Trade Whispers - Starting Pitchers

Chicago White Sox

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I dunno, I know a few of them, and they still haven't gotten over the 2005 ALCS 😂

Just because it's an easy target. How many of them can tell you anything about the '82 or '86 team?  (I go to a LOT of Angels games btw - the families will show up and they'll care about that day's game, but they really don't care longterm. Just like the Ducks.)

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Marco Gonzalez and Kyle Seager is such a White Sox move, it makes me absolutely sick. 

If I was a betting man, my money is on Marco Gonzalez when a trade gets done (not sure about Seager).

Portillos has to have a source because when he is making stuff up he makes no sense. He has mentioned the Sox may absorb Seagers or Alex Cobbs contract for a mediocre pitcher. There is zero chance of that. JR doesn’t like paying guys who can help him win that much money, let alone contract dumps.

Edited by Dick Allen

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I wanna hate Gonzalez and don't particularly want to spend on him but he's like a way better pitcher than I remember every single time I look.

On twitter a couple days ago someone asked what the Heuer/Stiever/Collins package would land and I replied Gonzalez and that I hoped I was wrong. But with you, since looking at his numbers he's solid and cheap until his last season. Had no idea he was that good last season. 

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Portillos has to have a source because when he is making stuff up he makes no sense. He has mentioned the Sox may absorb Seagers or Alex Cobbs contract for a mediocre pitcher. There is zero chance of that. JR doesn’t like paying guys who can help him win that much money, let alone contract dumps.

To be fair, I don’t think he’s saying we would do that but rather it’s what smarts teams would do to minimize prospect cost.

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. I love just about everything at Portillos, but their burgers lack taste. They look great, but we’re always disappointing to me.

Portillo's burgers are the best I've ever had. I'm a plain burger guy. I don't need all of the fancy toppings and buns. Pretzel buns are an abomination.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How is Kyle Seager a White Sox move?

Guys that have had their best years elsewhere, are overpriced for what their output is. Middle of the road average Joes type players like Edwin/Nomar of last year. 

bad average with some pop

no upside 

• Quin locked this topic