Benetti & Stone Rank #2 on FGs Broadcaster Crowsourcing Results

Sleepy Harold

"Benetti strikes a near-perfect balance between taking the game seriously and just sitting back and enjoying baseball."

"One of my favorite booths in the game. They mix “new school” analytics with classic analysis and seem to have an enjoyable time doing it."

Those two quotes sum up why I love this pairing.

• Like 4

The comedy Schtick gets old, but Jason is a solid announcer. Stone can be good when he gets over himself (on and off air) and sticks to analysis.

Most looking forward to Len Kasper and the radio broadcasts, and hearing Len work with Jason on podcasts and when Stone is off.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The comedy Schtick gets old, but Jason is a solid announcer. Stone can be good when he gets over himself (on and off air) and sticks to analysis.

Most looking forward to Len Kasper and the radio broadcasts, and hearing Len work with Jason on podcasts and when Stone is off.

Jason is really funny. I just think he tries too hard sometimes. It's almost as if he still looks over and says to himself, OMG, I am in the booth with Steve Stone. Steve is fine, although he does seem to occasionally have a need to be the smartest baseball person around, and that gets awkward.

I read an article about Kasper and it pretty much is in line with what I think. If Harry going from the Sox to the Cubs was a 10, Len going from the Cubs to the Sox was a 2. I must admit I heckle my Cubs fan friends with the fact the guy is willing to take a significant pay cut to do Sox games on radio than Cubs games on TV, but to me he is milquetoast. 

Edited by Dick Allen

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Jason is really funny. I just think he tries too hard sometimes. It's almost as if he still looks over and says to himself, OMG, I am in the booth with Steve Stone. Steve is fine, although he does seem to occasionally have a need to be the smartest baseball person around, and that gets awkward.

I read an article about Kasper and it pretty much is in line with what I think. If Harry going from the Sox to the Cubs was a 10, Len going from the Cubs to the Sox was a 2. I must admit I heckle my Cubs fan friends with the fact the guy is willing to take a significant pay cut to do Sox games on radio than Cubs games on TV, but to me he is milquetoast. 

IMore stoked about having Kasper in the booth on the radio side than any Cub taunting/impact. He is a good announcer, and I'll get used to his Kermit the Frog voice. I don't watch Cubs games much, but he seemed really interesting on his interview with the Score the day he was hired. Jason joined the show and they talked about a podcast and other things.

Andy was OK, but the broadcast was awkward at times last season, though understandable with the COVID / call road games, Andy's inexperience and being new as a team beyond Andy filling in for a sick Farmeo the previous season. I expect them to hit the ground running. Harry / Piersall still the gold standard, Rooney / Farmer next best, Hawk was OK with the Double D, after that not so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

"Benetti strikes a near-perfect balance between taking the game seriously and just sitting back and enjoying baseball."

"One of my favorite booths in the game. They mix “new school” analytics with classic analysis and seem to have an enjoyable time doing it."

Those two quotes sum up why I love this pairing.

I 100% agree. The humor is needed; this doesn't need to be the most serious thing in the world. I feel Stone contributes a whole lot more now that Hawk is retired as well. I will always appreciate Hawk, but sometimes change is good/necessary.