2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. Alex DeBrincat
Left Wing, Chicago Blackhawks
Stats: 82 GP, 41 G, 37 A, 78 Pts
Contract: 1 more season, $6.4 million AAV
Scoop: The question seems to be ‘when’ and not ‘if’ the Hawks will move the two-time 40-goal scorer. Is it this summer, or before next season’s trade deadline? If it seems odd that the rebuilding Blackhawks would want to move a sniper just hitting his prime with more goals than Nathan MacKinnon and Brad Marchand over the last four seasons, consider these three points: 1) DeBrincat is Chicago’s best trade chip to begin stockpiling future assets; 2) By the time Chicago gets to where they want, he will be middle-aged by NHL standards; 3) With a $9 million qualifying offer due at the end of next season, they’d need to pay big to keep him on what should be a struggling squad.

BTW I hate myself for liking the Hawks and this sport. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Terrible … is Hahn doing these deals? 

That's an AWFUL trade. A 24-year-old 40-goal scorer for two lottery tickets? The odds of finding a player at 7 and 39 to replace his production have to be incredibly low. 

I don't get this one. 

45 minutes ago, Tony said:

That's an AWFUL trade. A 24-year-old 40-goal scorer for two lottery tickets? The odds of finding a player at 7 and 39 to replace his production have to be incredibly low. 

I don't get this one. 

On the bright side the Hawks have really made it easy to not care.  I the only game I spent any amount of time paying attention to was the Pat Foley final game.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

On the bright side the Hawks have really made it easy to not care.  I the only game I spent any amount of time paying attention to was the Pat Foley final game.

Combined all season, I probably saw 1 1/2 periods of hockey from the Blackhawks. Felt nice. 

• Like 1

A hell of a career. One of the greatest defenseman in Blackhawks AND NHL history. The guy who arguably could've won the Smythe 3 times in the cup winning runs. He was that important to this franchise. Happy retirement to you and your family Duncan. We'll see your number in the rafters and you in the HHOF.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I read somewhere that sucks to the Blackhawks because they take the cap hit. i guess with the rebuild it doesn't matter much, but it could.

Yep, that's right.  Large hit next year to the cap, but thankfully it doesn't really affect the Hawks since they're tanking.  Would be a disaster if we were actually good/going for it.

Edited by dasox24

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I read somewhere that sucks to the Blackhawks because they take the cap hit. i guess with the rebuild it doesn't matter much, but it could.

Basically it stops them from making another bad contract for a draft pick trade to fill up that space.

Whatever Kane and Toews wanna do, I'll be in full support for. If they wanna stay and finish out their contract (or get traded at the deadline), fine. If they wanna leave, fine. They've earned that. Kane obviously has by far the most value out of those 3 so his decision is the most critical for this franchise.

I can careless what Seth wants but it would be nice if he says get me out of here.

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Whatever Kane and Toews wanna do, I'll be in full support for. If they wanna stay and finish out their contract (or get traded at the deadline), fine. If they wanna leave, fine. They've earned that. Kane obviously has by far the most value out of those 3 so his decision is the most critical for this franchise.

I can careless what Seth wants but it would be nice if he says get me out of here.

I am sure this was all orchestrated with the though of getting Kane and Toews to want to leave.

• bmags locked this topic