Blake Snell and Yu Darvish traded to San Diego

Sleepy Harold

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Davies is a rental.  Cubs fans should be disappointed.

The Dunning deal makes sense now. The deals from earlier for campusano, etc made me wonder how dead weight Heyward was.

Excellent job by Padres, but cubs may very well have gotten some great pieces.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I absolutely love how the Padres did this all by using their 6-20 prospects.  I’ve always thought the top guys are way more vital than the depth guys.

Well, you need a good 6-20 with upside. Can’t just be a bunch of 24 year olds 2 years out of college in AA looking like 4th outfielders or fringe starters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

The Sox just need to continue building up their farm system and stop trading international money away. 

Jerry doesn't like spending money on 16 year olds, remember? 

They'll continue to corner the market on 18-23 year old Cubans. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I doubt it. The cubs have no pitching now. Lost 4 starters. Need to fill in the rotation some how 

Mills threw a no hitter and is good, Alzolay is ok. The Sox had only one more performing starter entering last year’s playoffs. Keuchel’s performance made it a single good starter. Yes, it was Ricky’s fault.

fWAR 2021 Projections:

Cubs: Hendricks 2.6; Mills 1.2; Alzolay 1.3; ? and ? (Perhaps low cost free agents).

Sox: Giolito 2.9 ; Lynn 2.7 ; Keuchel 1.7; Kopech 1.3; Cease 1.1.

I don’t see a “multi championship” rotation at this point.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I wonder how the Twins fans are feeling right now when a lot of people had Darvish being traded to them and now they may lose Odorizzi to another team as well. 

They still have Nick Cage who will still pwn the Sox, with the possibility they will acquire more. Sox may have one more bullet in the chamber, expecting another blue light special Eaton dud vs. a stud.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Jerry doesn't like spending money on 16 year olds, remember? 

They'll continue to corner the market on 18-23 year old Cubans. 

Hopefully they'll make a exception on the youngest tatis if there isn't a international draft by then.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Mills threw a no hitter and is good, Alzolay is ok. The Sox had only one more performing starter entering last year’s playoffs. Keuchel’s performance made it a single good starter. Yes, it was Ricky’s fault.

fWAR 2021 Projections:

Cubs: Hendricks 2.6; Mills 1.2; Alzolay 1.3; ? and ? (Perhaps low cost free agents).

Sox: Giolito 2.9 ; Lynn 2.7 ; Keuchel 1.7; Kopech 1.3; Cease 1.1.

I don’t see a “multi championship” rotation at this point.

They still have Nick Cage who will still pwn the Sox, with the possibility they will acquire more. Sox may have one more bullet in the chamber, expecting another blue light special Eaton dud vs. a stud.

White-Sox-21.png

This is without Eaton and Lynn. 

Giolito is projected for 5.6 and Keuchel for 3.5 WAR. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Doubt they are worried about us right now, we have a chance to put a strangle hold on the division for the next 5 years and we are letting the opportunity pass us by. 

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Probably like they can take the Sox anyway. 

Yes, I’m sure the Twins feel great that a team that was already even with them last year (to be charitable to the Twins) added a top starter to its rotation while the Twins themselves have done nothing.  🙄

• Like 1

Really  surprised this happened without any of the Pads top players, but this is what happens when you are willing to take on salary right now.  Most surprised that the entire Cubs package is guys who are on a 2023 to 2025 type of schedule.  Could be a great deal, but they are all SO far away.

• Like 1