My 5 Favorite WS Players

poppysox

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Rookie .340 hitter at that. People don't like clever hitters. The sad thing is, if the Sox trade him, he's only going to get stronger and better. 

Good chance if traded that he would haunt us for 15 years.  He is a throwback player and that is out of fashion by some on this forum.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Rookie .340 hitter at that. People don't like clever hitters. The sad thing is, if the Sox trade him, he's only going to get stronger and better. 

I don't want a lineup full of them, but having one or two when you have as much power throughout the rest of the lineup as the Sox have is pretty valuable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I don't want a lineup full of them, but having one or two when you have as much power throughout the rest of the lineup as the Sox have is pretty valuable.

I don’t understand Madrigal hate at all. I’d much rather have him over a power-first bat at a similar OPS. I’m hoping his 60-grade fielding and 70-grade speed show up at some point, but he still has great lead off potential. If he doesn’t make it there then he’d be one of the best #9 hitters in the league. A perfect skill set to move runners already on base or take an extra base on a Tim base hit. 

4 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

I don’t understand Madrigal hate at all. I’d much rather have him over a power-first bat at a similar OPS. I’m hoping his 60-grade fielding and 70-grade speed show up at some point, but he still has great lead off potential. If he doesn’t make it there then he’d be one of the best #9 hitters in the league. A perfect skill set to move runners already on base or take an extra base on a Tim base hit. 

It will be interesting to see where TR puts him in the batting order.  He has the skillset for leadoff, #2, or #9.  My guess today would be out of the #9 position but TR will do what he thinks works with the other parts.

He clearly doesn’t have 70 grade speed. Speed doesn’t come and go. He appears to have limited ability at second base. That noodle arm isn’t going to be turning a high number of double plays. Mendick outplayed him by far defensively, showing greater range, quickness and ability to turn the double play. It wasn’t just the errors that makes madrigal’s defense questionable. He’s very slow getting to the ball and of course the arm is barely adequate at best.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Surprised that not one ballot gives a vote to Grandal.

Yes, the two high priced 2020 free agents * are not on anyone’s list so far. There are eight additional players on the  40 Man roster with no votes who appeared in 10 or more games last season.

• Cease
  • Cordero
  • Foster
  • Fry
  • Garcia
  • Grandal *
  • Heuer
  • Keuchel *
  • Marshall
  • Mendick

Of these, I really liked Cordero and Foster for stepping up last year and performing better than most people expected heading into the season.

Cease is my pick for most improved in 2021.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, the two high priced 2020 free agents * are not on anyone’s list so far. There are eight additional players on the  40 Man roster with no votes who appeared in 10 or more games last season.

• Cease
  • Cordero
  • Foster
  • Fry
  • Garcia
  • Grandal *
  • Heuer
  • Keuchel *
  • Marshall
  • Mendick

Of these, I really liked Cordero and Foster for stepping up last year and performing better than most people expected heading into the season.

Cease is my pick for most improved in 2021.

If Cease wins most improved...Katz wins MVP.

• Like 1