Blake Snell and Yu Darvish traded to San Diego

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

If that's the return on Snell I think the dreams of acquiring either Marquez or Castillo are dead.

Eh....yeah. 

What would the Sox equivalent package be? Obviously Kopech=Patino, but idk if they could have matched that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Eh....yeah. 

What would the Sox equivalent package be? Obviously Kopech=Patino, but idk if they could have matched that. 

Wilcox = Kelly
Hunt = Sheets?

Hard to say exactly what Mejia is worth right now given that he's 24 and has struggled, but he was a top 20 prospect at one point. Collins would be the closest in the Sox system, but he has next to no value imo and I don't think that's true of Mejia.

Never mind on Hunt, looks like he's a legit catching prospect. White Sox package would have to look drastically different than this one and would have to include Kopech and Vaughn most likely to match the return here.

Edited by TomPickle

Just now, Sarava said:

You gotta admire San Diego's aggressiveness. The Clevinger trade has a setback, so they go and get an even better #1.

Yeah, I hate the Padres but they have the depth to make these moves.  And that’s another reason why us not spending our full international bonus pool is so stupid as it’s potential prospect currency going to waste.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, I hate the Padres but they have the depth to make these moves.  And that’s another reason why us not spending our full international bonus pool is so stupid as it’s potential prospect currency going to waste.

JR needs currency for the afterlife. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I think Snell tend to get overrated and this package is actually pretty right for him. If it was Gore instead of Patino, it would have been a serious overpay.

If you go by MLB prospect grades, Patino is 55, Wilcox 50, Hunt 45. For Sox it would have been similar to Crochet/Stiever/Collins/Rutherford for Snell. Wilcox might have more upside than Stiever so Padres might push for someone like Kelley instead. I'd do the former however.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I think Snell tend to get overrated and this package is actually pretty right for him. If it was Gore instead of Patino, it would have been a serious overpay.

If you go by MLB prospect grades, Patino is 55, Wilcox 50, Hunt 45. For Sox it would have been similar to Crochet/Stiever/Collins/Rutherford for Snell. Wilcox might have more upside than Stiever so Padres might push for someone like Kelley instead. I'd do the former however.

I think most people here would have been perfectly fine giving up Crochet/Stiever/Collins/Rutherford for a few years of cheap control of Snell. 

Getting Blake Snell without giving up Kopech or Vaughn would have been a massive steal, especially with Crochet's elbow prolly being a ticking time bomb.

• Like 1