Sox still talking with Colome

southsider2k5

15 hours ago, ron883 said:

That would be overkill. Whatever Colome costs would be better served going to Q

I think overkill is the wrong word. Unrealistic. Unaffordable perhaps. But not overkill. The Braves rotation in the 90s would have been overkill but that seemed to work out. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Why would I not point out things that are incorrect?

This is a message forum. People constantly argue. This is nothing new. Complaining about someone arguing on a message forum is oblivious and futile. 

When it’s not wrong (and that wasn’t wrong) and you flood the discussion with lengthy, unending arguments to the point that mods have to scold you, I think enough is enough. Say you don’t agree, allow the person to respond and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

You're that down on Cease?? He hasn't even had the equivalent of one full rookie season starting. That just seems way too pessimistic for a young guy with so much promise. You don't think the Sox should be putting him out there again?  Because I sure do; there's so much potential. Any sense at all says you've got to see what Cease and Kopech can do next year. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/dylan-cease/18525/stats?position=P

Cease sucks at baseball right now. He may be good someday, but the window is open now.

His BB/9IP, K/9IP, & HR/9IP all say that he sucks. He & Kopech should go fuck off in Charlotte, & find the strike zone.

If they can find the strike zone later in 2021, they can rejoin the roster. But counting on a fucking walkathon like Cease to start the season is stoopid.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Why would I not point out things that are incorrect?

This is a message forum. People constantly argue. This is nothing new. Complaining about someone arguing on a message forum is oblivious and futile. 

You kind of sound like a nagging wife. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Then I'm in good company here, I guess. *Shrugs*

Again, singling out one person on a forum for arguing is bizarre.

No, you take the napalm approach of arguing with everyone, getting called out on it by multiple members, and thinking everyone else is the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Tony said:

No, you take the napalm approach of arguing with everyone, getting called out on it by multiple members, and thinking everyone else is the problem. 

"Everyone." Hyperbole certainly won't make you correct.

Everyone gets called out by multiple members for things they say. I'm no different. Doesn’t make me wrong.

Who is "everyone else?" So no one ever agrees with me, is that it?

See? You just made a bunch or generalized or faulty statements. I guess calling you out for that means I'm at fault for something here?

Give me a break. People just get annoyed when their ridiculous fallacies are called out for being just that. No one wants to be wrong.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

Colome got the job done the last few years, and that is because he’s mastered a craft, one that is not driven by crazy talent.  

I am worried, will he have to re-master his craft when his stuff begins regressing more over the next few years.  It’s possible he could get even smarter with his pitch selection and when/how to use his cutter.  I’d just rather not bank on that.

Give me the guy who misses more bats and puts less runners on base. 

I am also a big fan of high energy, dominating closers.  I feel like it just brings something extra to the team.  I also think the guys playing behind Hendriks will be more confident and comfortable during the 9th inning.

If we end up with Colome, I won’t be like upset especially if it’s cheap, and because we have in house options.  I just think it’s time to go in a different direction.

As far as overpaying for Hendriks, I do understand it’s not our money, but it does dictates what other moves we make, including unloading prospects.  I also don’t want them “running out of money.“  If they did have 25mil to spend and I had confidence they would spend it wisely to fill multiple holes, I’d be more against spending a lot on Hendriks. 

But I do not trust them to make those moves with the extra money, so when they are heavily rumored to finally spend big money, and the player they are spending on is elite, I fucking want this move to happen so badly.  We are spending a lot of money on an elite player!  Both are things we should be celebrating. I understand the money could potentially be used to get more value at another position, could be used more efficiently to fill multiple holes, etc., but they realistically could also not spend it all, or spend it on a bunch of garbage who don’t add up to Hendriks as a whole.  

Spend money on the elite player who will make the White Sox a better team.  I’d rather deal with the consequences of this signing this offseason.  I’m sure they will be able to grab a couple more guys anyways.  

And I’m writing this with an understanding that at times, this contract won’t be great over whole 4 years, but it’s not a contract that will cripple this team.   There might even be decent opportunity to trade him depending on the situation over his contract.

Edited by Sambuca
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

"Everyone." Hyperbole certainly won't make you correct.

Everyone gets called out by multiple members for things they say. I'm no different. Doesn’t make me wrong.

Who is "everyone else?" So no one ever agrees with me, is that it?

See? You just made a bunch or generalized or faulty statements. I guess calling you out for that means I'm at fault for something here?

Give me a break. People just get annoyed when their ridiculous fallacies are called out for being just that. No one wants to be wrong.

All you guys talk about is “hyperbole.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sambuca said:

All you guys talk about is “hyperbole.”

Yeah, because God forbid you ever need to be literal to make an actual argument rather than use unsubstantiated nonsense. How unreasonable of me to expect something logical, right?

Edited by RagahRagah

Tony LaRussa and his friend in a bar

Tony LaRussa and his friend are hours into their night when Tony pukes on himself.

"Oh man," Tony slurs, "my wife is going to kill me, I'm drunk, I'm late, and now I've puked on my shirt."

"No, no, no." His buddy replies. "Here, give me $20."

Tony is confused, but hands over the twenty. His friend takes it and stuffs it in Tony's shirt pocket.

"There." Tony's friend says, "Now when you get home, tell your wife some rich guy puked on you and gave you $20 for your shirt."

The drunks, now proud of this idea, keep drinking.

When Tony gets home, his wife is up waiting for him, visibly angry.

"Look at you", she sneers, "you're late, you're drunk, and you've thrown up on yourself."

"No, no, no," Tony says, waving her off, "Some rich guy puked on me and gave me $20 for my shirt!"

Tony takes the money out of his pocket and hands it to her.

"You idiot," she says, " there's $40 here."

Tony replies, "Yeah he shit in my pants as well!"

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I like Soxtalk because the “hyperbole” is bountiful, but the subsequent dashing dialogue about, not only the meaning of the word, but the art of its usage.

Sorry, I thought I might have gone a little too far with this one and the 28 minutes of no responses confirms that.  Not sure what happened here.

37 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Tony LaRussa and his friend in a bar

Tony LaRussa and his friend are hours into their night when Tony pukes on himself.

"Oh man," Tony slurs, "my wife is going to kill me, I'm drunk, I'm late, and now I've puked on my shirt."

"No, no, no." His buddy replies. "Here, give me $20."

Tony is confused, but hands over the twenty. His friend takes it and stuffs it in Tony's shirt pocket.

"There." Tony's friend says, "Now when you get home, tell your wife some rich guy puked on you and gave you $20 for your shirt."

The drunks, now proud of this idea, keep drinking.

When Tony gets home, his wife is up waiting for him, visibly angry.

"Look at you", she sneers, "you're late, you're drunk, and you've thrown up on yourself."

"No, no, no," Tony says, waving her off, "Some rich guy puked on me and gave me $20 for my shirt!"

Tony takes the money out of his pocket and hands it to her.

"You idiot," she says, " there's $40 here."

Tony replies, "Yeah he shit in my pants as well!"

What year was this?

Apparently quite a few of you have a need to not come to a logical closing point. 

It's as if you think logic is pedantic. Sorry, no one is going to twist my arguments into something they aren't. The incessant use of "everyone" to attempt to push a personal bias into the realm of reality doesn't work, sorry.

We all have arguments and we all take heat from numerous people. If you have to claim "everyone" does anything... you're wrong and you never had a let to stand on. and I never do that because I am not hypocrite and actually believe the words I am saying. If you can't and aren't, then just let it go.

If you have a problem with that and just wanna stick your head in the sand, then putting me on ignore is a great service to me, too. I would encourage it.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1