Tommy La Stella Emoji of a Target Discussion

bmags

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fucking Reisndorf is totally going to blow this window for us by cheaping out.  I understand the need for budgets, but if a $7M salary puts your roster over the top the owner should be making an exception.  Hendriks, Quintana / Richards, & La Stella gives us a complete roster with some semblance of depth and a potential best in class bullpen come October.  An owner that is serious about winning a championship adds those guys and doesn’t blink an eye.  It’s absolutely sad what we have to deal with as Sox fans.

Agreed. He's not serious about winning though. He never has been. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 8:40 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Fucking Reisndorf is totally going to blow this window for us by cheaping out.  I understand the need for budgets, but if a $7M salary puts your roster over the top the owner should be making an exception.  Hendriks, Quintana / Richards, & La Stella gives us a complete roster with some semblance of depth and a potential best in class bullpen come October.  An owner that is serious about winning a championship adds those guys and doesn’t blink an eye.  It’s absolutely sad what we have to deal with as Sox fans.

I would like this...we have 1/3 so far.  I would prefer Richards/Kluber over Q though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yeah but Mendick can't hit. I'm looking for someone who wouldn't be a black hole in the lineup if Anderson goes on the DL.

La Stella could not play SS. We'd be in Beckham/Leury territory assuming no Madrigal. And realistically it's Leury.

Man, I am so torn about Madrigal. The analytics guy in me knows getting Castillo, Gray, or Woodruff greatly enhances our chances of winning a world series over Madrigal. It squarely puts us in the Dodgers/Padres/Braves/Yankees category (probably above Yankees). I completely understand that Madrigal in today's game doesn't really add as much value as it would seem - HOWEVER god damnit i love madrigal. he's the everyday guy grinding, the small guy against the odds, slapping the ball around the field, playing old school. he just embodies the white sox and the south side. grinding out at-bats, putting the bat on the ball. he's a thousand cliches rolled into one fat cigar. and i like smoking that cigar and want to see him on the sox for the next 10 years. I want that feeling when he gets up with two outs and nobody on that the inning isn't over.. that he's going to be able to knock a single and turn that lineup over to anderson who can double him home or another single that leads to Moncada/Abreu/Eloy/Robert. There's just not another carbon copy of Madrigal out there. he's a special throwback guy and i want that on my team. 

That being said i get that mednick can pick up slack ... that lastella can do that too & our team is probably better with a rotation of Giolito, Keuchel, Gray, Lynn, Kopech, Cease and knowing that you have those guys at reasonable prices for a bit too. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yeah but Mendick can't hit. I'm looking for someone who wouldn't be a black hole in the lineup if Anderson goes on the DL.

Mendick could back up. So can Leury. If you need someone to start for a long period of time, it would probably be Leury or they call up Beckham, who actually still needs to serve some of his suspension from 2 seasons ago (he wasn't with a team last year).

Edited by manbearpuig