Madrigal could be ready for opening day

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, whitesoxbrad said:

You mean for our whitesox, they would be crazy to trade him, so he won't hit many home runs, who cares, he hits, he fields and he can run and he knows how to play the game. 

Runs into outs you mean :)

but seriously, how about he shows he can field and run effectively before we say they’re strengths

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Merkin couldn’t ask him what his new uniform number will be and include that in the article? Come on, Merk.

Seriously though, still a fan of Madrigal and I think if he plays 150+ games this year, he’ll win over a lot of people that are obsessed with exit velocity. He’s going to be a great 9-hole hitter on a good team. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

but seriously, how about he shows he can field and run effectively before we say they’re strengths

No shit.  Kid is the dumbest "smart player" I ever saw.  Guess they just give that label to you if you're 5-7" and on the "freedom fighter" color tone scale.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

I see Soxtalk is Soxtalking.  Madrigal has played a grand total of 29 games and has had 109 plate appearances at the major league level...and we're writing him off as garbage because he made a few rookie mistakes.  He batted .340 in those 109 plate appearances and played a pretty good second base.  Maybe we give him a full season before deciding he's trash.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

He played in 29 regular season games and 3 playoff games in his first season, if you and the rest on this site can't see that he is an all around complete BASEBALL player there is nothing more i can say besides remember moncada when he first came up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flavum said:

Merkin couldn’t ask him what his new uniform number will be and include that in the article? Come on, Merk.

Seriously though, still a fan of Madrigal and I think if he plays 150+ games this year, he’ll win over a lot of people that are obsessed with exit velocity. He’s going to be a great 9-hole hitter on a good team. 

There was someone on here 4 or 5  years ago who told me when I commented after watching TA during his rookie year that he may have 20 HR power some day, the ball really seemed to carry off his bat, that his exit velo told a different story. I don't think Madrigal will ever have 25 Homer pop, but it will be more than the one or two the haters seem to think he will top out at.

8 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I see Soxtalk is Soxtalking.  Madrigal has played a grand total of 29 games and has had 109 plate appearances at the major league level...and we're writing him off as garbage because he made a few rookie mistakes.  He batted .340 in those 109 plate appearances and played a pretty good second base.  Maybe we give him a full season before deciding he's trash.

Great analysis, his hitting skills our outstanding and once he gets baseball strong he will be someone that will be a huge plus for this team.

7 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Nick Madrigal discussions have become insufferable on Soxtalk. I don't know why I read them anymore.

There is never any grey area, with almost all topics. There is a large group that has absolutely made up their minds about Nick after 29 games and it will take a gargantuan effort for him to change the minds of those people. 

I 1000% disagree with that line of thinking, but such is life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Eckstein 2.0

My favorite David Eckstein anecdote is the fact he was named to the Jewish All American Baseball team. David had to break the news he is not Jewish.

https://www.espn.com/talent/danpatrick/s/2002/0828/1424027.html

Nick Madrigal is listed as two inches taller than David.

36 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

That would require patience which is in very short supply on Soxtalk.