Evan Marshall avoids Arb, signs for 2M

Sleepy Harold

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

That only leaves Giolito and ReyLo in the process for the Sox.  I have to imagine Rey settles, and I REALLY hope a long term deal is put together for GIo.

It would be nice to get Gio locked up long term, I worry that he will end up testing free agency though 

Numbers have lined up with the MLB Trade Rumors projections (column 2, prorated 2020 stats to 162 games).

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/10/projected-arbitration-salaries-for-2021.html

Signed (Projected P vs. Signing S)

• Engel $1.4M P vs. $1.37M S
  • Fry $1.0M P vs. $0.86M S
  • Marshall $1.9M P vs. $2.0M S

Pending

• Giolito $5.3M P vs. ???
  • Lopez $2.2M P vs. ???

Hard Pass

• Mazara $5.9M P vs. Team / $ ???
  • Rodon $4.5M P vs. Team / $ ???

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Numbers have lined up with the MLB Trade Rumors projections (column 2, prorated 2020 stats to 162 games).

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/10/projected-arbitration-salaries-for-2021.html

Signed (Projected P vs. Signing S)

• Engel $1.4M P vs. $1.37M S
  • Fry $1.0M P vs. $0.86M S
  • Marshall $1.9M P vs. $2.0M S

Pending

• Giolito $5.3M P vs. ???
  • Lopez $2.2M P vs. ???

Hard Pass

• Mazara $5.9M P vs. Team / $ ???
  • Rodon $4.5M P vs. Team / $ ???

The ship has likely sailed, but I would be in support of brining Rodon back for like 1/$2M.  Can never have enough rotation options, and while he sucked out of the pen in a very SSS in 2020, I think he could be effective there with more work.  Not a bad guy to have around.  But I am sure he'd prefer a chance somewhere he's guaranteed a rotation spot, or at least a little easier to get one.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

It would be nice to get Gio locked up long term, I worry that he will end up testing free agency though 

Gio seems like the kind of guy who will want to be part of this competitive window...and RH knows how to whisper the right words in his target's ear.  Having Katz in our corner doesn't hurt the chances either.  I think Rick will get this done.

• Like 1