Blake Snell and Yu Darvish traded to San Diego

Sleepy Harold

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Snell is a bonafide ace. Tier 1 starter. Star. He'd be a national star on any other team.

Darvish is a stud, long track record of ace success.

Keuchel had a couple of great years. 

lol. Jose Abreu isn’t a star but Blake Snell is? Now I know you’re just trolling. And Keuchel has had a better career than Snell too. I guess there’s another star signed by the Sox.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Snell is a bonafide ace. Tier 1 starter. Star. He'd be a national star on any other team.

Snell had had one amazing year two seasons ago. He's been an all-star once. The next year he pitched half a season with ok numbers.

10 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I don’t agree with your descriptions of Snell and Keuchel. You’re either overrating Snell or underrating Keuchel. 

If Snell didn’t have that one phenomenal year, people would not think as highly of him. And I’m not trying to take that year away from him. It absolutely counts and he deserves credit for it, but it’s not like he’s come close to repeating that year ever. 

Edited by SoxBlanco
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else amazed that COVID doesn’t exist in San Diego?

I think enough of us have been paying attention enough to know any claims of crying poor from JR using Covid as an excuse are at least partially bullshit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I bet the Sox call Hendrik’s agent everyday and throw low ball offers at him. That’s their definition of being aggressive. Lol

JR'S cheapness has at least given me unlimited, giddy replay value in MLB video games to construct "fantasy" rosters comprised of players we were "supposed" to get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Hendriks in this market is too expensive then our contention window is already doomed.

What you posted earlier is so true.  Jr is to blame for most of this.  Always tripping on a 20 to pick up a dollar.  It's his fault for tatis.  Not wanting to pick up Shields full salary was obviously the reason tatis was involved in the trade.  The trading  Internatonal pool money to the rangers cost the sox a potentially good player.  Everything you said is so spot on. He's so short sighted. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I think enough of us have been paying attention enough to know any claims of crying poor from JR using Covid as an excuse are at least partially bullshit.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else amazed that COVID doesn’t exist in San Diego?

We know that the Padres majority owner has a controlling interest greater than 50%. Do we know if JR has a controlling share (greater than 50%) of the White Sox? Not defending Sox ownership, but the politics impacting goal setting in each organization could be vastly different. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Last I heard he seemed to think even he might be too expensive

Jesse Rogers is saying this but even if you remove the food guys and Cishek, everyone who is connected to the Sox (Merkin, Nightengale, the NBC Sports guys and James Fox) say otherwise. They let us know instantly they could not afford Brantley which was pathetic that they did that but have not done so with Hendriks. I’m staying optimistic.

2 minutes ago, LeeElia said:

We know that the Padres majority owner has a controlling interest greater than 50%. Do we know if JR has a controlling share (greater than 50%) of the White Sox? Not defending Sox ownership, but the politics impacting goal setting in each organization could be vastly different. 

It’s a fair question but I’m pretty sure that Reinsdorf has absolute power as Chairman despite a lack of controlling interest.

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Jesse Rogers is saying this but even if you remove the food guys and Cishek, everyone who is connected to the Sox (Merkin, Nightengale, the NBC Sports guys and James Fox) say otherwise. They let us know instantly they could not afford Brantley which was pathetic that they did that but have not done so with Hendriks. I’m staying optimistic.

To be fair, they said they couldn’t afford Brantley and achieve their other offseason objectives.