Tommy La Stella Emoji of a Target Discussion

bmags

The food boys have been manipulating me by capitalizing on my affection for La Stella by acting like the sox are interested in him.

I have been using the food boys in hopes that Tony LaRussa sees the tweets and calls up Jerry to sign him. It is a long shot, but I love Tommy La Stella.

Let me count the ways:

- Tommy La Stella strikes out less than Nick Madrigal but nobody calls him nellie fox because he actually hits for power as well.

- Tommy La Stella plays multiple infield positions with 2nd, 3rd and first. He's not particularly fast, but whatever, how hard is LF if we need him in a pinch? Nobody cares. We have Robert.

- Tommy La Stella is Left Handed and the last two years has had a 134 and 151 wRC+ vs right handed pitching

- Tommy La Stella walked 12% of the time last year.

Move him around and around, as long as he's in the lineup. 

He is my la stella, the star. Tony, please put him in my stocking this year.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

The food boys have been manipulating me by capitalizing on my affection for La Stella by acting like the sox are interested in him.

I have been using the food boys in hopes that Tony LaRussa sees the tweets and calls up Jerry to sign him. It is a long shot, but I love Tommy La Stella.

Let me count the ways:

- Tommy La Stella strikes out less than Nick Madrigal but nobody calls him nellie fox because he actually hits for power as well.

- Tommy La Stella plays multiple infield positions with 2nd, 3rd and first. He's not particularly fast, but whatever, how hard is LF if we need him in a pinch? Nobody cares. We have Robert.

- Tommy La Stella is Left Handed and the last two years has had a 134 and 151 wRC+ vs right handed pitching

reminds me of Zobrist signing with that northside team at the beginning of their run.

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Let me count the ways:

Sign La Stella and rotate the DH with Moncada, Madrigal, and Abreu? 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

La Stella would be a great super sub on this team. He'd definitely get some good playing time, especially when Vaughn is still in the minors. I assume he wants to sign somewhere as a starter, though.

DH and rotating around the infield I would think. But I think you're right. I think he signs somewhere to start at a position rather than mostly DH.

Edit: you can give Moncada's legs a break and DH him once a week.

Edited by manbearpuig

Depending on when the season actually starts and how Nick's shoulder surgery heals, there may be a logical opening for La Stella in the opening lineup. I have been a fan of his for quite some time. He works counts, is a lefty, has some pop and can play at least three positions fairly well. With Leury and him we would have an excellent bench. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If they signed him, wouldn't it suggest they'd be moving Madrigal for another cost controlled SP?

I don't think so, and he could start in DH/1b until vaughn gets up, then rotate among our infielders after that.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Tim Beckham was the depth add.  

I want good depth though. Maybe I am off on how much la stella will get. But he doesn't scream as someone that will get more than 10 mill in this market. I've seen a lot of 2 for $14 numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I don’t see why LaStella would be interested in a backup gig on the Sox when he could get a starting gig and probably more money with another team. Unless Madrigal is moved (which seems unlikely) the Sox are going to have a tough time getting these type of players to sign.

Agreed about the backup part but I think myself and others wouldn't mind him in a DH/rotating IF role where he could give Moncada at rest at 3B. I think its likely he gets a starting position in the field somewhere though.

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Let me count the ways:

So you're basically Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire yelling for La Stellaaaaaa.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

La Stella is an option depending on what else they do. Perfect fit. Probably more of a role elsewhere though. La Russa likes him from Anaheim. He’s gotten what he’s wanted so far. We’ll see. 

When you say “what else they do”, does that mean if they don’t sign Hendriks and go with a cheaper bullpen option?

16 hours ago, hi8is said:

For the record, we do realize he’s never been a full time player or received over 300 ab in a season... and he doesn’t have a better K rate than Madrigal is projected to have.

Just wanted to put that all out there. 

He ist also very injury Prone.

But for a two year deal he would be a pretty good get, he doesn't strike out much, walks quite a bit and also has gotten a bit of pop recently.

Could definitely be done, slow cook vaughn a little and platoon him a little with outfield and infield and you can find ABs for him.

52 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

That’s the way I understand it, yes. 

Fucking Reisndorf is totally going to blow this window for us by cheaping out.  I understand the need for budgets, but if a $7M salary puts your roster over the top the owner should be making an exception.  Hendriks, Quintana / Richards, & La Stella gives us a complete roster with some semblance of depth and a potential best in class bullpen come October.  An owner that is serious about winning a championship adds those guys and doesn’t blink an eye.  It’s absolutely sad what we have to deal with as Sox fans.

• Like 1