2021 Catch-All

SoxAce

8 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Jeopardy champ 17 days in a row, now third all time in earnings. It’s been fun to watch his run (despite Joe Buck being part of it.)

Regardless of how much you do or don't know, there's a winning strategy to picking clues and it amazes me how many people don't follow it.

If you aren't Daily Double hunting against a really good player you have no chance.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:24 PM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Regardless of how much you do or don't know, there's a winning strategy to picking clues and it amazes me how many people don't follow it.

If you aren't Daily Double hunting against a really good player you have no chance.

Balanced against being certain that categories you are strong in are all played. 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Balanced against being certain that categories you are strong in are all played. 

Right, but in your strongest categories you should be picking the higher dollar values first. Even in your weakest categories, it's still to your advantage to find the Daily Double, as you losing $100 is better than one of your opponents doubling up. Daily Doubles are most common in the 4th row, followed closely by the bottom row.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:54 AM, knightni said:

I'm not opening political opinions with this (I will delete political replies), but I want to know how many of you are paying attention and/or reacting to the COVID Delta variant news?

latest news: not great!

Edited by StrangeSox

On 8/27/2021 at 9:07 PM, StrangeSox said:

This storm is coming in so quickly they don't have time for full evacuation measures and converting the counterflow highway lanes. Anybody there needs to get out ASAP

Some people will need more data. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where else to put this, but please do not buy an appliance from Best Buy. I just purchased a refrigerator last week and had the installation team who showed up and then left without installing it. I tried to reach out to Best Buy and it took over an hour to get someone on the phone and finally they said they couldnt reschedule until 7 days from now. I already had waited a week for installation.

I was going to buy from ABT but they didnt have the model, I now spent almost $800 more on a different model/warranty with ABT just because I will never buy another appliance from Best Buy (unless I can install it myself.) It was just such a terrible experience. 

6 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Not sure where else to put this, but please do not buy an appliance from Best Buy. I just purchased a refrigerator last week and had the installation team who showed up and then left without installing it. I tried to reach out to Best Buy and it took over an hour to get someone on the phone and finally they said they couldnt reschedule until 7 days from now. I already had waited a week for installation.

I was going to buy from ABT but they didnt have the model, I now spent almost $800 more on a different model/warranty with ABT just because I will never buy another appliance from Best Buy (unless I can install it myself.) It was just such a terrible experience. 

I bought my washer and dryer from abt in July and they were great, that really sucks that Best Buy was so unprofessional.  Did they give you a hard time about the return?

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I bought my washer and dryer from abt in July and they were great, that really sucks that Best Buy was so unprofessional.  Did they give you a hard time about the return?

There was nothing to return. They never even took the unit off the truck. I went to the store who sold it and they tried to convince me to try again and were willing to offer more discounts. They said I could cancel which I did later. I am still getting emails about the delivery and that the water line is out of stock. So if I had stayed with them who knows what would have happened. Its completely crazy because I purchased the water line, so how could the one that I bought now be missing.

Im actually happy in a way that this all happened. I was somewhat worried about getting another LG and preferred ABT for their warranty. Ill be without a refrigerator 1 more week, but at least Ill have a 5 year warranty and a better product (albeit more expensive.)

13 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Not sure where else to put this, but please do not buy an appliance from Best Buy. I just purchased a refrigerator last week and had the installation team who showed up and then left without installing it. 

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

There was nothing to return. They never even took the unit off the truck. 

I'm confused. Did they show up and then just leave again? Why didn't they install it?

12 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

There was nothing to return. They never even took the unit off the truck. I went to the store who sold it and they tried to convince me to try again and were willing to offer more discounts. They said I could cancel which I did later. I am still getting emails about the delivery and that the water line is out of stock. So if I had stayed with them who knows what would have happened. Its completely crazy because I purchased the water line, so how could the one that I bought now be missing.

Im actually happy in a way that this all happened. I was somewhat worried about getting another LG and preferred ABT for their warranty. Ill be without a refrigerator 1 more week, but at least Ill have a 5 year warranty and a better product (albeit more expensive.)

That's honestly crazy.  I thought they just brought the fridge dropped it off and said bye 

1 hour ago, Iwritecode said:

I'm confused. Did they show up and then just leave again? Why didn't they install it?

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

That's honestly crazy.  I thought they just brought the fridge dropped it off and said bye 

Long story short. They showed up and asked me to turn off my water main. I asked them why that was necessary because I have a shut off valve under my sink. They went under my sink and turned a different valve that goes to my water filter (while the water was on) until a small amount of water came out. They said that my sink was leaking and they had to call Best Buy to get permission to do the installation. They said while they were calling to go and turn my water main off. I went in my crawl space and turned the water main off. When I got back upstairs they were completely gone. I thought they had to move the truck cause they were blocking a street so I tried to call them and find out where they were. I then had a voicemail from Best Buy that the installation people told them that my pipes were broke and that I need a plumber to inspect before they would come back. My current refrigerator already has a water line attached to it so they had to do no installation. They never even tried to turn the shut off under the sink, just said it needed to be the water main.

I am pretty sure that they get paid if they report there is a problem with the customer. So basically they made up an issue and told me to go away while they lied to Best Buy. I tried to call Best Buy for over an hour and when I finally reached them was informed they could not install until next week. It was completely shocking and I could never imagine a store ever allowing a $2,500 purchase to be handled that way. 

After speaking to the instore Manager at Best Buy for 30 minutes he basically admitted they have no control over appliance installation, it is done by contractors and they basically cant assist in anyway. Which is why I am warning people.

Edited by Soxbadger