2021 Catch-All

SoxAce

11 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Whether this is serious or not, this is exactly what you should bleeping do if someone points a gun at you in any situation. Stay as calm as you can and give them basically anything they want. Don’t do anything to escalate. If you try to fight or make a sudden movement or try to pull a weapon, you have a decent chance of your life ending. My auto insurance will help pay for a replacement car. My life insurance won’t pay for a replacement me. Get out of the situation, survive it, deal with the police and insurance later.

When will you defend yourself? After they kill your family? We keep protecting the criminals until they run the world. Pull a gun on me and we'll see who shoots first. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Where can i buy bear spray? Is it legal? I won't just give them the car unless maybe if it's a rental. I guess if they like in the movies have the gun pointed at me at my chin or something I would get scared and maybe do whatever they say. Given a fighting chance, I'd resist however. Tex would u resist or keep your vehicle?

Amazon or any outdoor store in bear country. Best $40 insurance you can buy. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Where can i buy bear spray? Is it legal? I won't just give them the car unless maybe if it's a rental. I guess if they like in the movies have the gun pointed at me at my chin or something I would get scared and maybe do whatever they say. Given a fighting chance, I'd resist however. Tex would u resist or keep your vehicle?

If a bear tries to carjack you, let him. He probably needs it more than you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

The Hotel Granduca in Austin had to evacuate all guests at 3:30 am because of a reported fire in the building. Guess how I know?  I really wish I thought to grab my truck keys. I could unlock,  start,  fire up the generator,  but not actually drive anywhere. 

Fortunately we were back inside about a half hour later. We smelled smoke from the kitchen area so they must have caught something before it was a bigger problem.

I'll be interested at checkout what they are doing to compensate the guests. At close to $300 a night I'm hoping for something more than a later checkout.   

Photobucket just tried the if you don’t opt out we’re moving you from free to $100 per year. It took a couple days but they relented and refunded my payment. I hadn’t used them in years and was literally in the hospital when the emails arrived. 

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Photobucket just tried the if you don’t opt out we’re moving you from free to $100 per year. It took a couple days but they relented and refunded my payment. I hadn’t used them in years and was literally in the hospital when the emails arrived. 

Hope everything is okay Tex! 

Working in fraud/disputes we see a lot of claims for auto rebilling.  This past year it seems a lot of sites either made the cancellation process/radio button hidden or removed it altogether, and that really sucks because all the merchants do is provide proof that the person did not cancel and in fact signed up for the auto renewal.  Hopefully what SS2K5 posted resolves a lot of that 

The ones where you sign up for free or reduced price X number of days or weeks or whatever and if you forget to call to cancel that it automatically renews at the "regular" price.

Although calling up and simply threatening to cancel when you just want to get lower price for another 6 months is a common tactic to combat this.

3 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

The ones where you sign up for free or reduced price X number of days or weeks or whatever and if you forget to call to cancel that it automatically renews at the "regular" price.

Although calling up and simply threatening to cancel when you just want to get lower price for another 6 months is a common tactic to combat this.

Especially when the reduced price is what someone would normally spend and the regular price is crazy. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, Kyyle23 said:

See, my friend told me 181 and I thought nah that's crazy, she must have meant 118.  Holy shit

Wow. I've been in 110 mph and I thought that was beyond imaginable.