2021 Catch-All

SoxAce

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

That's the exact one I'm looking at. Thank you for the feedback. I have an employer iPad but feel better keeping personal stuff off it. Since my phone and watch are both Samsung it seems like a good idea to stay in the family. 

I also have 3 Samsung TVs and they have all been really good for me. I'd definitely recommend the brand to anyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

I also have 3 Samsung TVs and they have all been really good for me. I'd definitely recommend the brand to anyone.

I should have mentioned, I have a Samsung TV as well. I'm becoming a Samsung fanboy. 

I'll be drilling a 1/2" hole in the roof of my travel trailer to install solar panels. Despite having woodworking and general handyman skills and experience,  I cringe each time I think about it. Philosophically I believe cutting any holes in something that is suppose to keep out water is a bad idea. But I just don't like any of the alternatives. 

I practiced with a circuit that has been powering my landscaping lights the past six months. 

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'll be drilling a 1/2" hole in the roof of my travel trailer to install solar panels. Despite having woodworking and general handyman skills and experience,  I cringe each time I think about it. Philosophically I believe cutting any holes in something that is suppose to keep out water is a bad idea. But I just don't like any of the alternatives. 

I practiced with a circuit that has been powering my landscaping lights the past six months. 

Make sure you use non-leveling sealant after you secure the panels.  Preferably Manus 25-AM.

I'm using two Renogy 100W panels. I was really close to installing flexible panels like RV with Tito has on his YouTube channel. Instead I'm going rigid with Z brackets that I will hold down initially with 3M VHB tape and screws then Dicor over everything. 

I'm still torn between a solar gland for the cable entry or a box.  I really don't see myself running a WeBoost or anything else so the gland is probably easier. The gland will be held down by eternabond tape with Dicor oozing everywhere. 

Any advice on getting through the floor,  my sealed underbelly, and up to the battery? 

I think Matthew McConaughey is starting his run for governor tonight with his just keep living foundation and tonight’s fundraiser. He’s pulled in an A list of celebrities. Athletes, singers, actors, business leaders . . . 

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm leaving the site for a while, so I don't want anyone to think that I'm dead or anything. 

Idk if I'll ever return. 

Bye. 

Best of luck, Jack.  I hope you're ok.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm leaving the site for a while, so I don't want anyone to think that I'm dead or anything. 

Idk if I'll ever return. 

Bye. 

Happy trails! Best of luck in whatever you're doing next! :gosoxretro:

5 hours ago, scs787 said:

Am I too late to jump in big on Dogecoin???

I'm saving for a house in September and am really contemplating throwing a rather large chunk of my savings in there till September....Good or bad idea?

Not one person can tell you what will happen...  It started out as a joke, I definitely would not suggest to throw a large chunk of our savings on it.  If crypto ends up matching the market bubble, it could pop and you'd lose everything.  This is coming from somebody who sold at 7 cents,  I missed out on gains but who knows what will happen.  

9 hours ago, scs787 said:

Am I too late to jump in big on Dogecoin???

I'm saving for a house in September and am really contemplating throwing a rather large chunk of my savings in there till September....Good or bad idea?

Generic advice about investing. If you have a date you need to liquidate on then you need something that isn’t volatile. If your investment (stocks, crypto currency, collective plates, gold) dips when you need to withdraw, you lose the ability to ride out the dip. 

if you had a longer horizon, say two years, something with wild swings may be more appropriate. On a direct advice point, I wouldn’t  invest near term house buying money on crypto, or highly speculative stocks. Loses aren’t loses until you cash out. 

First release of 2020 Census data today. Illinois one of three states to lose population since 2010 and one of seven to lose a Congressional seat. Will be interesting to see how "creative" the state legislature can get in order to get two incumbent Republicans into the same district.

5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

First release of 2020 Census data today. Illinois one of three states to lose population since 2010 and one of seven to lose a Congressional seat. Will be interesting to see how "creative" the state legislature can get in order to get two incumbent Republicans into the same district.

They can study how the GOP carved up Texas in 2000. How it was legal baffled me.