Trade Whispers - Starting Pitchers

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Wisebri224 said:

Here comes the cost controlled 4th starter........or if it's LaStella does that mean Madrigal's days are numbered......???

I don't like the idea of trading Madrigal unless it's for a really good cost controlled starter.  (Woodruff, Castillo, Burnes, Gray I could be talked into).

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't like the idea of trading Madrigal unless it's for a really good cost controlled starter.  (Woodruff, Castillo, Burnes, Gray I could be talked into).

Agreed and I'm thinking it comes from that list you have.  You trade from your depth to upgrade and open up more funds if needed at trade deadline

1 minute ago, Wisebri224 said:

Agreed and I'm thinking it comes from that list you have.  You trade from your depth to upgrade and open up more funds if needed at trade deadline

He's not going for a Musgrove (or probably even Gray) type starter. He's going for a Castillo or Gonzalez.

4 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

I'm laughing at the Red Sox fans on Twitter thinking they are getting Gray ++ from Cincy for Benintendi.  Don't have the heart to tell them that price ship has sailed:).  LOL

Hey!  They should shoot for the moon.  The dude almost had 5 hits last season!

Edit *** this is true.  He was 4/39 with 1 double.  

Edited by turnin' two
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I wonder what it would take.. Stiever?  

For Benintendi? I wouldn't trade the Red Sox anything more than Reynaldo Lopez. Benintendi hasn't been good in like 3 years. I don't get this board's obsession with him.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not necessarily about him, it's about the unwritten code of sports management ethics. You'd really piss his agent off, for one.

The Padres literally just traded their over-slot 2020 pick for Blake Snell.  The treatment of draft picks is very much different than that of free agents who are actually making a decision to sign with you over other teams.

23 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

I'm laughing at the Red Sox fans on Twitter thinking they are getting Gray ++ from Cincy for Benintendi.  Don't have the heart to tell them that price ship has sailed:).  LOL

This is why Boston fans exist. 

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Let's see both a 1 or 2 year extension for Lynn and a 5-6 year extension with Giolito!

IF we trade for a controllable starter, without trading Kopech or Cease, I do not get the need to extend Lynn..  Just let it play out.  If Cease sucks again, you extend him.  If Cease is good, you pass.

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic