Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SoxAce

2021 Catch-All

Recommended Posts

Hope he pulls through. The chorus for this song keeps going through my head now.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe it's been a year already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off the phone with my parents.  Three families in their neighborhood who they really don't know came by and offered to shovel their driveway and sidewalk. It sure does make me happy to know people notice and are there to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is super random but I wish Barnabys in Schaumburg was still open.  And also that there was no pandemic so I could go there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is super random but I wish Barnabys in Schaumburg was still open.  And also that there was no pandemic so I could go there

There's still one in Mishawaka near me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knightni said:

There's still one in Mishawaka near me.

I think the one in Des Plaines is the last one around here open but that may have changed in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're NW, there's one in Arlington Heights. It was actually the first place I ever ate when I moved here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, knightni said:

There's still one in Mishawaka near me.

Isn't there also one near downtown SB? I think I went there before a game once. Good food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Isn't there also one near downtown SB? I think I went there before a game once. Good food.

I don't believe that they're still open there any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Run to za pillows

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Isn't there also one near downtown SB? I think I went there before a game once. Good food.

Huh, guess I'm wrong. They are open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg says hi. Peace to you all amid this icy cold tundra.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, greg775 said:

Greg says hi. Peace to you all amid this icy cold tundra.

Tex says howdy. Y'all staying warm? It's colder than a cast iron commode here in central Texas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it gets around freezing here in Texas some school districts use a weather day and keep everyone home. I'm reminded of my first experience with this and hearing all the districts that closed but we were open. 

I was getting ready for my commute on possibly icy roads when a coworker responded to a social media post I made complaining about leaving my warm home to drive on frozen streets. He pointed out how our school building was the only warm building some of our students had to go to. The poorest of our families do not have furnaces to keep them warm. Perhaps a small fire. Perhaps they have enough blankets. 

I wiped the tears and drove my humble ass to school and said a thank you for all my blessings. 

It's inconceivable to me that we still have folks in America that risk dying when it's too cold or too warm. 

Stay warm y'all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texsox said:

When it gets around freezing here in Texas some school districts use a weather day and keep everyone home. I'm reminded of my first experience with this and hearing all the districts that closed but we were open. 

I was getting ready for my commute on possibly icy roads when a coworker responded to a social media post I made complaining about leaving my warm home to drive on frozen streets. He pointed out how our school building was the only warm building some of our students had to go to. The poorest of our families do not have furnaces to keep them warm. Perhaps a small fire. Perhaps they have enough blankets. 

I wiped the tears and drove my humble ass to school and said a thank you for all my blessings. 

It's inconceivable to me that we still have folks in America that risk dying when it's too cold or too warm. 

Stay warm y'all. 

When lived down there in the 80's that's wasn't an unusual thing.  It was more of a practical decision for some.  Why invest in something that happens once every decade at that cost when they  had more immediate needs?  It is like air conditioning in Alaska.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Texsox said:

Tex says howdy. Y'all staying warm? It's colder than a cast iron commode here in central Texas. 

Tex: I'm wearing two scarves these days, long underwear under the jeans and double socks. Despite the precautions, Greg still caught a moderately nasty cold and cough.

Reminds me of being a kid during winter time, and walking from 103rd St and Homan to Queen of Martyrs church, stopping in there to thaw for 2-3 minutes, then continuing the trek through St. Xavier grounds, onto Brother Rice property, entering Brother Rice in the early a.m. for my first class of the day -- Swimming! Brrrr.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turnin' two said:

It was like 2o when I walked the dog yesterday.  Our warmest walk in like 2 weeks.  Felt tropical, I didn't even have to wear 125 layers.  

I hate winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/12/2021 at 6:14 PM, greasywheels121 said:

I hate winter.

Agreed.

I made a post on FB last summer during one of our 90+ degree days. I had walked into my camping trailer and the thermometer said it was 103 degrees inside. Took a pic of it and said that I still preferred that to any day with snow or below freezing temps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×