Blake Snell and Yu Darvish traded to San Diego

Sleepy Harold

20 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Donald Trump

He would offer a signed Brent Lillibridge batting glove for $$$ (unmarked bills) + Darvish as a throw in, not budge when rejected, because art of the deal,  go play a shitty and falsified round of golf, probably from in front of the women's tee, and then after the Padres acquired Darvish from the Cubs and the ink was dry, yell until the deaf would hear him that Kopech, Vaughn, and Rick Hahn's firstborn were also part of the rejected deal all along. And that's exactly how that would go.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

He would offer a signed Brent Lillibridge batting glove for Cash ($$$) + Darvish as a throw in, not budge when reneged, because art of the deal,  go play a shitty and falsified round of golf, probably from in front of the women's tee, and then after the Padres acquired Darvish from the Cubs and the ink was dry, yell until the deaf would hear him that Kopech, Vaughn, and Rick Hahn's firstborn were also part of the reneged deal all along. 

Are you trying to be funny? Or just stupid ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I expected Snell to cost more than Darvish for obvious reasons, but I would have never guessed the cost would have been this different.  This trade is absolutely bonkers and Preller / the Padres ownership group deserve a ton of credit for prioritizing talent / winning over money.

Can you imagine how absolutely BONKERS this board would be if we got BOTH Snell and Darvish? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Funny to see his name pop up. He gave me a bat he cracked once before a game at the cell circa 2011 or 2012. Forget which year it was exactly. Love that kid.

Just looked it up and can't believe Brent has been out of the league for 7 years!!

I feel old 

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Can you imagine how absolutely BONKERS this board would be if we got BOTH Snell and Darvish? 

Imagine if we got Darvish and Lynn even?  I’m sure the Cubs would expected more from us, but the price really wasn’t that crazy.  Just sucks as we really don’t have a bunch of younger 45 FV type prospects outside of Thompson & Dalquist and they’re both top 10 guys for us.  This is where us failing to spend our full international bonus pool and not having a 2020 minor league season really hurts, as our limited crop of LatAm & HS talent missed out on the opportunity to move from the 40 to 45 FV level.

14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Funny to see his name pop up. He gave me a bat he cracked once before a game at the cell circa 2011 or 2012. Forget which year it was exactly. Love that kid.

He went on a crazy homer tear that one year.

Not unlike that crazy Golden Gopher going 8/9 the other night from 3 after being 2/10 previously.  

Everyone has their 15 minutes of fame.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

He went on a crazy homer tear that one year.

Not unlike that crazy Golden Gopher going 8/9 the other night from 3 after being 2/10 previously.  

Everyone has their 15 minutes of fame.

Even more than the homers, I seem to remember Lillibridge going on an unbelievable  stretch of outstanding catches in the outfield in the later innings to save a couple of games.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Even more than the homers, I seem to remember Lillibridge going on an unbelievable  stretch of outstanding catches in the outfield in the later innings to save a couple of games.

Against the Yankees in New York, none the less.

• Like 1