

And what he would like to have asked if granted follow-up questions:

More lies from ownership's paid stooge

Rocky Wirtz needs to answer every relevant question regarding his and his organization's involvement in this incident, from 2010, to the sham 2020 "investigation" which stated Kyle's case had "no merit", to the team funded and owned 2021 outside counsel "investigation", if he or his pathetic organization wants to regain any credibility with the outside world. I don't see it happening.

• bmags locked this topic