2021 Catch-All

SoxAce

On 11/5/2021 at 11:53 PM, greg775 said:

Hmmm ... carjacking is one of the most serious crimes imaginable along with home invasion. Anybody guilty of these crimes deserves some PT, prison time. Getting lenient with these perpetrators is WRONG as Chicago will find out when the city is a ghosttown in a couple years when people move OUT.

The carjackers will follow their victims to the suburbs. Just like any business wants customers. You really won’t be safe anywhere.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Texsox said:

The carjackers will follow their victims to the suburbs. Just like any business wants customers. You really won’t be safe anywhere.

The suburbs will charge those who get caught, though. That will keep them at bay possibly.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

The suburbs will charge those who get caught, though. That will keep them at bay possibly.

Do you really care if they get charged? You still were carjacked and have to deal with all that trauma. 

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Do you really care if they get charged? You still were carjacked and have to deal with all that trauma. 

Of course. If they carjack me or anybody else I'd like them to pay for their transgressions in jail. Also I see society crumbling if we let vicious crime go unpunished.

Edited by greg775

7 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Yes, I'm having to run my laptop and TV off a hotspot on my phone.

I feel like the cell service is noticeably slow this morning because I assume everyone is on it. 

17 hours ago, greg775 said:

Of course. If they carjack me or anybody else I'd like them to pay for their transgressions in jail. Also I see society crumbling if we let vicious crime go unpunished.

In the end living a normal life after a traumatic event like that is the most important part. I doubt there is much of a difference in what, if any, punishment happens. You still have the nightmares. 

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

In the end living a normal life after a traumatic event like that is the most important part. I doubt there is much of a difference in what, if any, punishment happens. You still have the nightmares. 

Who cares about me. I want the person who gives me the nightmares to pay with jail time. Plus I'm not like that. I'd be more angry than petrified. I probably wouldn't survive such an incident anyway cause I'm not giving some punks my car. I "might" go ahead and relinquish it if it's a rental.

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

Who cares about me. I want the person who gives me the nightmares to pay with jail time. Plus I'm not like that. I'd be more angry than petrified. I probably wouldn't survive such an incident anyway cause I'm not giving some punks my car. I "might" go ahead and relinquish it if it's a rental.

And what's the best way to not give up your car? 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:27 PM, greg775 said:

I need a firearm or mace.

Bear spray works nice. 

Or just give them your car. It reduces their stress when people just go along with the criminals. I'm certain they get a little nervous before jacking someone's car. If they knew folks will just politely place their valuables on the passenger seat and exit their vehicle it would allow the thieves to drive off safely. That easy everyone's stress would go down and no one gets hurt. Perhaps have a decal on your car that shows you won't shoot them or hit them with a face full of mace. That way the criminal won't get all nervous and hurt the victims. 

39 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Bear spray works nice. 

Or just give them your car. It reduces their stress when people just go along with the criminals. I'm certain they get a little nervous before jacking someone's car. If they knew folks will just politely place their valuables on the passenger seat and exit their vehicle it would allow the thieves to drive off safely. That easy everyone's stress would go down and no one gets hurt. Perhaps have a decal on your car that shows you won't shoot them or hit them with a face full of mace. That way the criminal won't get all nervous and hurt the victims. 

Whether this is serious or not, this is exactly what you should bleeping do if someone points a gun at you in any situation. Stay as calm as you can and give them basically anything they want. Don’t do anything to escalate. If you try to fight or make a sudden movement or try to pull a weapon, you have a decent chance of your life ending. My auto insurance will help pay for a replacement car. My life insurance won’t pay for a replacement me. Get out of the situation, survive it, deal with the police and insurance later.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Whether this is serious or not, this is exactly what you should bleeping do if someone points a gun at you in any situation. Stay as calm as you can and give them basically anything they want. Don’t do anything to escalate. If you try to fight or make a sudden movement or try to pull a weapon, you have a decent chance of your life ending. My auto insurance will help pay for a replacement car. My life insurance won’t pay for a replacement me. Get out of the situation, survive it, deal with the police and insurance later.

There was a case not too long ago of a pizza deliverer who was delivering a pizza to a “customer”. Pulled out of car at gun point, gave wallet, keys, etc. they still shot him and killed him for “fun”. 

I understand the general consensus to just give them what they want and I tell my wife the same thing, but if you are able to defend yourself or have the means to stop them, I’m sure as hell going to try. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Texsox said:

Bear spray works nice. 

Where can i buy bear spray? Is it legal? I won't just give them the car unless maybe if it's a rental. I guess if they like in the movies have the gun pointed at me at my chin or something I would get scared and maybe do whatever they say. Given a fighting chance, I'd resist however. Tex would u resist or keep your vehicle?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I agree with you in many ways about this but on the other hand this is 2021 and some things are worth dying for. Not just letting punks take your stuff. I agree with Shoeless Rob. If there's a chance to fight back it'd be worth it in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I agree with you in many ways about this but on the other hand this is 2021 and some things are worth dying for. Not just letting punks take your stuff. I agree with Shoeless Rob. If there's a chance to fight back it'd be worth it in 2021.

....................your car being one of them? And what does the year have anything to do with it.